My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Mate, without meaning to sound the drama queen, if it is even slightly serious bite, you might need to consider going see a doctor because many dog bites carry serious bacteria and it may likely require professional cleaning and/or antibiotics.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love dogs but last time one bit me I killed it.

Broke my heart, it was when I was a postie, the dog got a hold of my leg and I instinctively stamped on it with the other foot.

I later found that it died from the injuries.

I was really upset until I found that the owner had started legal proceedings.

I haven't been able to talk about it until now but I have been cleared of any wrongdoings.

I seriously hope someone took a picture of you punching the rabid boxer dog.

Sadly not, although weirdly enough a guy I airsoft with passed on his motorbike immediately afterwards!

It was more a reflex thing, my parents always said never to get between two dogs fighting so it was between choking it, which I couldnt get round his moronic *badgeress* of an owner to actually do, or punching it in the side of the head. It then decided to bite me instead. I have to say if the owners kids hadn't been there I;m not sure what I would have done to it, I was bloody furious.

Would it be too much to hope that you actually got the owner's details? Improper control of a "dangerous dog" is a crime, and you certainly shouldn't be paying any bills that come from the incident. I hope you can get some justice here.

I thought a dog had to be put down if it attacked another dog (In public and caused serious harm to the dog it attacked)? Going away now to try and find out, if it's true.

Edit:- Just watched "Armored" and it is a maon of the day. It is a big steaming pile of ######. No one liners, hardly anything interesting happens. It try's to be clever, but just comes off as being a lazy attempt to try and make, a hiest movie that goes wrong.

The management at my job. Don't get me wrong, I really like my job and most of the people I work with (honestly most of the managers are decent people too) but seriously the whole place is (barely) run in the least efficient, most time and resource-wasting *albatross*-backwards way possible.

Basically what's really got me going is that me and my colleague both had to spend 3 1/2 hours hauling small, freshly dug shrubs into the back where they are supposedly to be replanted. First off, I work at a resort with a small 9 hole golf course. I recently left the regular maintenance position to work on the golf course (it's just a better job) so all I really should be doing is work on the course, but whatever. Lately everyone in the maintenance and housekeeping departments have been busting their butts because some big-wigs that are in charge of the eastern seaboard are spending a couple of days there for a meeting. This may seem justifiable, but what I've come to notice is that nothing that should be done ever gets done unless some one important is going to see it. It's *fruitcage* retarded. We have parking lots that are falling apart, a lobby and lodge that look like something out of Scarface, dilapidated rooms, and on a good day, barely functioning equipment. So in the past week, because we have to make it look better than it is, we had about 9 different independent contractors come in and about 25 people from a neighboring resort. Some stuff I can understand just can't be done in-house. Most of it however, can, and should have been.

What really ###### me off today is that rather than get work done in my department, I was was to help out in maintenance. Whatever, I get paid the same either way. But, at first I was told that I was to power wash sidewalks (a waste of time, IMO, most of the stuff is stained and they'll just get dirty again anyway), but when I showed up I was then told that I was going to be putting stone around trees (not as easy, but probably a better idea) because they had a private contractor do the sidewalks. About halfway into prepping for the stone, I was then told that I had to haul the shrubs. Whatever again. The problem is that these shrubs were just trimmed yesterday by another contractor and are now being replaced by another IC for what would seem to be no good reason at all. Out of the probably 560 other better things tho do with our money and time, we spent probably $20,000 on replacing 90 absolutely adequate shrubs because it has to look nice for when the execs come. Ludicrous.

Also, as a separate issue. I really hate being at least somewhat intelligent and very over-analytical. I'm caught between what feels right, what should be, and what makes sense. It wouldn't be a problem if I could stop the constant bickering of the voices in my head that are my thoughts, but I can't no matter how hard I try and it makes me feel sick.

I hate horses.

I hate the fact they are allowed to *suitcase* everywhere and get away with it. Recently I've been cycling and walking in the country a lot (everyday for the last week) and on every bloody path at some point there is a lovely pile of *suitcase*. And they're never small piles either, *fruitcage* mountains of *suitcase* across the goddam paths.

If dog owners get fined for letting their dogs foul public places, why are horses allowed to?

They are not used for transport anymore so why should they be treated differently?

