My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My car has an alignment problem or something like that atm. The front left tyre is bald on the outside quarter and it pulls left. All the other tyres are fine and have plenty of tread. It hasn't been professionally serviced in 40000 or so miles so I may have that done at some point.

Yeah, if the vibration is speed related and not engine revs related then the problem is in the drive train on the road side of the gearbox.

It must be pretty bad for the gear lever to be vibrating too.

Could be as simple as a wheel weight having come off, could be any number of pretty catastrophic problems with CV joints and such but they would normally be accompanied by odd noises.

Just had one of my notions rocked.

I'd always been told that the old Marushin gas guns were legendary. I'd had this notion since I started airsoft.

Just received a Marushin M1 carbine for a friend of my girlfriends, since it was in the UK and he's coming to GZ and after checking it over to make sure it got here ok I'm a little disappointed.

It feels too light.

Too toy-like.

Glad its not mine tbh. :(

Drinking. I went over to see a friend last night, we found nothing to do at his house so we went to the pub. Started off fine and we played some darts. 3 pints of cider, 6 shots of JD, 3 of Bells and 2 of Smirnoff later. I didn't feel too good. Got home, lay down to sleep, had to get up very quick to be sick all over the toilet. :( Felt alright after that though while I was moping up. Woke up at about 8am for some reason with a slight headache. Went to the kitchen, realised I still couldn't walk straight but was thirsty, drank 3 pints of water. Went to the toilet and was sick again. :( My head was in so much pain by this point so I went back to bed, woke up 10 mins ago :)

What fun...

Rohypnol works quicker than that mate.

Went out with a few friends a couple of years ago for the end of year 1 of our music course.

Only one of group was female (as we comprised the guitar section of the course). Had a few pints, stood on the edge of the dancefloor.

It is a local club doing alternative rock nights, which is why we go. We're regulars there, and it's normally full of people we know.

So some of us thought it'd be alright to leave our drinks and go for a headbang. EPIC FAIL.

Get back 5 minutes later, down our drinks. I'm in the queue at the bar getting them in (always thinking ;) ), when I hear a bang. Thinking its kicked off, I turn round, and the one female in a group of about 15 of us is sparked out on the floor.

Weird, because she was drinking the same as all of us, and her drink was with ours, so someone must have done it on purpose. After checking nobody else felt ill, took her to A&E. 4 hours later, she gets told she'd been spiked with Rohypnol.

I think she is still having therapy.

Not a nice thing to do to someone.

Ben.

A friend of mine was out drinking in the first year and as a joke somehow switched drinks with a girl he was out with. Next thing he knows, he woke up on the way to hospital because he'd ingested a dangerous amount of Rohypnol.

Dangerous for HIM. He's a pushing 20 stone, and six four. She was tiny, and had she drank her own drink she could have been in serious trouble. Some proper *fruitcage*wits out there :angry:

My mate got his drink spiked with something and went full mental, he thought everybody was covered in blood and ended up having to go to hospital, coupled with his diabetes which can make him pass out and forget stuff, poor chap didn't have a good night out! Think it was ketamine or something.

Cheers for the advice re, car btw.

I'm pretty sure Ketamine is a tranquiliser - I'm not sure it would cause that kind of hallucinations... Then again, what do I know? :unsure:

I don't get the whole date rape drug thing. If you want to have sex with someone who just lies with unresponsive, why not just get married? :flamed:

Besides.... It's more fun when they struggle... :huh::o:waggle:

I don't get the whole date rape drug thing. If you want to have sex with someone who just lies with unresponsive, why not just get married? :flamed:

Besides.... It's more fun when they struggle... :huh::o:waggle:

LOL

On a serious note; I got spiked a couple of years back at a local. Only had two pints, suddenly went dizzy and faint, my mates dragged me to the bathroom and I made myself vomit my stomach contents up, felt really *suitcase*, went home and KO'd on the sofa. Pretty scary, I'm massive and it made me have that reaction, one of my smaller mates probably would have been knocked out cold.

Was really *fruitcage* annoying, why the hell someone spiked us - we're not trouble causers and were not loud/drunk that night. Missed a day of airsofting the day after too, didnt wake up until 1pm :S

LOL

On a serious note; I got spiked a couple of years back at a local. Only had two pints, suddenly went dizzy and faint, my mates dragged me to the bathroom and I made myself vomit my stomach contents up, felt really *suitcase*, went home and KO'd on the sofa. Pretty scary, I'm massive and it made me have that reaction, one of my smaller mates probably would have been knocked out cold.

Was really *fruitcage* annoying, why the hell someone spiked us - we're not trouble causers and were not loud/drunk that night. Missed a day of airsofting the day after too, didnt wake up until 1pm :S

They probably spike any group of unattended drinks, with the intent of getting atleast one girl (or guy, I suppose) pretty messed up, and ideally, alone. Date raping though however is really quite rare, the majority is people drinking far too much.

I'm pretty sure Ketamine is a tranquiliser - I'm not sure it would cause that kind of hallucinations... Then again, what do I know?

Oh, it's definitely capable of making you hallucinate.

I'm not a chemist, biologist or drug user, so sorry about that... :unsure:

Today's annoyance - people "threatening" to throw themselves off bridges over motorways, requiring the police to close the roads for hours, trapping hundreds, even thousands of drivers on the motorway going nowhere for hours... <_<

Selfish *beep*. Just jump the *fruitcage* off the bridge and get it over with. I swear, the police should have just brought up a sniper and blown him off the bridge. It would have been faster. And more satisfying for all concerned. And cheaper. God knows how much money it cost to deal with the loon, not to mention all the costs of the delays to thousands of people's days.

And who gets the bill? Won't be the would-be jumper, will it? <_<

Today's annoyance - people "threatening" to throw themselves off bridges over motorways, requiring the police to close the roads for hours, trapping hundreds, even thousands of drivers on the motorway going nowhere for hours... <_<

Selfish *beep*. Just jump the *fruitcage* off the bridge and get it over with.

My sister did exactly that about 3 years ago. Wasn't very pleasant, we just found the suicide note then the police came round but didn't know if she was dead or alive so we had to go to the hospital to find out... She jumped into the fast lane and survived, albeit with a fair few shattered and broken bones. She's alright now and perfectly happy again. Amazing to think someone can fall that far into busy traffic and survive to make more or less a full recovery.

Archived