My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My problem is apostrophes.

Greg, I like you. I feel like we have a lot in common but come on, 10 posts after this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p;#entry2300172

You do this:

Are you doing it deliberately to make my eyelid twitch?

If so: It's working.

Didn't you know that "greg" stands for "GREenGrocers'"?

:P

Edit: As long as we're being Nazis, there's always the issue of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this.

As well as the fact that he and Fireknife are hitting on each other in every other thread.

Boobs mate, that's all that you need to know about women.

More of a leg man, or a nice shapely backside.

As well as the fact that he and Fireknife are hitting on each other in every other thread.

And what is wrong with a bit of Guy Love?

;)

I wonder what'll happen when Stunt finally has had enough of bad grammar and snaps?

He will be seen goosestepping around Aberdeen and Dundeee in a black uniform reading the Dictionary and Thesaurs out loud with him taking time to sound each word.

:unsure:

Life. Sucks

Aren't I glad I always look on the bright side of life. :)

'FireKnife'

And what is wrong with a bit of Guy Love?

Hey, I'd probably say the same if you were flirting with one of our female members, such as...

...er, for example...

...well...

...I know we've got at least two or three of them. Definitely two. I think. :unsure:

...I know we've got at least two or three of them. Definitely two. I think.

Check my 'Friends' list to find at least two lol.

Punkypink's female, I've heard, but I wouldn't recommend trying to flirt with her. I hear tales of woe..........

Yeah it is called 'lesbianism'.

;)

'FireKnife'

My problem is apostrophes.

Greg, I like you. I feel like we have a lot in common but come on, 10 posts after this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p;#entry2300172

You do this:

Are you doing it deliberately to make my eyelid twitch?

If so: It's working.

Why, thank you & I'm sorry.

I do my best but only have 2 English O levels, which are over 30 years old! I have a poo long term memory & tbh didn't really pay attention in those lessons.

Coupled with the fact that I have only ever read two books cover to cover, in my life (Lord of the rings & Black Hawk Down) & find written English extremely hard. I can't spell, rely on spell check & take about half an hour just to do a post like this.

You'll also notice that I'm king of the afterthought, always reading & then editing every bloody post I do.

I try my best but will try harder. ;)

Greg.

Rant of the day...

Why is it that when I am on the Haotian, I get goldfishes? I mean complete idiotic apes with brain damage gawping at me. Yes, I have a 100cc step-thru. I'll bet they wouldnt gawp so much if they saw me on either of my litrebikes.

I have the step-thru basically because there's no point starting up a big bike to go 2 miles to work. I'd walk if it wasnt so hilly round here. And for commuting, it is awesome. Its fun to ride, and is straight and to the point. But why should I have to explain it to people?

I love the bike. I just get sick of stupid looks from stupid people when I'm on it.

Why is it, that my local dhl delivery guy (You know the type, not a dhl van, but he delivers for them), always has to point out when its lego getting delievered. I think he wants to make me feel uncomfortable or something.

I'm tempted to buy something from anne summers, see if he remembers what those boxes look like.

What's ###### me off at the moment??

Some *fruitcage* americans laughing about getting drunk on St Patrick's Day on "Irish Car Bombs"

I know people who lost friends and relatives in the Irish "Troubles" - I don't think it's very funny.

How about I name a drink after Osama's creative use of jet airliners in 2001, and see how many damn yanks have a laugh about it?

What about "WTC Tower Demolishers"?

A Twin Towers? Allready done.

That's two 330ml bottles of beer upside down in a pint mate.

'Plastic paddys' are actually one of my main hates, their all to often completely ignorant willingness to back the IRA is actually one of the few things that actually sends me into a rage as I actually had family members getting targetted in the troubles.

But this is perhaps a conversation it may be best not straying into any further.

What's ###### me off at the moment??

Some *fruitcage* americans laughing about getting drunk on St Patrick's Day on "Irish Car Bombs"

I know people who lost friends and relatives in the Irish "Troubles" - I don't think it's very funny.

How about I name a drink after Osama's creative use of jet airliners in 2001, and see how many damn yanks have a laugh about it?

What about "WTC Tower Demolishers"?

'Plastic paddys' are actually one of my main hates, their all to often completely ignorant willingness to back the IRA is actually one of the few things that actually sends me into a rage as I actually had family members getting targetted in the troubles.

But this is perhaps a conversation it may be best not straying into any further.

I'm happy to join this band wagon.

Dad was in the Met all of his working life, 50's-90's & was regularly subjected to the IRA's handy work.

Without getting too far into a politics, that we should all put behind us, there are imo, two very distinct types of 'Irish'. There are those that have every right to be proud of themselves. Then there are those full of false pride, living off the generous & loving reputation of the others.

My last fist fight was with one of the latter:

I'd just come out of a cave dive in Mexico, shared with a big Dutch feller & as we made our way back to the car, we could hear some really loud Americon who was obviously drunk, showing off to his mates about god knows what.

As we got closer, he greeted us & we returned the complement. He focused on my London accent ranting on about 'how us Micks smacked them *fruitcage* limeys'. I politely pointed out that being a teenager, he really didn't know what he was talking about & would appreciate it, if he would keep the noise down, as it was giving me a head ache. In retrospect, he could have been talking about a football match or something :( .