All they are is spoilt little girl's (generally girls) playthings.

The best thing about horses is how they taste. I've had steak au cheval (horse steak/burgers) many times in france and its goood.

@chris north: I hate the whole idea that if a big wig is coming to visit that everything has to be made to look perfect even if it isnt, why not show em how it is so they can realise they need to get some extra help there. when i worked for a DIY store some regional boss was coming for a meeting and we had to tidy the front half of the store he would walk through which was pointless cause it was messy a day later thanks to customers....

Which I will be setting on fire, sending back to the bailiffs with a note telling them to go and get *fruitcage*ed.

That's the spirit. :D

I love dogs but last time one bit me I killed it.

Broke my heart, it was when I was a postie, the dog got a hold of my leg and I instinctively stamped on it with the other foot.

I totally understand your emotional upset.

I love all animals but always treat aggressive dogs with absolutely no remorse.

I used to be all nicy nicy with dogs until, as a teenager, an unleaded Alsatian had me off my bicycle. I broke my elbow & had stitches in my leg. The bike had to go in the bin. It was completely unprovoked, I was riding along minding my own business & never even saw the dog coming. The owner didn't try to help & never even said sorry. Up until that moment, I used to think that the dog wasn't to blame & it was down to the owner. But that incident reversed my feelings. Owners either care more about their dog than the damage it does, or they don't care at all. So, now I give any dog a chance but if it is even slightly aggressive, it gets put well & truly in it's place. I took K9 defense courses in the States & tbh even well trained attack dogs don't stand a chance if you know how to handle them. Dogs of all kind sort of understand this, even if the owners don't.

Never be afraid to defend yourself against a dog attack, even with the use of deadly force. Any domestic dog, attacking a human being deserves to receive capital retaliation, no matter what the circumstances. If owners don't like this, they should have kept their animal under control. Where we all agree they should be.

I hate horses.

I hate the fact they are allowed to *suitcase* everywhere and get away with it. Recently I've been cycling and walking in the country a lot (everyday for the last week) and on every bloody path at some point there is a lovely pile of *suitcase*. And they're never small piles either, *fruitcage* mountains of *suitcase* across the goddam paths.

If dog owners get fined for letting their dogs foul public places, why are horses allowed to?

They are not used for transport anymore so why should they be treated differently?

All they are is spoilt little girl's (generally girls) playthings.

The best thing about horses is how they taste. I've had steak au cheval (horse steak/burgers) many times in france and its goood.

I understand & agree that horse burgers are highly under rated. ;)

A few years back I was cycling along a public bridal way & approached a pair of ridden horses, form the rear. Without slowing down, I rode past them & one of the riders condescendingly shouted that I should have given warning before passing. I rather sarcastically thanked them for the tip.

On my return, low & behold, they were ahead of me again, traveling back the way we had come. So, having been put well & truly in my place, I slowed to the same pace as the horses & at about 10m, rang my bell (just a normal cycle bell). Both horses jumped. The one carrying the person that gave me this wonderful piece of advice, bucked, threw her off, jumped a barbed wire fence & galloped off into the distance. :huh:

Unremorsefully, I asked the 'on *albartroth* spoiled little girl' if that was enough warning? As I cycled, merrily on my way......................

Greg.

I'm just crazy but sometimes when I see horses on the road I slow my car down cause I wouldn't want the risk of being partly responsible for paralysing someone.

Couldn't agree more. On a public highway, in a car, I almost come to a standstill.

I'd hate to be responsible for injuring such a noble beast, or having one write my car off.

No matter how inconvenient or stuck up the rider may be. :o

It's a bit different on a bicycle. ;)

Greg.

I hate horse riders, not horses.

Horses are beautiful, noble animals, with a rich history, and up until a hundred years or so ago, were one of the most useful animals on the planet.

Most horse riders are fat, dumpy women who enjoy getting dressed up in all the gear and trotting round on a horse.

Fair enough, do whatever you like in the privacy of your own home, etc.

However, these people seem to be retards with no idea how to plan a riding route so it doesn't intersect with a main road.

Often, where I live, you see them waiting at junctions to pull out round roundabouts and onto main roads.

Is it necessary? Why do you need to slow everyone else down? Horses are meant to go on grass, anyway. Take the surrounding fields instead.

