My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm tired of these commercials promoting medicine to treat herpes in which the herpe-infested man/woman says, "I have genital herpes but I'm not going to let that slow me down!" and then they are shown rock climbing, mountain biking, white water rafting, etc.  What are the advertisers thinking??! 

At least in Tylenol commercials they show someone rubbing their temple and saying "When I have a headdache it's impossible for me to focus."  Then they cut to a picture of the Tylenol bottle and in the next shot the person is sitting there in their house smiling.  They aren't shown skydiving or snowboarding!!!  The only plausible message these STD medicine commercials is sending is that a lot of people like to have unprotected sex outdoors.

Why can't they show a guy in his lounge chair itching his crotch saying "Damn, these herpes are distracting me from the big game", show the medicine, then show the guy smiling and instead itching his *albartroth* while watching the tele?

I like mountain biking, and i find those sort of adverts annoying to <_<

Foreword:

I have no problem with animal lovers. I have no problem with people who own, domesticate, and breed animals. However, when animal lovers wish death upon non-animal lovers for not loving animals I feel the need to grab them by their little hitler mustaches and show them the error of their ways. Yes, this post is a result of the backlash someone on the "I'll show you my p*ssy" thread received for admitting that they've shot at problematic stray cats with a springer.

I was going to start with a long-winded explanation about science and evolution and how animal lovers have domesticated pets to the point that they've lost a great deal of instinct. (Thus rendering the poor creatures helpless in the wild and conveniently creating a warped justification for making them house pets) However, I've decided that simply stating my theory and replying to responses will be less exhaustive. Besides, I'm probably not going to change any minds so why waste more time than necessary? So here's my theory:

Keeping pets is no more justifiable than the slavery of Africans in early United States history. In both cases there is no express, consentual agreement between owner and "pet."

Have at it. I'll be happy to defend my stance at the expense of reputation. :flamed:If you wish to rebuttal I only ask that somewhere you state whether you believe A or B.

A. You believe all life is equal and should be equally valued.

B. You believe different life forms should be valued discriminately (ie. based upon intelligence, size, aesthetics, usefulness, practicality etc)

You know what's p**sing me off lately? The new trend for people to quote someone in their reply, but not add a comment of their own. Thanks for that, how very constructive of you! Please, either actually say something or shut the *fruitcage* up.

:zorro:

You know what's p**sing me off lately? The new trend for people to quote someone in their reply, but not add a comment of their own. Thanks for that, how very constructive of you! Please, either actually say something or shut the *fruitcage* up.

Doesnt Samm666 do that sometimes <_<

And another thing: when I search Google 'cos I want to buy something, I always end up with a list of these "we search every website for you" pages, and they all refer to each other! I'm using Google because I want to find the damn thing myself! Could they not block out these damn pages, or at least give us the option to?

Put a wild cat in his room, that will get him busy ;)

I didn't think I'd ever find myself saying this but thank God that some of you are so good at derailing a topic.

After a while I just started to think about Airsoft again and, quite honestly, I could care less about defending my stance on animal rights.

That is a fascinating MP3 player. On a related note:

boonga5.jpg

It seems there's a translation error on this ad, however. I found an article on this Japanese arcade game and you don't actually "spank" the game characters. Oh no, you take the big plastic finger and you shove it...well, I'll let you figure out the rest. Let's just say there's a reason for those facial expressions at the bottom.

Archived