My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would KFC going Halal affect the gravy and greasiness of the Chicken? It's essentially just a different method of killing an animal. I guess it could be an issue with whomever is supplying the meat? Have you thought about complaining about the food quality.

That said KFC is bloody horrid. :P

According to the leaflet on the counter, there were requests to offer a Halal option. Personally I think if you want something changed for you, then its not really that product you want.

Although if you do request a change and the business is happy to do so then that's the choice of the business surely? Responding to customer demand is generally considered prudent.

Yeah, I know it was KFC's call. I have emailed in a complaint about the food quality. I couldn't care less about if it were Halal or not, but whoever is now supplying them, isn't up to thier usual standards.

My local KFC has gone Halal.

The gravy now tastes totally rank,

the original recipe chicken is greasier (yes, it can happen)

and the hot wings are now kinda dry and powdery.

According to the leaflet on the counter, there were requests to offer a Halal option. Personally I think if you want something changed for you, then its not really that product you want.

Halal is pretty strong driver in certain areas of the country, noticeable % upswing in sales .. in the weakest stores. That said, they were only put in place when there was a non-halal store within a mile or two. Don't see why halal would change the chicken (it was already mostly halal and sourced from Thailand)

Only thing that I am aware would have changed really would be dropping any pig related product. KFC has two ways of making gravy, first is just granule gravy, nothing special at all, 2nd is granule gravy with the bits that fall off the chicken whilst it's frying added, tastes very good but since I found out how it was made I've never eaten it again.

If the hotwings are different it's more likely that the store is now doing in-store prepared hotwings, which .. apparently people actually prefer as opposed to the hotwings being breaded at a factory and shipped to store frozen ready to be fried.

Don't complain, they could have gone kosher .. you'd hate that ;) (no mayo with your burger for a start).

You might find differences in some of the ingredients contribute to the overall change in taste/feel of the chicken and other products, and not just the meat itself.

For it to be truly Halal, they'd have to make sure all the base ingredients were Halal-compliant, and some inevitably won't be - thus a slight change. For example, the oil in the deep fat fryers, or the coating for the chicken, or whatever.

Ben.

No mayo?

Fine.

Just make sure theres some kinda hot sauce as a substitute.

And the gravy, instead of being the usual mid-brown coloured pot of steaming win, was all stodgy, dark brown and didn't taste like proper chicken gravy.

Anyway, new rant.

A guy that I've been friends with for about a year and a half, has been really pissing me off. He saps all my originality and its really driven me to the brink.

• First off, when he starts playing airsoft with us, he says he's only coming to the woodland site I play at cause a few of the people from our circle of friends play there, he apparently prefers CQB - Not a problem.

• Then, because I have a VSR, he buys a VSR. He's hardly played with his M4, one game I think it was, but whatever.

• Then, when I got my Navy SEALS Stubby M4, and said I had plans to tastefully trick it up with a few Magpul bits, he goes out and buys a load of Magpul for his.

• Then I get some Claw Gear Stalker trousers, something a couple of us in the group (but not him) had been looking into for a while. I play one game in them, and suddenly he's got some on order.

• Then we go to Fire Support so he can take his pistol to get Tritium sights fitted, while we're there I pick up some black gas for my Mk23, on the drive home, he's talking about getting a NBB pistol so he can use black gas too. - WTF?

• Then, when he was round our place, I'm on the Crye website pricing up a full set of genuine Multicam gear for my girlfriend, I spot their "Major League Infidel" cap, as I'm adding it to the cart, I say how I'd get myself that so I have some Genuine Crye too since I really liked it, it'd suit my loadout, and I don't like Multicam, and today, he has one that he ordered on the sly.

• Non-airsoft related, I got a mohawk, so he did.
  • I dyed my mohawk blue, so he did.

So yeah, am pretty annoyed.

Edit: Just fancied trying out the new features, didn't mean it to look like a manifesto or anything.

Isn't halal the one where they hang up the animal alive, cut it's throat and let it bleed to death in agonised fear and suffering, for no better reason than that someone wrote in a "holy book" that it should be done that way?

