My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

At the end of the day, it's simple - places that always get severe snow and icy winters are going to be better prepared for it. Here, where it's still relatively rare, we're not. Why? Because the bean counters don't want to buy 20 snow ploughs and 40 gritters per 10-square-miles because for over 9-months of the year they sit around costing money and doing nothing.

Totally agree but it doesn't relieve the humerus irony.

Worse still, attitude.

The relatively little snow we get really shouldn't be a problem: walk with appropriate footwear, drive appropriately (if conditions allow), wear another layer, stay in, turn the heating up & enjoy the view! :D

Pretty simple really. :rolleyes:

BUT NO. :angry: We crash & abandon vehicles for no particular reason, freeze to death, panic over how the country has ground to a halt, point fingers at the council for not gritting or tripling our council tax to invest in & maintain snow ploughs & stand by crews to be used one day, every two or three years, etc. etc.

Oh come on, grow up, it's a bit of snow for gods sake. It'll be gone tomorrow! :(

This is the rant section, right? :D

Greg.

PS, I'm a keen snow boarder & live on one of the steepest hills in West London (skate boarders come from miles away :D ). In 10 years there has never been enough snow to allow me to run my snowboard down it. But do you hear me complaining, do ya, do ya? :angry:

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Children....other people's children.

Yes I dislike them in person, in my house and in general. However even worse are the new parents....

No I don't want a photo of your child this Xmas dressed as santa/elf/reindeer or even a pumpkin at halloween. And seriously do you really expect me to put it on display to further your own smugness?

But worst of all are the new parents who keep asking my other half and I "When are you going to have kids?"

THE ANSWER IS NEVER - PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE PUT US OFF!!!!!!

We also like buying nice, expensive things / Holidays / £ 5k on Systema PTWs etc. We are enjoying our lives thank you very much and don't feel the need to spawn another child on the planet to justify our existance...give me another back lab anyday, at least you can train that to the gun...

Red

Agreed but you should clarify awful the truth behind this.

It ain't the kids is it?

It's the self absorbed parents! :angry: They become oblivious to the rest of the world, the only thing that matters is their precious genetic cargo.

A great example of this is the school run: Parents will cause a fatal accident involving other peoples kids, just to ensure that their own kid gets to school on time. :mellow:

It is the most horribly retarded & basic human instinct. Evolution is obviously not really taking us any further than rabid dogs. At least if you judge our performance, on how we currently rear our offspring.

Greg.

huzzah! the mk.1's (a4's as we call them in the trade, the newer shapes are the A5's) octavias are awesome! standard, or vRS edition?

It was a vRS but I have:

Replaced the steering rack with the R32 golf one.

Replaced the wishbones with the TT ones.

Fitted S3 upper and lower strut braces

Fitted all round polybushes.

Fitted all round coilovers.

Put decent tyres on it (225/45 R17 R888s, not so good in the snow).

Fitted a rear anti roll bar.

Replaced the front anti roll bar with the one from an R32 golf.

Replaced the gearbox with a newer one and fitted a Quaife ATB diff (best mod ever).

Replaced the crappy dual mass flywheel with the one from a G60 golf and the clutch with a sachs composite one.

Fitted a B&M short shifter

It is now 40% faster through corners despite having no more power.

For the winter I had dialled the suspension up to it's tallest setting.

I have also stocked up the boot with:

A gonk bag.

A blanket.

A shovel.

A box of grit.

A set of snow socks.

A tow rope.

A spare wheel (for a total of two, full size, not space saver)

A can of tyre sealant.

10l of windscreen washer.

Food and water

A battery charger/torch/tyre pump.

Hi vis vest and welly boots.

And

A bigger tyre bar with the correct socket on it.

I won't be getting stuck.

I have in fact just driven 600 miles, many of them by necessity on ungritted back roads to collect the various disparate members of my family and deliver them to my mum's house.

On the entire trip the only thing that held me up in any way were the untold millions of morons clogging up the middle lane with their cars.

Gritting is the council's responsibility but being prepared is ours.

Stealth is right, to the government it isn't cost effective to be prepared for the 1 week a year that there is snow.

If you want to remain mobile the onus is on you.

Snow socks cost 50 quid. Get some, learn to drive, stop crying.

6) Ginger haired men…one word “Abomination”, two words… “Hair Dye”, use it.

