My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New rant, a short one...

People who feel they have to 'sign' each and every post at the bottom of their input. We know what your name is...its on the left of your post. It smacks of arrogance.

Trust me, you're not THAT important.

I'm so sorry, I never thought of it like that.

I kind of thought it was the right thing to do, like actually using capital letters, commas etc. like we are encouraged to do, in the rules section.

I certainly don't do it because I think I'm important. I do consider my input has value (don't we all?) but I don't think that putting my name at the end of my writing has anything to do with that. I certainly never considered it made me 'Important'.

I'm sorry you see this as a sign of arrogance. You are possibly right. On some sort of subliminal level, perhaps. I just do it as a sort of acknowledgment to 'writing etiquette'.

Unfortunately, I'm not compelled to stop but I am also saddened that this is a thorn in your side. You are obviously a decent sort of chap & I am sorry to cause you annoyance. Try to ignore it. Even better, just ignore all of my posts. Most will agree I tend to write tripe, so you wont be missing much. :D

Mines bigger than yours.

We know. :(

Greg.

Yeah, the way I see it is that in PMs/Emails you are sending the equivalent of snail mail. You sign (sometimes, depends if its a formal message or a quickie to a friend).

A forum post doesnt need to be signed. The signature is there for that if you want it, just like a name plate in front of a speaker at a forum/commission etc.

Putting it in the post is the equivalent, to me, of for example:

Charles: "Hi buddy, how are you today? I'm Charles."

Eddie: "Great buddy! Going to the ball game tonight? I'm Eddie."

Charles: "Sure! Want me to pick you up? I'm Charles."

Eddie: "Yeah, that'd be great. 5 o'clock then? I'm Eddie."

Charles: "Right on, see you then! I'm Charles."

It is absolutely unnecessary and a bit stupid if you ask me. No offence intended to anyone when I say that but you dont have a conversation and continually reinforce who you are. Even if its not arrogant, it is certainly unneeded and possibly a sign of a vagueness of one's own identity :P Its like you are letting us all know which of your multiple personalities we are talking to :P

Yeah, the way I see it is that in PMs/Emails you are sending the equivalent of snail mail. You sign (sometimes, depends if its a formal message or a quickie to a friend).

A forum post doesnt need to be signed. The signature is there for that if you want it, just like a name plate in front of a speaker at a forum/commission etc.

Putting it in the post is the equivalent, to me, of for example:

Charles: "Hi buddy, how are you today? I'm Charles."

Eddie: "Great buddy! Going to the ball game tonight? I'm Eddie."

Charles: "Sure! Want me to pick you up? I'm Charles."

Eddie: "Yeah, that'd be great. 5 o'clock then? I'm Eddie."

Charles: "Right on, see you then! I'm Charles."

It is absolutely unnecessary and a bit stupid if you ask me. No offence intended to anyone when I say that but you dont have a conversation and continually reinforce who you are. Even if its not arrogant, it is certainly unneeded and possibly a sign of a vagueness of one's own identity :P Its like you are letting us all know which of your multiple personalities we are talking to :P

I've been thinking about this since you put the original gripe up & you are right, it is absolutely unnecessary.

However, I'm used to doing it. You are right, this is my arrogance. I kind of don't want to conform to this relatively new style of communication, I guess?????????

Any how, I'm sorry if it pee's ya off. I'm also sorry that ~I just can't bring myself to conform to the 'new rules'. I just can't let go of a lifetime of signing my name at the end of a piece of writing. However, it's worse than arrogance, it's also hypocritical, as I have adapted to text messaging & no longer sign my name on them. Maybe I'll get it. Eventually. But I still feel it kind of cheapens the written form, kind of like text speak, without the correct punctuation & grammar.

This is my problem. I'm sorry it's having a negative effect on you. :(

Plus you are signing it with a pseudonym anyway! PMs etc. I always put my proper name too.

Are you saying 'Greg' ain't a 'proper' name? :D

Greg.

post_old-greg.jpg

Gentlemen, I have a minor complaint regarding the internet service providers in my country of residence. I'd be happy if it didn't slow down every prayer time or have a tendency to go slow randomly on many other occasions.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so bloody expensive! I have discovered a provider that is now offering 4mb connections*

*up to. Chances are it would be a hand written letter sent by camel to the censors in Riyadh followed by some poorly paid Bangladeshi typing it into google, printing it off and sending it back.

UPS managed to deliver my airsoft gun to my boss today. <_<

I told them to deliver it to the place where I work so I could recieve it.

They failed to understand this simple instruction and delivered it as a product sample(The the place where I work sells interior decoration stuff and such).

So they managed to reveal to my boss what I do as a hobby and they also gave an old lady(who opened the package) a bloody heart attack. :rolleyes:

Last time I EVER use UPS.

I'm pretty ###### at the moment, as you can probably tell, so please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Last time I EVER use UPS.

I could have told you not to use UPS, and so could a lot of people.

Although, frankly, I'm surprised they actually delivered the package - everything I've ever had shipped with UPS never arrived due to them not bothering to do their job properly and I had to go and get it myself. One time I even had to go all the way to the airport depot to sort the situation out with Customs because UPS were just causing trouble.

UPS just seem to hate airsofters. I cannot advise anyone against using them strongly enough.

Moriquende - on first reading that mistake sounds funny but when one looks back and thinks about it, I can imagine how shocking that could be for them and how seeing a gun could be misconstrued :o

Hopefully they will understand to some degree. I bet the air will be frosty around your workplace for a few days though :(

i ordered a battery for my crane stock M4. on the website it has a picure of said battery, with a Deans connector on it. in the description it says "please specify if you want a tamiya connector". i wanted a deans so i left it blank. sure enough, sods *fruitcage* law says that they send me one with a tamiya connector.

i ordered a battery for my crane stock M4. on the website it has a picure of said battery, with a Deans connector on it. in the description it says "please specify if you want a tamiya connector". i wanted a deans so i left it blank. sure enough, sods *fruitcage* law says that they send me one with a tamiya connector.

That would get my goat too.

That would incite me soooo much, I'd send it back, at my own expense, with a note, explaining the situation.

If they didn't make it right, my next move would be banging my head repetitively against a wall, followed by an anthrax filled letter bo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry, time to take one of my special tablets.

Greg.

I assume that was component shop? Just email them and they'll swap it for you.

#Sits here stroking his gas gun#

Actually the above is not true, i'm in a UK college so not allowed firearms in here, says so on the test exam papers.

Which is an odd one for me and hopefully someone in the US can solve this for me, why does it say 'no weapons including firearms' on a US based test paper for the MCDST? Are there people sat in IT exams stroking a .45 in a holster or something, just in case they get it wrong and have a desire to shoot the screen?

Having just sat another test today i really can't be bothered, especially as i am doing an IT course and our exam is hand written which is really odd when we have a full size computer exam room.

'FireKnife'

Having just sat another test today i really can't be bothered, especially as i am doing an IT course and our exam is hand written which is really odd when we have a full size computer exam room.

'FireKnife'

There's irony! :D

Greg.

Archived