My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Past few months? I've always been a twat! Wouldn't describe myself as arrogant as I by and large hate myself but there you go!

I can understand working in an enclosed atmosphere, but its not like people smoke on the bus, and I don't see anything particualry wrong with someone having a fag as they wait for one - breathing smoke in peoples faces is gash though smoker or none smoker!

I don't see anything particualry wrong with someone having a fag as they wait for one

That's not actually what Guzzi said, you're not allowed to smoke while on a bus, that's a fact, so if people are smoking when the bus arrives they are holding the bus up as they cannot get on while smoking. If they continue to smoke, the bus will become late. If Guzzi were to open the doors while someone was smoking that may indicate to them that it is ok to enter the bus as they are. I hate cigarette smoke, I dislike people that smoke. When people are smoking next to me while I'm waiting for the bus, or at any time, I will make a point of moving away/up wind from/of them. It is that disgusting.

You dislike people that smoke? I can understand not liking smoking, but if a freind started to smoke would you like, unfreind them?

All my friends feel the same way about smokers, if someone was to start though I wouldn't "unfriend" them but I'd make it clear that I didn't want them doing it around me.

The worst thing is when you buy something second hand and you get it home or it arrives in the post, you open the box and stale cigarette smell suddenly floods out...

God yeah.

Oddly... I have less issue with cigar or pipe smokers. They dont have the same acrid stench of cigarettes. Some cigars actually smell quite nice :o They certainly dont gag you like cigarettes do.

Mind you, my dad always taught me growing up that cigarettes are for women, cigars and pipes are for men. He would consider men smoking cigarettes as less than true men...!

Thats fair enough really, I wouldn't smoke in someones house unless they where ok with me smoking, and when I do smoke around people (outside) I'll walk to the otherside of the garden or whatever. I think its do with courtersey and respect (or lack thereof) then smoking as an activity. Its kinda like farting, I wouldn't do it next to a big group of people and I wouldn't do one in your bedroom ;)

I was watching muse at glasto over the weekend (on the tv). the bassist smoked a pipe while on stage, was very epic.

I could get into pipe smoking, i think. Not that i want to, but it seems like a very enjoyable past time.

irritation today: work experience. we've got two utter brain-deads in our workshop atm. they've got no clue on what to do, so they just get in the way and slow the technicians up. thank god they're not with me in parts!

Mmmm yeah, I was thinking of getting started in some kind of hobby that would definitely give me serious diseases and would likely cause my death.

I thought that instead I might fly to South Africa and start bare-backing prostitutes.

Seriously, I can't comprehend the thought process that leads to starting smoking:

Hmmm, I think humans live too long and are lacking a mechanism whereby they can make themselves and all their possessions smell bad.

Then I think about how many people do it.

What the hell?

The one that does it for me is this:

Half of people who smoke, die because they smoke.

I drive like a *rickroll* but although it is risky behavior the chances of me dying because of it are vanishingly small.

I just don't see the up side to smoking other than looking cool and nowadays that is just ridiculous.

To be peer pressurised into smoking is madness on the scale of organised religion.

Hey buddy, why don't you shoot yourself in the face like all the cool kids, no? Everybody is doing it.

OK *bang*

It's like Confidence trying to convince Lister that he can breathe in space.

The thing is - I honestly don't mind people smoking. I really don't. It's their choice, presumably they know the risks (hell, they print them on every pack now)

What I do mind is that it doesn't just affect them, it affects everone else around them too. And it's not their choice.

True, which is why I don't smoke around non-smokers. Other than that I appreciate that it will affect my family if I drop down dead as a result of my smoking (they'll be better off financially for a start). I do intend to quit soon, actually might do so tomorrow. I've done it before so I know I can do it. Ok I started again, but that was my choice (admittedly while under stress). It DOES help me cope with things, but I can always find something else.

I can't justify smoking, but I do enjoy it. Weird I know, but then again I am.

Archived