*Disclaimer: unilateral, bigoted comments accepted in good faith, ‘cos I is Spescil*

I don't accept your disclaimer.

I am ginger, proud and angry.

5) The Welsh, and Wales in general. (I’m an anti-welsh bigot and comfortable with that, next to the “Ginners” they’re the worlds greatest threat *wink*)

6) Ginger haired men…one word “Abomination”, two words… “Hair Dye”, use it.

*Disclaimer: unilateral, bigoted comments accepted in good faith, ‘cos I is Spescil*

You may as well have just posted how you hate black people. Would you really expect a disclaimer to make that acceptable? Why should a disclaimer make those comments acceptable?

*Disclaimer, above member needs to read the rules.

"Be nice to other forum users

Treat others as you would expect to be treated. If you are abusive on these forums, your posts / threads will be edited or deleted, you may be given warning points, you may get your account suspended, and persistent offenders will be banned."

"This site makes no discrimination between people of different race, gender or religion. Airsoft is a sport for all, and these forums reflect that. We welcome everyone except those who demonstrate intolerance toward others."

I LOVE other people's kids. Oh you have no idea how fun it is to fill them up with sugary snacks and then hand them back to their parents. ;)

Meh, lightweight....

I enjoy it when a smug little brat starts whining or howling at an inopportune moment.

Simply tell them that their parents are actually aliens who breed children to eat when they turn [insert childs age at next birthday].

That never gets old. :D

Meh, lightweight....

I enjoy it when a smug little brat starts whining or howling at an inopportune moment.

Simply tell them that their parents are actually aliens who breed children to eat when they turn [insert childs age at next birthday].

That never gets old. :D

om nom nom!

Worryingly, I found that even my combat boots can't cope with iced up sidewalks. The footwear that offers me the most(and surprisingly high levels of) grip are my................... crocs!

:o

How about you lot let the Mods in the thread worry about the forum rules?

Rob15 and Misfit are mods.

I am ginger, proud and angry.

You really don't want to make a ginger angry, they have that nutter gene. :mellow:

The clue is in the hair, RED, is nature's way of warning about danger.

Where do you think the expression red mist came from. :o

Greg.

PS, As per the rules of discrimination, I'm allowed to say that, 'cos, I'm a ginger. :clown:

From the explosion of blood and gore as someone hacks their murderous way through a sea of human victims?

:D

Now that's random. ;)

No, it's genetic, my Dad & his mum were gingers & it's been passed down.

It's a great asset. It allows you to blow off steam when most have to suck it up. :D

& chicks dig it. Well, the ones I get do. :o

The very best bit is having a ginger beard, which now has random patches of grey & white,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you can imagine!

Greg.

The best thing about being ginger, which I am, is that because we are born without souls, we are able to harvest the souls of any non gingers we sleep with (obviously if a ginger sleeps with a ginger they are breaking the one part of the Nueremburg Laws the allies left intact).

Also we can't be killed with conventional weapons.

As a downside we smell of fox p***, twigletts and green jelly babies.

Getting back on topic;

Being at work with just about nothing to do for the next 3 hours! Sandwiches only tonight so it's deadly quiet (hopeful that isn't literal seeing as it's a retirement village). Already made myself a bacon sandwich and drank copious amounts of tea. Shame my rather attractive (female) collegue is somewhere in the back doing some shop paperwork.

Whats your re-action to adverts of starving children and the like?

My personal hatred is of the afforementioned adverts; I hate being guilt-tripped into handing over money to all these charities. Is it my fault no-one in India or Africa knows what a condom/abstinence is? Is it my fault my ancestors were smart enough to leave the dry arid desert regions to find better lands to live and farm on?

Cant feed 'em dont breed 'em- that goes for families everywhere really; using the Catholic faith as an excuse to breed like rabbits is a ###### poor one at best.

I also hate 99% of women, 100% of children. And seaguls.

Bob.

*fruitcage*.

Geldof.

I hate the *fruitcage*.

Listen up Bobbo, you're bloody minted. So until you're giving away ALL of your money, living on the equivalent of minimum-ish wage, in a house that could only be bought on such meagre earnings, stop with the guilt trips every sodding christmas.

Do they know its christmas? No. Why should they? They're not sodding christian are they?

Archived