My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Royal Fail.

They deliver a parcel when Im out at work. No problem. I also understand that they start a lot earlier in the morning than I would like to, so I dont care if they sod off at 1430.

But when I ask them by website to reattempt delivery on FRIDAY 16th, why do they try on the 15th? Its not a big hassle, but why can they not work to their own rules?

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But when I ask them by website to reattempt delivery on FRIDAY 16th, why do they try on the 15th?

Probably because they were passing by & had the item on them. Thought it was worth a try & if it worked, would save them doing it tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,,, when they might not be passing by.

The time to complain, is if they don't do it tomorrow! ;)

Royal Fail.

They deliver a parcel when Im out at work. No problem. I also understand that they start a lot earlier in the morning than I would like to, so I dont care if they sod off at 1430.

But when I ask them by website to reattempt delivery on FRIDAY 16th, why do they try on the 15th? Its not a big hassle, but why can they not work to their own rules?

Ooh! Ooh! I know the answer to this one...

It depends when you filled the internet request in.

Unlike companies who use the internet for customer contact the Royal Mail only have one computer.

It is in Sheffield.

When you request a redelivery by computer a person in Sheffield gets a notification, they print off a sheet of paper with your name, address and the tracking number and the original failed delivery date and post it to your delivery office.

No *suitcase*.

They actually print the e-mail out and post it.

Anyway, if you look at the terms and conditions of the redelivery craplet on the web it states that you shouldn't pick a date closer than 3 days from the date on which you make the request.

I know it is retarded but that's how they work.

Now that is truelly awesome/ shameful, of all the people.... LOL

Rant: broken fillings.

Doing a refit at work, new fridges & shelving etc ( yay fun, not ). Munching on a packet of midget gems and a feel something hard & metalic in my mouth; *badger*s. Spit lump of gummy sweets onto paper towel and fish out .177 bb sized lump of filling, snapped off along the bottom edge from the main bulk of the filling. Got a nice big hole in my 3rd lower right molar now. Trouble is Im not on the NHS register for dentists as theres only one in town & they are never taking on new patients, plus its a bit minging anyway by all accounts. Private dentist is way too much ££, so I jumped onto the good old internet and started searching.

I now have a filling repair kit & some dentists tools headed my way, and not a cheap nasty temporary kit either, no sir, did alot of reading and got a good kit that should last at least a few years. Im not bothered about having a perfect white smile with perfect straight teeth ( my front 2 uppers are twisted inwards somewhat anyway ) so I look forward to a bit of DIY dentistry. :D

I once had dental student remove a wisdom tooth.

The problem was that he wasn't strong enough to pull the thing out.

In the end we sorted it by getting him to put the pliers on the tooth correctly and then I pulled it out myself.

I didn't have to pay...

What country as this in?

Can't be the UK, as you won't pay for being a guinea pig at a dental school, and if that happened at Dental School, the demonstrators would have hung me!

Trigger, what material did you buy? I'd like to point out that if the tooth/filling did crumble, it pretty likely there is decay going on in there and just patching it is unlikely to stop it continuing. Get along to a dentist and have it sorted properly, before it causes you any pain.

I need to make a dentist appointment on monday.

Got one needs re-filling, turns out the dentist that did it the first time didn't do it properly. (I had an emergency extraction a few weeks ago, and the nice man with the pliers told me it wasn't even a permanant filling so no wonder it was sensitive to temperature.)

Need to make an optician appointment too. Essential close up stuff like using computers, reading, and VSR maintenance is starting to be real effort to focus on.

Will be even more benefit when I start college if I can actually write with out my eyes feeling like they're burning.

@ harmless, this is what I bought: clicky

Im not 100% convinced its 'permanent', but at worst it'll need re-doing after a month- gives me time to get on a dentist's books a bit further a field if needs be. It wasnt the wholoe filling that fell out though, just a section near the top that snapped off when chewing on sticky sweets ( go figure- no more sweets for me, need to go on a diet anyway )- the rest of the filling is firmly in place. Looking at the broke piece it just looks like it sheered off, left a nice clean edge along the bottom that seems to have been a bit narrow to begin with. I'll get it osrted properly eventually, but I'll live with some DIY work for the time being- means Im now a dentist, electrician & washing machine repair man.... :D

The material is semi-permanent. Probably what I would use a as a temporary as its better the run of the mill temp filling materials. Only problem is that it sets very hard and can be a real problem if left too high, so make sure you keep it low.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind; I might even post pics afterwards :P

Funny thing though, when I had this filling done originally ( atleast 10-15 years ago ) the lady dentist did leave a rough edge on the inside that I could feel with the tip of my tongue... I shall endevour to be more careful & keep it smooth ( got some proper little tools with small round-ball tips & a fine metal spatular for smoothing things off. I also have a dremel... :fear:

It's like, quarter to eleven, and already I've had 3 door-to-door callers.

As is to be expected in election season, a couple of political canvassers. But one of them was bloody god-botherers.

Do they honestly think they'll knock on the door, say something about Jesus, and I'll suddenly think "Oh my, so thats the un-named feeling I've had all these years, praise the lord" or whatever...

Sod off will you, I'm doing my housework.

Moto Guzzi. They like to keep you busy.

So the Griso is still off road waiting for a speedo sensor.

I made my lovely rear light bracket for the Cali so I could fit a set of original tail lights. This then allows me to fit the reinforce crossbar for the pannier racks...

Then I notice a crank case cover leaking.

Admittedly, I do ride her hard, yesterday I was between 2 R1s on my way back from SWAT Airsoft (they were'nt with me, I just happened to be between them) and decking the exhausts on roundabouts. But... GAH. I dont need another fix to do!

Archived