My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Thanks for the advice guys.

On topic: G&P M120 motors. I have one customer's here that fried a MOSFET. I replace the MOSFET, maybe it was just a freak accident, and it fries too. I suspect the M120 motor, being a high-speed motor, is pulling far too much current to turn over the spring in the mechbox, which is far too powerful for a compact high RoF weapon. Grr.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fish & chicken hmm? I do like me salmon :D I personally have also gone onto 1% fat milk (its nice!) and reducing my amount of sugar intake.

I'll try that. Especially as grilling also is quicker and saves electricity compared to oven cooking. But now I will have a problem that my freezer is too big... :D

Anyway, another issue to overweightness I think is microwaving. I didnt realise that it can increase calorific content of food over oven cooking :o Plus food actually tastes of something when its oven cooked, thats a bonus.

My take on the whole fat thing. If your a bit on the porky side and happy with yourself then fine. It's the morbidly obese who expect everyone else to bend over backwards to accomodate their weight related issues, or bang on about how they can't loose weight, while stuffing cakes and pie into their mouth. A great example of this I saw a few years ago when I worked in Asda I remember seeing a massively overweight couple (think Wayne and Waynetta slob) go through the till with a trolley full of crisps, chips and cakes etc. Basicly all the most unhealthy ###### you can think of. The wife then started having a go at the husband because he picked up a small bottle of regular coke, not diet. I really wanted to just start shouting "so that trolley full of high fat ###### won't affect your already large *albartroth* size but a little fizzy drink will? Or has the aspartamine in the low sugar drinks rotted your brain too?"

Maybe the woman wasn't thinking healthy, but that she prefers the taste of diet coke? Just something to consider when being a little bit ignorant and clossed minded towards the reason why people would buy diet coke, over regular coke. :P

Rant of the day, people who take thier dogs for a walk without a lead or even a dog collar on the dog (What else would it be used for, oh dear, that opens a can of worms). Today I had to ask a woman to come get her dog (The dog ran over to where I was, other side of the street), as my dog was ###### himself. She kept going on about how her dog is friendly and won't bite, but he didn't return when she called it and it was only when she walked over to where the dog was (Behind me), that it even listened to her. I had to point out that my dog was scared and could she just please take her dog away. <_<

Now I have to point out, that my dog did bark at the other dog. He is one of those annoying dogs, that barks at every dog he see's. Because of this I am very aware that other dogs will find this as a threat. As such, I always stop him dead when he barks and at times will pick him up and take him home, as I don't think its fair on the other people walking thier dog, to have to put up with my barking dog.

Edit:- My dog is a king charles spaniel and the other dog looked like an alsatian.

Hi Greg,

I think the bit I highlighted changes things significantly and in that situation, I think, as regretable as it would be, you'd have been justified if you'd had to do more than just kick it.

The attitude of the owner is horrifying for me, the utter inability to realise what had happened, or to even comprehend, I really hope they don't have kids.

The fact that you can come away from that and not be a dog hater is pretty damn impressive as well.

I've never been a dog hater. There are far too many, well behaved, loverble dogs out there for me to be that. :D

Simples.

These people are significantly more likely to develop heart disease or any other number of obesity related illnesses or injuries then skinny people and as such, cost me, that tax payer, money to treat their self inflicted illnesses.

I do hope you equally dislike fag smokers, who add to the tax burden with their cancers & bad drivers, who add to it by causing rti's & the people who decide to have signs made in about a thousand different languages & disabled folk, who need to have ramps put in on all public buildings & the idiots on the road, who can't be trusted to use a roundabout, costing us a fortune in traffic lights & Heroin addicts &, &,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

For me, there are just too many reasons to feel bad about paying taxes to single out fat folk. Who on the whole, are just as fun & useful to society as skinny folk. ;)

Greg.

or bang on about how they can't loose weight, while stuffing cakes and pie into their mouth.

I'm not anti-fatty, but have to admit, that is a very funny & true statement. :D

Rant of the day, people who take thier dogs for a walk without a lead or even a dog collar on the dog (What else would it be used for, oh dear, that opens a can of worms).

Does that include Black Labs? 'Cos lets face it, you just can't be, licked to death. Even your King Charles knows that. :D

Greg.

