My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
twiglet- exactly the same thing happens when i try to play command and conquer generals zero hour, i cant install or uninstall it WTF!

i *fruitcage* ing hate computers!!! :angry:

I can do that fine, check ya specs by going to "run" then "dxdiag" it'll tell ya there.

The fire selector came off my CA G36 during a skirmish, i lost the grub screw that holds the spring in. :(

C&C zero hour ran fine up until i got a virus on my pc, i had it wiped, i then decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it, the pc keeps coming up saying that i need some sort of file that i need to remove, but everytime i try to uninstall it it says its write protected and i cant even move it to a blank cd (so i can physically delete it!)arrgh!! :headbutt::angry:

Hewes, try getting reg cleaner and get rid of the files troubling you.

Farmers who park on blind corners. Which then forces the traffic to go on my side of the road, round a blind corner. Of course this happens right at the time when i'm going round the corner at 50.

Do you know why this farmer, (in a tractor with no reg plate either, or an exhaust), parked there? he wanted a chat with the person walking along the road. Thats right, nearly causing a huge head on collision just so he can have a chat.

Bent/lazy mechanics. So i'm driving along, at speed, approaching a tight corner, so i brake. Nothing happens. My brakes are totally gone. That tight corner is getting closer, so i down shift, but i'm still going too fast, and theres traffic on the other side of the road. Somehow, i get round the corner, applying the handbrake most likely, and pull over.

Turns out the brake vacuum hose got trapped between the air filter cover and the manifold, melting through the cable. Theres no way the cable could have fallen between the manifold and the cover. It had to be caused by a mechanic who just couldn't care less.

Last weekend the middle section of my exhaust fell of. Nothing at all wrong with the exhaust, the lock nuts just weren't tightened up. Lock nuts don't loosen up by themselves, so when someone was putting the exhaust on, hey just didn't bother to tighten up the nuts. which caused the middle section of my exhaust to wobble every time i revved the engine, which began to tear of the exhaust in the middle.

At work today I had to move 25 full crappy old desktop pc's (with CRT's) out of ne building, accross a busy road and into the basement of the main building.

This would not have been so bad normally. My temp job at tech support usually has me sat around doing FA all day. So actually doing something is great.

However on tuesday I had moved all those computers to that building.

Turns out they decided they didnt want them there after all.

My back hurts and my hands have blisters. Bar stewards

C&C zero hour ran fine up until i got a virus on my pc, i had it wiped, i then decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it, the pc keeps coming up saying that i need some sort of file that i need to remove, but everytime i try to uninstall it it says its write protected and i cant even move it to a blank cd (so i can physically delete it!)arrgh!! :headbutt:  :angry:

Download Gipo Utilities Move on Boot.

Got an email a while ago from GameFly, saying that they were going to charge me for three games I rented and never returned over a year ago.  Fair enough, I canceled the membership and never returned the games, right?  But they charge me $50 per game.  What kind of BS is that?  If I were to buy the games from their site, it would cost $20 per game tops.  I'm hoping I can just return them and get my money back.

Next time, don't steal stuff.

Do you really expect sympathy for being a thief?

But they charge me $50 per game.  What kind of BS is that?  If I were to buy the games from their site, it would cost $20 per game tops.  I'm hoping I can just return them and get my money back.

"No late fees" doesn't mean "Just keep it". If you don't return it, you're responsible for the cost of the game.

Got an email a while ago from GameFly, saying that they were going to charge me for three games I rented and never returned over a year ago.  Fair enough, I canceled the membership and never returned the games, right?  But they charge me $50 per game.  What kind of BS is that?  If I were to buy the games from their site, it would cost $20 per game tops.  I'm hoping I can just return them and get my money back.

Did you know that they have to pay a lot more for games they rent than ones they sell? Didn't think so....

The X factor is really getting on my nerves I cant escape the bloody thing because one of the idiots who works in the same room as me watches it when the boss isn't looking.

Its not just the deluded forty five year olds in the middle of a mid life crisis who sing like a dyson but its the people who get through as well.

Its always some twenty one year old who's spent their whole life working in an asbestos mine where their parents were brutally and fatally mauled by a ravenous pygmy goat and now they have this one chance to get out and become the star they always dreamed about, they then proceed to sing "you raise me up" like an angel and after an unnecessarily long "tension building" silence they are admitted through to the sound of much joy and tears, good god it makes you want to vomit.

Here's my rant.

I work in the fruit and veg in a local supermarket.

AND I AM SICK AND TIRED of people coming up to me and going, "Your not expecting me to pay xyz for that!" in a sarcastic manner! So I reply, "Well, you can choose another one, you don't have to pay for that one, the other ones look a bit better". Then they say to me, "Ah I'm only looking for a little bit, I'll only end up throwing it out."

I just want to PUNCH them!

And another one.

We had no spring onions one day, but I usually have the entire place stocked up to the brim, with absolutey everything piled up. Then some £$%^£ comes up to me and goes "You've no spring onions?" So I looked over at the BIG EMPTY SPACE with no spring onions, and I have to say, "Sorry we've none today." :banghead:

And another one!

When some $%£$% comes up to you, holds up a piece of veg or fruit, points at the label and goes "It's cheaper in Tescos." THEN GO TO *fruitcage* TESCOS!!!! I'M NOT FORCING YOU TO BUY THE *fruitcage* THING!

And another one!

When I have fresh stock on a trolley that has to be packed out, which i have to rotate with the old stuff on the shelf, and WHILE I'M PACKING IT OUT, some ^$%^£ comes up and just starts helping themself to the new stuff!!

Okay last one!

When I have things looking nice and neat and tidy for when one of the main managers is coming in to check it out, and some £%$^ starts TEARING the place apart searching for the "fresher" fruit and veg!! So by the time my manager arrives the place is in a mess and he's real ###### off.

God I hate the general public that come into that place :(

/rant over

Hauk

When I have things looking nice and neat and tidy for when one of the main managers is coming in to check it out, and some £%$^ starts TEARING the place apart searching for the "fresher" fruit and veg!! So by the time my manager arrives the place is in a mess and he's real ###### off.

God I hate the general public that come into that place :(

/rant over

Hauk

Sounds like where i work....

I spent 6 hours cleaning and tidying an area of the shop floor a few months ago, had it all looking spotless and, well perfect and then some *fruitcage* little 5 yearold kid just ran into the store and wrecked the whole *fruitcage* lot. I really wanted to stab the little *fruitcage* with a screwdriver at that point <_<

I know I was in the wrong, but asking to pay that much out of no where after 2 months just seemed odd. I asked for an envelope twice before canceling, but they never sent one.

I was able to send them back in a regular mailing flat so it's all good anyhow. :)

Archived