My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can only make the decision to help themselves when they hit rock bottom.

That is assuming they can hit rock bottom without dying.

It sounds awful but the thing that helped me was all my friends cutting me off completely.

You have an epiphany and start the process of recovery. If you are forced into rehab you resent the process and the friend who put you there and almost always relapse.

rehab you resent the process and the friend who put you there and almost always relapse.

This guy lives with me. He's already been through rehab (once), and relapsed a couple times since he moved in. I'm trying to convince him to go to a proper sober house.

It seems he purchased suboxone yesterday so I may have to give him some sort of an ultimatum.

Meat. I am for the last several months and likely the remainder of my natural life a pescatarian (No meat except fish / seafood).

I been doing that for 21 years. Its not so bad, you just have to be aware that meat is put in *FRUITCAGE* EVERYTHING. Especially in Texas. I go up to the line, "Oh, those green beans look good." "Too bad, we put *fruitcage* bacon in them."

Mmmmm the tangy orange Methadone alternative the whole family can enjoy.

That plan could work. It seems cheesy but the "intervention" can often work, it just depends.

The ultimatum will probably work better if you can just get as many of the people he loves and respects in the room at the same time and all just say "sort yourself out or we're cutting you off".

Hard times buddy, I don't envy you or your friend.

I'm slowly starting to discover that I am only attracted to women with situations that make them impossible to date. Whether she be 15 years older than me and already in a committed relationship (with another woman), moving 2000 miles away in 3 weeks, or twice my age and married. I didn't know as much as I thought I did about the married one so I did ask her out, which led to a funny (in retrospect) though I'm sure quite flattering for her short conversation.

I got a rash from a caterpillar. It itches. A lot.

CURSE YOU, HICKORY TUSSOCK MOTH!

I had something similar when I was 7.. never touched hairy caterpillars again

I hate the m62, Has a nice mix of perfectly good road interlaced with long sections of 50mph average speed cams. Its been this way for bloody ages and I have never seen people working on the road.

Especially annoying at 2am when there is no other traffic whatsoever

I hate the m62, Has a nice mix of perfectly good road interlaced with long sections of 50mph average speed cams. Its been this way for bloody ages and I have never seen people working on the road.

Especially annoying at 2am when there is no other traffic whatsoever

Actually - I take that back.

The m62 west of me is godawful, the M62 east of me is amazing :S

My cars up the pipe!

Which wouldn't be so annoying if the weather was good, as I prefer to use my bike when it's nice.

Irony: I only need a car when it rains & when it rains, my car goes wrong. :angry:

Greg.

Or is it poetic justice greg?

You don't appreciate your car. So your car doesn't appreciate you on a rainy day. :P

People who can't be bothered to put trolleys away in supermarket carparks. I often have my lunch on the bench outside my local Tescos and the amount of people who can't be bothered to walk an extra 20-30 feet to put their trolley away astounds me. They just push them in the general direction of the path that leads past the shop and in front of the parking spaces, so trolleys end up spewing over into spaces meaning noone can park there. I've even seen people just unload there trolley and leave it perched against the bumper of the person next to them.

People who bang on doors at 00.40am. For the last 25 minutes, a bloke has been banging on the front door and window on a house opposite to me (Well, opposite and to the left). Give him an award for being persistant, but please let him in. :waggle:

Edit:- There was no-one in the house to let him in. At this time of 1.37am, his dad/brother/mate has just pulled up and let him in. Don't people have mobiles for this sort of thing. Nearly a full hour, this kid has been hammering on the front door/window. I hate to say it, but he is either so drunk he can't think straight, or thick as pig *suitcase*. If the car's not there, no-one is in, no amount of banging on the door is going to change that. <_<

Dude I'm a year down the line 3 weeks to go!! I can't wait to have space for other conversational topics again!!!!

The way to do it is you or your fiance moves to another city for a year, she organises and you call the photographer ( who she finds!). Thats what I did and it was great and reasonably stress free (apart from when we left the bestman behind and winged the speeches as we're rubbish at those things.)

Good luck

Ah. Though everything is subjective on the internet, isn't it. ;)

Though I have always believed, if you have an opinion, be prepared to defend it or explain it.

The Forum "Opinion Police" aren't interested in defence or explanation. They simply apply their *own* opinion with the support of post deletions, warning points or more, all with smug sarcastic, hypocritical comments and unassailable arrogance, since their comments cannot be debated... <_<

Archived