I do hope you equally dislike fag smokers, who add to the tax burden with their cancers

Yep

& bad drivers, who add to it by causing rti's

Of course, having dealt with some pretty horrific RTIs in my time that were due to bad, careless or stupid driving.

the people who decide to have signs made in about a thousand different languages

Not quite the same thing. You can choose not to eat so much cake. You can't help being Welsh.

& disabled folk, who need to have ramps put in on all public buildings

Again, most of them don't choose to be disabled.

the idiots on the road, who can't be trusted to use a roundabout, costing us a fortune in traffic lights

If you can't use a roundabout without lights, they shouldn't be passing their tests in the first place and this should be an issue brought up with the DVLA.

& Heroin addicts

Absolutely. Sometimes its not their fault and it's a shame. But I know of a few people that have gone on to become heroin and other drug addicts, and it was entirely their fault.

Firstgroup have a very silly recruitment system. I KNOW Newcastle Under Lyme depot needs drivers, but they havent advertised on their own website. So I have had to fill out a lengthy form to ask them to let me know when a job becomes available.

Oh, and online is the ONLY way to apply now.

No wonder theyre always short, noone can be arsed to fill out the forms!

Yep

Of course, having dealt with some pretty horrific RTIs in my time that were due to bad, careless or stupid driving.

Not quite the same thing. You can choose not to eat so much cake. You can't help being Welsh.

Again, most of them don't choose to be disabled.

If you can't use a roundabout without lights, they shouldn't be passing their tests in the first place and this should be an issue brought up with the DVLA.

Absolutely. Sometimes its not their fault and it's a shame. But I know of a few people that have gone on to become heroin and other drug addicts, and it was entirely their fault.

I like you. :D

Greg.

Mobility Scooters.

Now, I know that some people honestly do need them. The old women who live alone and are too frail to walk unassisted, and need to be able to do their shopping, get to the chemists etc. The disabled and infirm, who are given back their independence by being able to go about their lives, fantastic.

But.

Legally, you should NOT be driving them on pavements. They are in the same category as bicycles. If I get clipped in the ankles again, or get another pair of shoes ruined by an inconsiderate mobscoot driver, I will be setting fire to the *fruitcage* thing.

Also: Fat people should NOT be given mobility scooters. Why is the government encouraging them? Too fat to walk? HERE, HAVE A MOTORIZED ANKLESNAPPER! NOW YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO EXERT YOURSELF GETTING ALL THOSE PIES! If they are so very fat, to the point they cannot walk, leave them alone. Eventually, they'll lose enough weight to walk. Problem solved.

Also also: To all the obscenely fat people who ride mobility scooters on the pavement with no concern for pedestrians: *fruitcage* you so *fruitcage* much, you shower of *Ubarflock*. I hope you all die in a *fruitcage* pit full of *fruitcage* chainsaw rape.

Agreed

I dare'nt go into Castleford where I live between 11 and 3 due to the armada of mobility scooters and the 30 stone blobs driving them.

See them parked outside Greggs bakers and they get their kids/grandkids to go inside and fetch them a pasty.

Maybe the woman wasn't thinking healthy, but that she prefers the taste of diet coke? Just something to consider when being a little bit ignorant and clossed minded towards the reason why people would buy diet coke, over regular coke. :P

Should have been a little clearer, I can't remember exactly what she said but her rant was definatly about the sugar content, not the taste

Todays moan:

My phone, it's a touch screen with buttons that are so small and close together you need fingers of a four year old to make sure you don't press 3 buttons at the same time

Stylus. Use one. <_<

Today, I'm annoyed by overly lengthy Jobcentre forms required to claim the money that I was already getting... (It's complicated and makes no real sense).

I'm also annoyed by trying to paint the sights of my various guns with luminious paint without it looking ######. I mean, who'd think that painting a straight line or a nice dot would be so hard to do...?

Are they in a scooter because they are fat or fat because they are in a scooter?

I love to break the social boundaries by shouting stuff like:

"watch where you are going chubs!"

"out of my way fatty!"

"you can't park that there tubbs!"

Don't forget - despite what out crippling British politeness says - disabled people can be *albartrotheth* too.

