My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense if they do. But you see it so often on the classifieds on most forums where people are complaining because they havent recieved an item 7 days after paying.

Part of it I blame on Paypal. You can only pursue a claim up to 45 days after sending the payment. Doesnt allow much time for problem resolution without resorting to Paypal claims.

You're not wrong - the whole paypal/ebay thing seems to have raised people's expectations to an unreasonable level.

On the other hand, surely it's not completely unreasonable to expect a seller to ship your item as soon as they've got your money, and even with Royal Fail's somewhat spotty record, you ought to receive it in less than a week in most cases...

True, now adays the standard seems to be about 5-7 days maximum that people will wait.

I blame all these internet sites that offer 'next day delivery'

Everyone expects things to come to quick nowadays

;)

'FireKnife'

I've got a sodding inner ear infection.

In both sodding ears if you don't mind.

I'm in agony, my ears are ringing, and my balance is shot.

And I have bloody discharge coming out of one of them.

And a college interview on wednesday.

Which I can't get to if my balance doesn't right itself cause I'll crash my scooter and probably die.

And my *fruitcage*-buddy got a boyfriend.

FML

And my *fruitcage*-buddy got a boyfriend.

Ah the disadvantages of such a situation, when the other one moves on, but hey find another lol. ;)

But my rant for today is Stagecoach buses, how do they time it so that they are always five minutes late and employ some of the worst drivers i have seen, i know driving a long vehicle can be a bugger but not that bad that you can't see cars coming up the side of you on a dual carriageway.

'FireKnife'

Makes sense if they do. But you see it so often on the classifieds on most forums where people are complaining because they havent recieved an item 7 days after paying.

Part of it I blame on Paypal. You can only pursue a claim up to 45 days after sending the payment. Doesnt allow much time for problem resolution without resorting to Paypal claims.

I blame Paypal but, possibly, for a different reason.

I think a lot of people place orders for stuff and then, when it doesn't show up, they immediately start a paypal dispute.

Once this happens I figure most sellers immediately think "Well, sod that. I'm not sending the item now" and that's what causes the fuss to kick off.

I guess EBB is the most obvious example of this.

I admit I usually buy pretty mundane stuff from them but I've never had a real problem.

Every time I order from them it's always the same thing...

You order, you wait, you send a stroppy email, part of your order arrives, you send another stroppy email and the next day the rest of your order arrives.

This procedure usually takes anywhere up to 3 weeks.

I'm guessing that a lot of the people who have problems are people who don't have the patience to wait the 3 weeks and start a dispute sometime along the way.

If you are kept informed by the seller and/or you *know* before purchasing roughly how long it will take, most people are okay with it.

For example, when I order from Hong Kong or the USA, I don't expect the items to arrive within a few days.

It's only when the item is delayed beyond the point where you have a reasonable expectation of its arrival that you start to wonder.

Speaking of which - I've not received the G36 foregrip yet, Stealth.... ;)

Turned up today. Cheers, Stealth and the free rail was a nice thought. :)

The USP M3-taclight adaptors fit nicely on the grooves in the bottom of the foregrip anyway, so I'll only need the rail for a vertical foregrip if I decide I want one, but it's always good to have the option. :)

People who feel they have to 'sign' each and every post at the bottom of their input. We know what your name is...its on the left of your post. It smacks of arrogance.

Have been doing it since post one on here.

Merely to state, end of my message and to give a personal touch. Too much of being taught how to write correct letters and to sign off correctly is why i think i keep doing it.

Not to be arrogant as you put it. But i have noticed that when i message someone who doesn't normally do it, the return message contains the name about half the time.

So blame me.

;)

'FireKnife'

New rant, a short one...

People who feel they have to 'sign' each and every post at the bottom of their input. We know what your name is...its on the left of your post. It smacks of arrogance.

Trust me, you're not THAT important.

There are exceptions to this, though...rite?

:D

-Vic

Archived