My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

So, I come home last night to find a card from ParcelFarce saying that they tried to deliver something while I was out, and left it "behind the black bin"

I mean, WTF?? Just out in the open?

Why didn't they take it back to the depot like they're supposed to? Aren't they supposed to get someone to sign when they deliver stuff? (Speaking of which, I'm starting to get annoyed when I find Recorded Delivery items just posted through my door by the local Postman. I'm going to start claiming they were never delivered.)

So grrr - another reason to justify my ParcelFarce Hater userbar thingy...

If it was expensive, phone em up and tell em there was nothing behind the bin and, while I'm at it, who do I talk to about filing a claim for compensation?

:P

Flicking through the above posts, and after my own recent hassles with a mates PC snuffing it due to temperature issues, you guys should take a look at THIS.

The website is a bit confusing. Click the "download" page then click where it says "SpeedFan 4.33" just beow the word "DOWNLOAD" which is NOT, in fact, a link. :rolleyes:

It's a tiny little program that'll monitor up to 4 fan speeds and various temperatures too. You can set warnings, adjust fan speeds and all sorts.

Usefully, as well, you can change the options so that, rather than closing, it minimises to the taskbar and constantly displays the system temperature.

Brilliant! :D

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers - I'd been looking for a program to do just that. I knew someone out there would have made one.

EDIT - the package was an AUG from this fine forum... Well, it would have been, if it hadn't been left outside and stolen by local scallies... ;)

Add any strong accent to that, and it's so much bloody worse. And for once I don't just mean the call centres in Outer Mongolia. Had to ring BT the other day, and the guy I was talking was not only very softly spoken, he had a stupidly thick Scottish accent as well. Couldn't hear most of what he said.

:zorro:

Those bloody trolley/bag things that commuters insist on carrying their world around in ... you know the sort ... the ones with the pop up handles.

They're normally being dragged around by meandering idiots who are oblivious to the chaos that they're causing around them. I swear I'm gonna smack the next prat who stops at the top of a moving escalator to extend the handle on their bag.

They clog up the aisles on trains and are a general bloody nuisance.

There, rant over ... that feels better.

D

Bowling, you take the time to practice to be able to launch the ball down the lane at a million miles an hour for it to hit dead centre knocking all the pins flying except for one bloody pin. Only for someone in the next lane to drop the ball a metre away from the line, with the back of their hand facing forward, actually hit the front of the bumper that prevents the ball from going into the gutter, with the ball managing to zig zag it's way down the lane at slower than walking pace only for them to get a bloody strike. ###### me off.

Also, "What do you want to eat?" Me, "I really don't mind, whatever" "Urrg, why do you have to so difficult, can't you just make a decision?" WTF, that is perhaps the complete opposite of being difficult, i'm practically saying i'm OK with whatever you want.

Also, "What do you want to eat?" Me, "I really don't mind, whatever" "Urrg, why do you have to so difficult, can't you just make a decision?" WTF, that is perhaps the complete opposite of being difficult, i'm practically saying i'm OK with whatever you want.

I could not agree more.

The worst is being moaned at for never showing a preferance to any meal and then being IGNORED when you dare to ask for something specific just once!

Me last week: "you know what i fancy for dinner? steak teviot"

Mum: "yeah ok"

Me later on: "mmmm, this chicken and mash sure tastes good"

Let me tell you a little Story, from the Drivers of Civic Cars in NFS: Most Wanted.

- Hello Bob! My, and what shall we do today!

- Greetings Jeff! I heard little Fallen is racing around town today, trying to beat Punks and shake Five-O! I say let's frack his Crack up!

- Nice Idea! How about looking which is his optimal drive Line, and the slowly tuckring along, so he is forced to chose between us and the Wall!

- Great! Even better, let's lurk around below hilltops, where he can't see us and will ram us fo sho!

- And on crossroads, we'll take a turn right into his Lane!

- Yeeehaw! Let's go!