I also like to use the middle urinal wherever possible thereby forcing the subsequent urinators to stand next to me.

I talk to people in queues.

I love messing with people.

Stylus. Use one. <_<

Today, I'm annoyed by overly lengthy Jobcentre forms required to claim the money that I was already getting... (It's complicated and makes no real sense).

I'm also annoyed by trying to paint the sights of my various guns with luminious paint without it looking ######. I mean, who'd think that painting a straight line or a nice dot would be so hard to do...?

Tried a few styluses (is that even a word?)

A mate of mine tried cracking a glowstick open and using that for a night game. He got the stuff all over his boots and made him very easy to spot

Why are mobility scooters and electric bikes allowed and Segways not? There was a story recently about a man being the first in Britain to be arrested for driving one. They're not allowed on pavements or the road, so technically you're not allowed to ride one anywhere but private land, which is stupid, they're much safer than a mobility scooter in that you can just push a person riding one and they're go the other way, they're smaller and can only go 12mph anyway. Another case of, the government doesn't understand, so they don't care.

they're much safer than a mobility scooter in that you can just push a person riding one and they're go the other way, they're smaller and can only go 12mph anyway.

Mobility scooters do sub 10mph, certainly much slower than the speed a Segway can achieve. And 2 wheels and a gyroscope is considerably less stable and safe than 4 wheels. Thats putting aside the reason people have them in the first place, because they find standing/walking difficult.

Are they in a scooter because they are fat or fat because they are in a scooter?

I love to break the social boundaries by shouting stuff like:

"watch where you are going chubs!"

"out of my way fatty!"

"you can't park that there tubbs!"

Don't forget - despite what out crippling British politeness says - disabled people can be *albartrotheth* too.

I also like to use the middle urinal wherever possible thereby forcing the subsequent urinators to stand next to me.

I talk to people in queues.

I love messing with people.

& that's why I like you too. :D

Greg.

Theres a black guy who has a chrome and cherry segway on my road. He is quite possibly the coolest man in the universe. People stop and watch him go past. He's *fruitcage* awesome.

Have to agree with the motor scooter thing though, I got scarring on my knee after some little old *badgeress* came out of a side street at speed and hit me side on.

Mobility scooters can be easily modified to go really quite fast which is worrying when you consider that most decrepit old people aren't just decrepit in the body.

I wouldn't trust most of them with a lemon squeezer let alone a construct capable of smashing a kid out into a road.

I've seen an old bloke drive one straight down a flight of steps.

I could see his face and he was terrified.

He just couldn't remember what to do to stop.

He was messed up but OK, I asked him why he had a scooter and he said he got it when they took his driving license away from him for being blind and mental (I'm paraphrasing).

That's madness, it's like being stopped from owning a dog by the courts and getting a bear instead.

I've just been to Pizza Hut and I would now like to add:

Breeders and their parasitic spawn.

One 8(ish) maggot ran around a table smack into an old lady then fell on her *albartroth* and (predictably) started crying.

The old lady made her first mistake when she apologised.

The Breeder the parasite belonged to started having a go at the old lady.

I finished my slice and then gave the breeder both barrels.

I simply explained (to the entire restaurant in my army voice) that the old lady was blameless, the accident was caused by her spawn's reckless behavior and that perhaps she should stop blaming others for her failure to properly supervise her brats.

Her mate got up to have a go at me but I'd already sat back down and started eating.

He stood by my table and tried to start a fight but I just dismissed him with a wave and ignored him until he went away.

The good news is that I still have 3/8 of a stuffed crust pepperoni feast with pineapple, caramelised onion and barbecue sauce instead of tomato.

It's the breakfast of champions.

I think to be fair, if someone is in a mobility scooter and is fat, chances are they are disabled, and it would be a bit rude to say "get out of my way, fatboy!" If you are paralysed from the waist down, its probably quite hard to exercise! Obviously not all disabled people are fat and vice versa, but still.

It's pretty rude to say that, regardless of whether the person concerned is disabled or not. It's still amusing though, considering that riding those scooters on the pavement and getting in people's way is illegal. Of course, riding them on the road, without road tax, lights, number plates, insurance, etc is illegal too... <_<

Archived