Them and cyclists are the bane of my driving existence.

Ben.

I used to be all nicy nicy with dogs until, as a teenager, an unleaded Alsatian had me off my bicycle. I broke my elbow & had stitches in my leg. The bike had to go in the bin. It was completely unprovoked,

No, not unprovoked, you just don't know what the provocation was. The fact that it was not intentional also goes a long way to your thinking, but more on this later. Most dogs like to chase things, it's a genetic imperitive. I don't know why, but they do. Both the dogs I've had are the same - ball, frisbee, me, whatever. Out of interest, how did the Alsatian take you off the bike? knock you off or bite and drag? After you were off the bike, did the dog do anything else? If nothing else happened then there's a good chance that the dog just wanted to play. I kid you not. The other alternative is that you and the bike between you may have frightened the the dog, causing a fight or flight response, the dog going down the fight route for whatever reason. But both of these then follow on to the next point.

I was riding along minding my own business & never even saw the dog coming. The owner didn't try to help & never even said sorry. Up until that moment, I used to think that the dog wasn't to blame & it was down to the owner. But that incident reversed my feelings. Owners either care more about their dog than the damage it does, or they don't care at all. So, now I give any dog a chance but if it is even slightly aggressive, it gets put well & truly in it's place. I took K9 defense courses in the States & tbh even well trained attack dogs don't stand a chance if you know how to handle them. Dogs of all kind sort of understand this, even if the owners don't.

Nothing you've posted there gives a logical reason for you to change your mind. The owner was, or at least by the way you've written this, the main problem. 1 - dog not under control 2 - total lack of curtosey. At the very least a "I'm sorry, are you OK"? I think I'm on pretty safe ground in guessing that they didn't discipline the dog in any way shape or form did they? The problem is the owner. For many dog owners, they're just furry kids, but at the same time, they won't treat them like kids and try to teach them discipline or how to behave in public? Ye Gods, at the very least they should have given you insurance details.

My dogs have been insured, (my current one is insured), and third party claims like this are covered. Would I give a *suitcase* that my insurance company are going to buy you a new bike? Am I bothered in the slightest that they're going to have to cough up maybe another grand or two to compensate you for your injury? No - that's one of the things I pay them for, and if me trying to help you puts them in a harder position - TOUGH. You get helped, they get the bill.

If you have a problem with the way a dog behaves and blame the dog, you're still looking at the wrong end of the lead.

Never be afraid to defend yourself against a dog attack, even with the use of deadly force. Any domestic dog, attacking a human being deserves to receive capital retaliation, no matter what the circumstances. If owners don't like this, they should have kept their animal under control. Where we all agree they should be.

This is just ranting, no animal deserves "capital retaliation, no matter what the circumstances". I can think of a few situations where the (in this argument), dog deserves quite the opposite. You threaten a dog, what do you expect? Attack a dogs owner, you think it'll stand by and do nothing? If you did the same to a person, what would happen?

In cases where there have been "unprovoked" attacks what you often find later once the media furore has died down is that the dogs were mistreated before hand, either by the owner or by a person/people that were in regular contact with it. Sometimes, as with you, the person attacked doesn't know what they've done to trigger the attack, but apart from the minority occasion, like people where the dog just has a head full of bad wiring, it's generally the owners that have put the dog into the position in the first plae, and it's the owners, not the dog that should carry the can.

In that, I agree with you, dog owners MUST keep their dogs under control in public, either by voice command, whistle or properly fitted lead and harness.

My current complaint: sellers who take ages to send something despite having the cleared funds for some time. Sure, valid reasons make a difference, but after a week?

Rant of the day:- Playstation 3. I hate the way I have music saved on it and it thinks I want each tracked slightly plended into the other. Example, I'm listening to nine inch nails "Deep" and the next track is Gorilla's "Dare", instead of one track finishing and then the next track starting, it over lays the end of one track with the begining of the next track. :waggle::angry:

Maybe I should just stick to the cd player. :blink:

I used to love seeing the difference between me (when I was fit) and other airsofters when I played at Electrowerks.

Running between the front (where the shoostings were happening) and the regen points at full speed constantly for three hours.

It makes a huge difference, fitness and aggression.

Archived