I must say, the traffic is really annoying in that Game, especially in Drag Races.

:busted_red:

1) It's a computer game.

2) Isn't traffic the point of racing on the road - ie to make it more interesting than just going around a track?

Relax, I'm not throwing a fit like that famous Youtube Kit.

I don't mind Traffic either, but if behind every corner or Hilltop there is a car, coveniently placed directly in my Way, it becomes an annoyance.

Besides, I beat the Game so it's all good anyways. :P

I nominate this.

This is one of many similar threads and PM's by the same OP who dithers and continues to ask the same questions and waste people's time.

It's as painful to watch this as it is to go shopping with a woman.

D

In racing games it always bugs me the way, on the last straight, when I'm in the lead, a delivery van always just "happens" to pull out of a side road right in front of me.

Gosh, that was an unfortunate coincidence, wasn't it?

So, next time, I deliberately hang back, learn the track, stay in 3rd or fourth place and trundle around the circuit to learn it properly until, on the last straight, the NPC cars in the first 3 places sail straight past the last intersection and the same bloody delivery van pulls out of the same side-road in front of me. AGAIN! :angry:

Seriously, I understand the idea of introducing hazards for the player to dodge but, FFS, let's try and make them appear a bit random and coincidental, eh?

Also, since we're on the subject, how come the cop cars in these games only ever chase ME?

I'm sure this is going to seem really pathetic in a racing game but, if I round a corner and see a cop car parked up I DO slam the brakes on in the hope that the NPC cars will be chased and I will slither past and resume the race unchallenged.

Not a hope.

I have never once, in 25 years of computer-gaming, seen a game where cop cars chase NPC racing cars. :angry:

Also, I'm a big of a fan of the Emperor: Battle for Dune RTS game. Why, oh why, do the whirlwinds and sand-worms barely ever damage the NPC while always homing in on me?

Also, the game cheats.

If I start a game, build a base and then build a barracks and train a couple of scouts and send them out to where the enemy base is, I'll find that the enemy base is already fully built, complete with factories, harvesters, starport and all the other stuff that I need to send harvesters to get the money so I can buy?

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, people who park cars carelessly REALLY get on my nip's.

Pro-tip: In a busy street, DO NOT drive your car into a space leaving 11ft in front of it and 12ft behind; just enough than nobody else can park. Have the bloody decency to park close enough to the other car so a third person can make use of the remaining space! :angry:

I hate to go on but it can be infuriating when a string of abandoned cars (all parked exactly 11ft apart) litter the sides of a street so that half the people that live there can't find a parking space.

My street is exactly as you describe. However, I have the solution. I drive a wreck of a car and park it using the: Reverse, THUD! Forward, THUD! Reverse, THUD! technique.

That'll learn the maggots.

Also, if someone parks a car in front of my garage I glue a sign to their windscreen.

Yes, glue.

Also, I'm a big of a fan of the Emperor: Battle for Dune RTS game. Why, oh why, do the whirlwinds and sand-worms barely ever damage the NPC while always homing in on me?

Also, the game cheats.

If I start a game, build a base and then build a barracks and train a couple of scouts and send them out to where the enemy base is, I'll find that the enemy base is already fully built, complete with factories, harvesters, starport and all the other stuff that I need to send harvesters to get the money so I can buy?

Because the of the law of The Computer is a cheating *beep* Especally Emporer battle of dune, the law involve mostly around how the lacking situation awareness or virsatality the AI can be implemented in a game with draining too much resources, game dev's have to make to use basically cheats to ensure th AI has a upperhand giving you inturn a harder difficulty.

[edit] Werds that are not spelt properly are no gud at all. :(

In the majority of RTS game missions, you are deploying a small force into an enemy area. Thus it makes sense that they already have a large base with most buildings and you start with sod all. Doesn't make it any fairer, but hey, if you find yourself in a fair fight, someone didn't plan properly.

• 1 year later...

Archived