And people wonder why I consider religion to be a bad thing. <_<

In other news - why is there such a fuss? In Surah 5:5 of the Holy Qur'an it is written: "The food of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] is lawful for you as your food is lawful for them." - which would seem to imply whatever's okay for Christians and Jews should be fine for Muslims.

Anyway, new rant.

A guy that I've been friends with for about a year and a half, has been really pissing me off. He saps all my originality and its really driven me to the brink.

• First off, when he starts playing airsoft with us, he says he's only coming to the woodland site I play at cause a few of the people from our circle of friends play there, he apparently prefers CQB - Not a problem.

• Then, because I have a VSR, he buys a VSR. He's hardly played with his M4, one game I think it was, but whatever.

• Then, when I got my Navy SEALS Stubby M4, and said I had plans to tastefully trick it up with a few Magpul bits, he goes out and buys a load of Magpul for his.

• Then I get some Claw Gear Stalker trousers, something a couple of us in the group (but not him) had been looking into for a while. I play one game in them, and suddenly he's got some on order.

• Then we go to Fire Support so he can take his pistol to get Tritium sights fitted, while we're there I pick up some black gas for my Mk23, on the drive home, he's talking about getting a NBB pistol so he can use black gas too. - WTF?

• Then, when he was round our place, I'm on the Crye website pricing up a full set of genuine Multicam gear for my girlfriend, I spot their "Major League Infidel" cap, as I'm adding it to the cart, I say how I'd get myself that so I have some Genuine Crye too since I really liked it, it'd suit my loadout, and I don't like Multicam, and today, he has one that he ordered on the sly.

• Non-airsoft related, I got a mohawk, so he did.
  • I dyed my mohawk blue, so he did.

So yeah, am pretty annoyed.

Edit: Just fancied trying out the new features, didn't mean it to look like a manifesto or anything.

He's in love with you. Book the registrars :P

Damn, theres a guy like that at work ( in the kitchen galley next door )- if you buy something, he has to buy it too, even if he doesnt actually use it hardly ever- he is a bit soft in the head though which might explain alot....

I would call his bluff; say you're going to order something horribly expensive or pointless, let him think you've ordered it so that he copies you again ( assuming he will ), thn once he gets it and shows it off, just casually say 'oh, I changed my mind - its too expensive/ pointless/ bad reviews etc etc & see what his reaction is. If he kicks off & tries to blame you for his rash purchasing habbits, point out that he has been copying everything you do & that you'd liek some sort of explanation ( maybe do it quietly face to face, just in case he does have some sort of crazy bro-mance thing going on & is too embarrased to be open about it ).

No mayo?Anyway, new rant.

Maybe you can convince him to get one of these, one of these, or even better, one of these...

I have an even better idea.

Scorch starts a thread entitled "Get my mate to buy stupid stuff" and we all make suggestions for the dumbest thing we can possibly find.

Scorch wins forum cookies for every item he manages to get his buddy to buy and, after a couple of months, he can show his buddy the thread.

That should cure him. :D

I'd like to open the bidding by suggesting one of those Chey-tac sniper rifles or, possibly, an Academy L85.

I like your plan, Stealth.

Although I don't think my suggestions were stupid as such, just really, really expensive. I'd love to have one of those GPMGs, if only I could afford it....

I couldn't find the tripod-mounted limited-edition 30-cal MG on the website, or I'd have linked to that. I guess they're out of stock.

Scorch, did you want blue hair? Or was it, just, to prove a point?

Yes, I wanted blue hair. It was an awesome blue mohawk with the sides shaved in chequerboard. Not everyones cup of tea, but you'd be surprised how often I'd pull on a night out. Unfortunately for him, the same doesn't apply when the hairstyle is on an immature fat guy who insists on wearing shorts halfway off his *albartroth*.

Maybe you can convince him to get one of these, one of these, or even better, one of these...

He actually does want a minigun. :mellow:

The best way would be to convince him you're taking up a new hobby that's both expensive and ridiculous.

Go to WH Smith's and buy some magazines, then take them in and show him/read them in the staff room.

Talk about it often, and then finally say you've ordered something to try it out.

Ben.

Archived