My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

On the panic button note, it is an even more retarded idea because it lets you report suspected paedophiles.

Okay, now the one thing that springs immediately to mind is everytime someone gets facebook raped, they are going to end up reporting their own parents, or their boyfriend or their friends etc as paedophiles, the same with everytime people fall out or there is a nasty relationship breakup. This would happen so often it simply wouldn't work and I think this is why FB are avoiding it.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, kick them in the balls and leg it as fast as you can...

:D No, I've gone past that stage too. I just cross the road, like all the other good citizens. :rolleyes:

How when someone goes off to meet someone they met on the internet, that's considered "weird" - as opposed to metting someone you met on the train, or in a bar, or whatever...

Er, I thought that had gone full circle. My experience is that it's perfectly ok to do it via the net but if you spark up conversation, in a public place, with a stranger, you are now some sort of nutter.

Maybe it's just me? :o

Greg.

Maybe it's just me?

We all know you are a nutter.

;)

As for me i have had friends meet GFs / BFs on the net through dating sites and no issues, but it will always be used by disgusting people to do horrible things.

'FireKnife'

Yummy...

Heres a good one then;

Its my 27th brithday on friday ( yay me ), but Im REALLY not bothered about it/ celebrating it in the slightest. However, my older sister is insistant that we ( me, her, dad, maybe little sister if she isnt working ) go out and do something, like go to a restaurant or pub for a meal ( some pubs do really nice food obviously, and cheap-ish booze compared to a restaurant ). I however would rather just do nothing as I dont see 27 as being exciting at all, not like say 16/18/21/25/30/40/50 etc etc. Am I being selfish, or is it fair to say that other people shouldnt try and organize/ pester you into doing things you dont want to do- it is my birthday afterall, not someone else's and I should attend out of courtesy etc. Not exactly a rant, but it does erk me somewhat...

Yummy...

Heres a good one then;

Its my 27th brithday on friday ( yay me ), but Im REALLY not bothered about it/ celebrating it in the slightest. However, my older sister is insistant that we ( me, her, dad, maybe little sister if she isnt working ) go out and do something, like go to a restaurant or pub for a meal ( some pubs do really nice food obviously, and cheap-ish booze compared to a restaurant ). I however would rather just do nothing as I dont see 27 as being exciting at all, not like say 16/18/21/25/30/40/50 etc etc. Am I being selfish, or is it fair to say that other people shouldnt try and organize/ pester you into doing things you dont want to do- it is my birthday afterall, not someone else's and I should attend out of courtesy etc. Not exactly a rant, but it does erk me somewhat...

I'm not a big birthday person but christ, unless you have something better to do that night, might aswell go eat some free food.

The way I see it its your birthday and your family is required to attempt to make it good for regardless of your actual desires. They have three strikes, after the third failed attempt, you can tell them to screw off and go do your own thing.

My rant for today is cell phone providers. How the bloody hell do they expect you to pay a friggin $99 a month for unlimited when you can go to bloody BOOST MOBILE and pay $50 for unlimited everything, but these idiots want you to sign a 2 year contract to boot. I understand the whole capitalism bit, but thats STUPIDITY! Sure, the phones may be a bit newer, but the majority of them are MORE PRONE TO FAILURE! I want to give this company my money, but I can't bloody well justify the extra $50/month.

The way I see it its your birthday and your family is required to attempt to make it good for regardless of your actual desires. They have three strikes, after the third failed attempt, you can tell them to screw off and go do your own thing.

I read this and thought "This guy has got to be under 20".

Yeah, all most women are bitches from what I've observed- stab you in the back as soon as they decide they dont want you as a friend anymore, and happily slag off their other friends behind their backs, then make out its no big deal/ not true to their faces. Wasted 7 years of my life being friends with one girl, could have been hanging around with much nicer/ less self-centered people all that time and actually got somewhere for my efforts ( someone mentioned prefering the company of women to the company of guys recenty; Im very much the same- girls can be much more interesting to talk to/ listen to, not just interested in sh*gging birds and talking about footy ( I hate footy )). Long live being single, having money and not feeling like a slave in having to justify your actions to someone whos ment to be your equal.

I am going to go out and celebrate my birthday I've decided- pub grub & booze ftw :D

###### cleaners who only move stuff around do my head in. I have just removed 2 massive bins of *suitcase* he has spent the last few months relocating around our villa because my villamate is a lazy *suitcase* and thinks we need the cleaner.

Gah! Just been on the phone for TWELVE MINUTES trying to get a return label for a mis-sent appliance part. The guy on the other end was a yardie and I could hardly understand what he was saying!

You should have politely taken his name & requested another assistant. No point in 'annoying' the poor chap with a 'reason'. He probably thinks we all speak funny too. ;)

I think we can all fall for the racist card but the fact is, it ain't racist to fail to communicate due to language or accent barriers.

In the past, as an employer, I used to tell the agencies not to send people I couldn't understand. One once got the hump & tried to have me for racism. I explained that I didn't care where the staff came from, as long as we could communicate & do a good job. She decided to take it further & made a complete fool of herself in court, when all 112 of my staff signed an affidavit testifying that I was the least racist person they knew. Only 2 of them were white English & I hadn't recruited them. I had however been responsible for taking on over 30, of which none were white English, but all could communicate in English & all were very good workers. :rolleyes:

I only found out on the day that she herself was 'non-white' & thought I'd been making my comments as a personal slur. I had absolutely no idea & couldn't have cared less. Any way, it got thrown out. She cost her agency thousands in court fees & lost any future business.

The communication thing really gets me. I don't mind farming telesales out to India, to save a few quid. It's the way of the world. Folk want cheap, they get cheap. My problem isn't with India or Indians. But it *fruitcage*s me off when I can't understand a word! Happened today when I rang Vodafone. A very helpful lad answered & eventually sorted my problem. But I have to tell ya, I have no idea what he said for at least half of the call. :rolleyes:

The result was the same but I reckon it would have been done in half the time, if we understood each other. It was comical, he'd say something, I'd say sorry, pardon, he'd say something else, etc. He was obviously having as much trouble as I was.

Poor chap, he should have stayed in Belfast! :D (That was meant as a joke. ;) )

Forget the Indians...Firstbus head office call centre is in Aberdeen...

My biggest issue with overseas call centres is "Hello my name is Simon"...no...its not. I know you're from another country, use your own real name damnit! If you're lying to me over something that simple, what else are you being dishonest about?

Forget the Indians...Firstbus head office call centre is in Aberdeen...

My biggest issue with overseas call centres is "Hello my name is Simon"...no...its not. I know you're from another country, use your own real name damnit! If you're lying to me over something that simple, what else are you being dishonest about?

What if his name really is Simon! :P

Archived