My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just give 'em the box instead. People who pester/badger people for gifts shouldn't be intitled to what they want. Gifts are from the goodnes of the hart not as means of getting what you want.

Eh, I'd rather pay 35 quid than ###### off / lose face in front of my friends. Annoys me me nonetheless, but fortunately the gift-giving tradition means he's now obliged to get me something of equal value when my b'day comes around.

:rolleyes:

builders

building work has made my job a bazillion times harder. and they're 3 weeks behind schedule. i work in a yard where deliveries are made all day by lorries and vans. and they refused to work for health and safety because "there's too many vehicles moving in the yard"

:huh:

perhaps im being silly, but i would have guessed the DELIVERY YARD of tesco's is a place where you would suspect vehicles come and go. lazy *fruitcage*ers. because of them, instead of doing my job undercover, im stuck out in whatever weather mother nature throws at us. *fruitcage* incompetent prats

Taken off the Empire site -

The series that launched a thousand quotes, almost as many careers and two extremely funny films is set to be remade for a US audience. Yes, Spaced, that sublimely geeky and bloody hilarious show from the talented Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes (formerly Stevenson), is headed for a US TV reinvention. Now brace yourselves for the bad news. Ready?

Sure?

It's being produced by McG. And written by Adam Barr (well, at least it's not Roseanne) who is a former writer on Will & Grace.

Now we're trying to rationalise our deep-seated dread at this suggestion. After all, Will & Grace had some clever writing involved. And the US version of The Office isn't half bad, despite the fact that the naysayers were ranged against it from day one. And McG as a producer is gonna be more restrained than McG as director... right?

But there's no getting past it - this just screams of blasphemy, horror and wrongditude. The Office may have been unglossy, but Spaced is positively grimy and all the better for it - and our Yankee neighbours have a way of making TV too pretty. We're trying hard to withhold judgement (A plague on both your houses! Ahem, we mean, good luck with that) but it's proving harder in this case than normally. Especially since Wright et al are not involved in the show, at least at present, and it's hard to imagine anyone else hitting that note of geeky goodness.

But what do you think? Are we oversensitive? Can it work?

No, why! It's just wrong, we all saw how they managed to murder something un-funny like 'The Office'. What are they going to do to this piece of classic British comedy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Every night its the same

5.55 pm the shops are shut and on come the adverts for the bakers shops that wont be open till the next day - waggling impossibly tasty looking pies and crusty savoury things at you the likes of which you've never actually seen on the shelf in the store

9pm on come the adverts for BKs and KFC soon as the local drive thru has closed

11pm its the turn of the flu remedys, runny nose stoppers and pain killers that you could have bought at the late night garage that closed at 10.59 pm

GRRRRRR should be a law against it!!!

Archived