However, he didn't get the hint & upped the anti, with a what are you going to do about it old timer, type of attitude. My younger Dutch buddy attempted to come to my assistance with the old 'you Yanks think you own the planet, & should watch yourselves'. At which point the Yank claims he's not a yank but second generation Irish, so we should both watch out mouths, especially the limey, who we all hate, 'cos he'd have me killed, by his cousin back home.

At which point I dropped my bcd & tanks & proceeded to smack the living *suitcase* out of him. As his body started to give in, I took the opportunity to turn him onto his stomach & smack his ares with my hand. I explaining that if he had an ounce of Irish decency in him, he would know exactly why he was receiving a spanking & he was lucky it was just my hand, not my weights belt. At one pint, I kept repeating my home address, inviting him to send his cousin over for some of the same. It was all very embarrassing. I'd really lost it.

Big Dutch feller was kind enough to supervise his mates, warning them to leave us to it.

Drunk Amerish kid finally got the message & pretended to be asleep. He wasn't unconscious, I had specifically avoided the head. I know how he felt, a good beating kind of tires you. I thanked the audience & asked if they thought I was out of order, they agreed he had it coming & mocked him, still on the floor.

I was so knackered. Fighting in a wet suit with 10KG round your waist is not recommended. Dutchy had to carry my tanks back to the car. On the way back he kept on congratulating me, saying 'remind me never to pretend I'm IRA'. :(

So, yeah, False Irish Pride has always ###### me off. ;)

I'm not up for, or encouraging the IRA debate but do think some folk need to be a little more sensitive. Especially concerning things, where they obviously have no experience.

Greg.

I wonder what'll happen when Stunt finally has had enough of bad grammar and snaps?

He will become my gf....

...which on the one side may not be too bad as he's become a stunningly, gorgeous model....

.....but he would also become just about the worst grammer nazi on this rock we call Earth....

....seriously, girl interrupts sentences as I'm speaking to correct me!

Oh-kaaaaaaaaaaay....

*Steps back slowly*

Agreed.

As for my rant of the day:

Those 12yr olds who think it hilarious to sing constant irritating songs on COD4.

Though i suppose it has it's upside as when you find them camping, flashbang them and cut them and there team mates up they stop singing....................

.............and begin a torrent of abuse at you for kicking seven shades out of them.

<_<

'FireKnife'

I'm I'll.

Gah.

Thanks Greg, I had a very similar encounter with a Glaswegian "Provo" when I was a bouncer.

He threatened to have me "kneecapped" if I didn't let him into my pub.

I threw him down the stairs out the front.

He pulled a knife and my colleague took it off him and used it to cut all the guy's clothes off.

I have never laughed so much at a guy threatening to bomb my entire family.

The bravery brought on by alcoholism is prodigious.

Tonight, a guy was sneaking around our backyard trying to look inside our bedroom windows (blinds were shut). Dog went crazy barking. Called the police. Must have gotten scared off. Made for an interesting night. Wanted to chase down the *fruitcage* having been burglarized once before while asleep at a different residence but family insisted on calling police and staying locked up inside the inside the house to await an attack. So here I am, up at 3 am, annoyed that there could be someone sneaking around outside preparing to do something stupid.

I could have told you not to use UPS, and so could a lot of people.

Although, frankly, I'm surprised they actually delivered the package - everything I've ever had shipped with UPS never arrived due to them not bothering to do their job properly and I had to go and get it myself. One time I even had to go all the way to the airport depot to sort the situation out with Customs because UPS were just causing trouble.

UPS just seem to hate airsofters. I cannot advise anyone against using them strongly enough.

I've had bad experiences with them in the past(non-airsoft related), but in my ignorance I thought it was just one time thing.

Moriquende - on first reading that mistake sounds funny but when one looks back and thinks about it, I can imagine how shocking that could be for them and how seeing a gun could be misconstrued :o

Hopefully they will understand to some degree. I bet the air will be frosty around your workplace for a few days though :(

Actually, my boss didn't care much and I don't see the rest people in the office much as I work in the warehouse(which is a separate building).

Still, it was an unpleasant experience and pretty much ruined my evening. Couldn't even enjoy my new gun as I was so ###### off.

Agreed.

As for my rant of the day:

Those 12yr olds who think it hilarious to sing constant irritating songs on COD4.

Though i suppose it has it's upside as when you find them camping, flashbang them and cut them and there team mates up they stop singing....................

.............and begin a torrent of abuse at you for kicking seven shades out of them.

<_<

'FireKnife'

^

One of the reasons why the PC verison is superior. ;)

One of the reasons why the PC verison is superior

True, but i find a controller and Xbox Live to be better than a PC and a keyboard / mouse. Less lag issues on the Xbox i find. Though it is easier to get a faster turn and aim speed on a PC setup.

It is always fun though, when someone sees you running around with a G3 and assumes they can beat you hands down, not knowing the fact you have an increidibly fast double tap speed and can easily match any Semi-auto sniper but without the scope issues.

Actually to add to the online gaming rant, those that play purely by camping and then whinge when they realise no-one is stupid enough to walk in front of them due to knowing they are there (through UAV etc). But then again as soon as i know i just actively seek them out, for fun.

'FireKnife'

Archived