My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peep Show?

Ben.

Nup.

I forget what actually happened but at some event that involved Anglo-German cooperation Damon Hill famously made a comment about how "we're all germans cos the Queen is", at which point everybody within earshot probably rolled their eyes or face-palmed. :D

Okay, new direction:

Todays rant: OMFG killer urban fox histeria!

Seems to be on the front of half today's papers, but it strikes me as being a load of *badger*s. If you live in an area where you KNOW there are urban foxes ( you can hear them from quite some distance away & often see them too at night ), dont leave food out for them ( as they will associate your garden/ house with din-dins ) & dont leave your back door wide open 'due to the heat'( foxes would be the least of your worries these days )- its just as hot outside as it is inside since theres little to no breeze; christ, in an £800k house you'd think they'd have airconditioning.. Its rather unusal for a fox to sneak into the house and attack sleeping babies, but its no different to wild bears or raccoons wondering into your home looking for food ( in America ). Now we're just gonna end up with the poncy twats in red on horse back saying how the government shoudlnt have banned fox hunting. Typical media hysteria...

There's at least one fox in my local area - I've seen one a couple of times, I assume it's the same one. I consider it to be a good thing.

Then again, I don't invite the little guy into my living room for a snack, either... <_<

If they would have been robbed (Leaving the back door, patio door open), they wouldn't have been able to have claimed insurance, as the property was not secure. I can't help but feel so sorry for the babies, but very angry at the parent(s) for leaving thier back door open over night and going to bed.

I thank you.

Though, isn't that a bit sardonic of you to say "no offence", or maybe that's my poor use of the english language kicking in.

Edit:-

The parents where up at the time watching tv. (That's what I would have put, if hedge hadn't posted so quickly. Damn those fast moving fingers.).

I wasn't being sarcastic, I genuinely didn't mean to offend you. Think of it more of a good natured ribbing...

To be honest, though, it wasn't really an incredible misuse. I've seen worse. Which is the problem, really....

One of the reasons I don't regret leaving teaching.

Not a problem, rib all the way...............

A new gripe. Clicked on a link that said "Police confirm gunman car chase", when in fact it was just a transit van following a taxi, hardly a car chase at all! Go to the BBC website, should still be at the very top (Its with regards to the new information released pretaining to police having followed the gunman for a while, before he pulled his rifle/shot gun on them).

I'm sick of hearing about it, tbh. He's not a serial killer, he was just pushed a bit too far.

Am I right in saying he got screwed over the tax on someones will?

If that's the case, it's HMRC people should be flaming... Certainly not gun owners!

Ben.

with regards to the whole mutant killer fox thing, doesn't anyone else find it a bit fishy? personally i think its far more likely the kids got bitten/attacked by a dog than a fox, and the parents are just saying it was a fox in order to keep their/a friends dog alive.

With regards to the fox that was caught and 'humanely' put down on their property, how was it proved that that was the fox that attacked the kids?

dont get me wrong, i'm not advocating 'innocent until proven guilty' for animals, but even i can see the logic in making sure you're killing the *right* fox, and not leaving the mutant killer communist terrorist baby eating mad gunman fox running around...

with regards to the whole mutant killer fox thing, doesn't anyone else find it a bit fishy? personally i think its far more likely the kids got bitten/attacked by a dog than a fox, and the parents are just saying it was a fox in order to keep their/a friends dog alive.

With regards to the fox that was caught and 'humanely' put down on their property, how was it proved that that was the fox that attacked the kids?

dont get me wrong, i'm not advocating 'innocent until proven guilty' for animals, but even i can see the logic in making sure you're killing the *right* fox, and not leaving the mutant killer communist terrorist baby eating mad gunman fox running around...

Didn't you see Jaws? :D

You know people don't react to stuff like this in a logical way.

He's not a serial killer, he's a mass murderer.

Hitler was a mass murderer. Stalin was a mass murderer. Pol Pot, Hussein, the list goes on.

Some fruit loop who kills a handful of people in a sleep village most people had never heard of before being put in the same category as the above somehow seems to cheapen the term, to somehow say there's no difference between having an entire village gassed to test your new chemical weapons, dedicating an entire nation's resources to the systematic collection and extermination of "undesirables" and going a bit nuts with a shotgun.

Frankly, I find it a bit disgusting.

He's a murderer, plain and simple. It sickens me too, that if a person murders more than one, he some how gains celebrity status in the media.

Edit:- I have taken out "kill" to ensure there is no confusion. Well, except for the usual confusion caused by my poor literacy skills (Fact. Poor literacy skills. Hence why I have not become a writer, I'd confusion people to death).

Mass murderer, spree killer, or whatever is all just a matter of semantics.

For example, according to wiki the FBI consider a mass murder anything with more than four people killed without a cool off period in between.

Last time I checked, the FBI don't work in the UK, so I don't give a toss what they consider a mass murder to be.

I think I made myself clear before. I consider it disrespectful to put such amateur loonies in the same category with true masterpieces of murderous insanity.

So one of them needs a new classification.

Moderate murderer- not quite mass, but more than a few... :unsure:

Anyway, his actual apparent motive was that he had dodged income tax for nearly 20 years whilst working as a cabbie ( self employed I'd guess, makes sense ), and then when the IRS finally caught up with him, he was landed with a £100k bill. He was hoping that his mothers will woudl be able to help cover most or all of that debt, but he found out that his twin brother ( the one he killed ) was the main beneficiary. Hence, he flipped his lid & decided to kill his brother, the solicitor incharge of the will, the solicitors wife ( ouch... ), and a couple former work collegues ( cabbies ). Then he went for a nice afternoon drive and gunned down a few other random victims before shooting himself- several others were also injured but not killed thankfully.

So yeah, blame the IRS & blame his mother. And him. But not guns.

Archived