My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Silver Wingun 703 revolvers are out of stock almost everywhere. Cobra Airsoft doesn't ship to my country (and they don't even state that clearly anywhere!). Either I'll find it in some musty old shop in HK or I'll have to order it from EU. And that's terrible (€150 for the gun itself - RU-EE-NAY-SHUN!).

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is that there are two kinds of people who want to be social workers:

1: Would do it for free, love children, see the best in everybody. Too wishy-washy.

2: Couldn't think of another ultra-secure government job that is easier, don't give a monkey's, will only step in if somebody is watching.

The 2s outnumber the 1s and after long enough the 1s get disillusioned and give up.

This is how a couple who between them have a history of working with disabled kids, teaching and a distinguished military background can't get accepted for fostering and a single parent with a full time job can keep three foster kids.

Approving us is too much paperwork.

Taking his kids off him is too much paperwork.

Lazy maggots.

True, my other half is qualified as a social worker but won't go into the profession as your hands are tied by red tape and paperwork. Also your screwed no matter what you do. Take action to help get a child out of a potentialy bad situation and you get called an interferring busybody, do nothing and you get accused of failing the child

Anyway, todays rant is about the pikey little *suitcase* who nicked my bike lights meaning I had to ride to work down country roads before dawn with no lights. I hope is c**k and balls drop off from a flesh rotting desease

Edit:oops something got past the swear filter

...Nobody told us there would be a whole load of maggoty kids there (one with a mullet, one with a flat cap and a couple in barbour jackets!)...

What's the significance of the cap and jacket? Sounds kind of nice compared to what the little *suitcases* are into here.

You have to ask yourself why you left your bike lights where they could be stolen? Leave them on the bike, by any chance? :waggle:

Heaven forbid. Did you leave the wheels on your car last night?

You have to ask yourself why you left your bike lights where they could be stolen? Leave them on the bike, by any chance? :waggle:

What has this country come to when the victim of a crime has to be reprimanded for tempting a criminal?

Oh wait...

:lol:

Ben.

It's not exactly new. You lock your door when you go out, right? You chain up your bike when you leave it somewhere, right? If you leave something portable that's not secured, then you can't be surprised if someone takes it.

Sure, we'd all love to live in paradise where you could leave your belongings lying around and no-one would touch them. But we don't. So you have to deal with it. If you leave lights on your bike that can easily be removed, then some *bramston pickle* is going to walk off with them. In which case it's almost as much your fault as it is theirs - yes, they took your stuff, but if you'd had the basic common sense to take them off the bike (where they're not secure) and put them in your bag or whatever, then you wouldn't be in that situation.

Call it a learning experience.

Don't get me wrong, I know we don't live in a utopian paradice where everybody is smiley, happy and nice, and I know I should have removed them (looking back it was force of habit as I've recently moved and the bike always used to be left in a secure place). It's just bloody annoying that I only found out when I had to leave the house when it was still dark. Anyways, it's all good now as I've got a new set which make the old set look like a candle in a jam jar

Posh kids are (in my opinion) worse than scumbag kids.

They are so presumptive and just assume they'll get their way.

I got a slight tickle of amusement by not getting out of my chair to get him a drink when he asked.

"I'm not a waiter" I said.

He just looked confused.

The one in the flat cap was a disgusting, spoiled little retch who was still breast feeding at 4.

Parents who don't know how to say no, grrrrrrr

Rant of the day. Applying for a job only for them (future employers)to ring up and say that I applied for another job (Which I didn't). When I point out the email I sent them had the correct code on it, they say they never received it and I must have been confused/mistaken.

Guess I just talked myself out of a job with them. <_<

Wretch.

Retch.

Both words, both are not things I would want to be described as.

I am however, defeated.

I will now insert a new rant, my keyboard.

It drops letters, I'll type a word out and the keys will feel and sound like the keystroke has registered but it won't register.

Normally I will just spot the spell check underline but in cases where a dropped letter turns a word into another word I tend to miss it.

Like wretch/retch or the amusing one I did the other day corporeal/corporal.

Gah!

While on the subject of laptops.

I hate Fujitsu Siemens.

They release the Amilo range of laptops, which had an inherent flaw in the screen cable causing it to work loose and the screen flicker.

Then they flat out deny that it was a flaw, despite the overwhelming feedback on their forums.

It can just be plugged back in, but that means dismantling it, which takes time, and when done repeatedly isn't great for the laptop.

Some people may just be able to get a new one, but being at college I don't have the dough to just drop on a new one, meaning I'm fixing it pretty much weekly. <_<

Archived