My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't posted in this topic before so I think its about time I did.

I bloody hate it when people automatically assume that your trying to sell them something when they know you work for an advertising/marketing company. Today the boss asked me to find a garage that could service our fleet (4 reps cars and 2 cars belonging to the directors). I remembered a place that my friend took her car to the week before and decided to give a call to the owner as we had spoken before about him advertising with us and so he knew who I was and who I worked for (a local directory company). The call pretty much went like this...

Me: Hi it's Josh from (company name). We spoke the other week when I came to pick up my friends car.

Garage owner: Oh right, listen mate like I said before I'm not interested in advertising.

Me: Oh no I'm not calling about tha.....

Garage owner: I told you I'm not interested. I'm busy, I've got to go. (And then he hung up.)

Now I figure that its just a bit of a mis-understanding so I call back...

Me: It's Josh again, I...

Garage Owner: I've just bloody told you I'm not interested in *fruitcage* advertising! (And then he hung up again!)

At this point the director came into my office as he had overheard the call and wanted to know what the problem was to which I explained that the garage owner thinks I'm trying to flog him advertising space. So my boss give the garage a call himself which went like this...

My boss: Hi this is (Boss's name), I'm the director of (company name).

Garage owner: Oh right, how can I help?

My boss: I've just asked one of my managers to call you as I've got a 6 car fleet which needs a full service. However after the way you've just treated him you can *fruitcage* right off becuse I'm going elsewhere! (And then my boss hung up).

The way I figure it that guy lost out on about £1k's worth of work just because he didn't listen :waggle:, but this kind of thing happens to me every day.

Assumption is the mother of all *fruitcage* up's!

Josh

Bus drivers are just stupid :P

So are some passengers:

Yesterday, first run of the day. Woman gets on, wants a £1.70 fare and only has a fiver. I said "I cant change that, I only carry £3 in float, its all in 5p and 10p coins, and I can't give you all of my float".

She actually HAS the correct fare with some huffing gets it out of her purse.

She shouts over her shoulder to another person waiting for another bus "This bus service is ****"

I just o.O for the moment and tell her when she gets off that the next time I'm driving that bus, she can wait for the next one.

People... bus drivers do not HAVE to give change. Its a courtesy, not the law. And we can refuse passengers entry for any reason, or no reason at all. Be polite, or prepare to walk...

You'd love working where I do...

Store opens at 07:00, £100 float- sounds alot but it isnt. This is particulaly true when the foreign nationals ( Kuwaitis, U.A.E etc ) want to buy a mars bar & can of redbull with a £20 note; they do this about 60-70% of the time regardless of the time of day and how much change you know they actually have. For you see, they dont have coins back home it seems, and they hate carrying them in their tiny little wallets, so all their change stays in their cabins until the end of term usually at which point they bring it in en-mass to be changed up into paper money.

Sure I've ranted about this before, but it really does my head in- customers can be a royal pain in the *albatross* sometimes, but thankfully since we dont have to deal with the general public the number of arrogent & ignorant gits is kept at a minimum.

Oh yeah, second rant; its the middle of February; why is it still freezing cold and snowing? Global warming my *albartroth*...

Oh yeah, second rant; its the middle of February; why is it still freezing cold and snowing? Global warming my *albartroth*...

*plays violin*

Seriously, it's February. That's what it does. When you start getting over 2 feet of snow in October, then you can complain.

Edit: Okay so it was 2 feet...but the February thing still stands.

Um.... Sex?

Maybe normal sex is boring for Greg now, he might be asking for a bit of spice, like in a Batman costume or something like that. I really don't want to know the answer though.

Or if they are both up for it see if they are both up for it at the same time, that would be a hell of a conversation one-up.

EDIT: So why does my ex just want to moan at me for ruining her chances of a stable relationship. She even claims she can't actually look at pictures of me anymore as they make here upset and angry?!?!

'FireKnife'

Wait...you work in advertising?

*turns off router*

:P

Run away, advetiser.

;)

'FireKnife'

I WORK for an advertising/marketing company :P I don't actually sell anything. Infact tell a lie I did make a sale the other day by accident :o. I was chatting to a plumber who was giving a quote to re-fit my parents bathroom and he asked what I did, so I showed him and he said "Thats *fruitcage* fantastic! How soon can you do that for me?". I was like "Erm, I'll have someone from sales call you tomorrow" :unsure:

Josh

Don't worry i am now a MCP on my way to being a MCDST.

MCP = Microsoft Certified Professional.

MCDST = Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician.

Lot of big words for esentially 'The IT Bloke'

But it means i am only Microsoft Qualified, but i have had 3 years experience with Mac's too, they just suck though.

'FireKnife'

EDIT: So why does my ex just want to moan at me for ruining her chances of a stable relationship. She even claims she can't actually look at pictures of me anymore as they make here upset and angry?!?!

'FireKnife'

Who *fruitcage* knows, mate? :huh:

Sounds like she's either trying to get back together with you, or else has some *serious* personal issues.... <_<

I think it is just personal issues, she has never been that stable to be honest, but if i do annoy her why does she keep in contact?

The mind boggles.

'FireKnife'

I think all women are bonkers. My last girlfriend ended up in A&E after cutting her wrists when I broke up with her :o. and my girlfriend before her cried after we had sex because she never wanted me to leave her :unsure:

I'm gonna start psych evaluating all the girls I go on dates with from now on!

Josh

Not that I want a crazy woman - but where do I find one who will go to such lengths to not be apart from me?

All the ones I've known have been the other kind of crazy - the one where they never want to see or hear from you again, or even be reminded that you exist... <_<

Not that I want a crazy woman - but where do I find one who will go to such lengths to not be apart from me?

All the ones I've known have been the other kind of crazy - the one where they never want to see or hear from you again, or even be reminded that you exist... <_<

I think your looking for mildly crazy. Not crazy enough to try and kill herself if you ever leave, but enought to never cheat or mess you about. Try dating a girl whos a few leagues lower than you ;)

Josh

Archived