My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

You want to buy it?

I'm going to fix the boot with a bottle jack and a piece of wood.

I have a lead on a boot lid for 50 baswah, pretty cheap, the 3rd brake light on its own is 300 from Honda.

I re-filled the cooling system today and found the leak, it is in the bottom corner of the rad, next to the lower coolant pipe, it's cracked.

Tomorrow lunch time I will be stripping out the radiator and the air box, my mechanic will be trying to discover the extent of the damage.

I will be putting the car up on axle stands and removing all 8 of the wishbones and associated suspension components to replace the bushings over the next couple of weeks.

I'm actually looking forward to all this in a sort of perverse way.

I love tinkering...

*edit*

You are right, it was bloody funny.

I just wish I could have seen it happen to a 3rd party other than experience it for myself.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, my taclight/battery issue has taken a really bizarre turn. :unsure:

So I picked up a multimeter and tested a freshly charged battery. 3.8V. I put two of the little buggers in the taclight, tiny glow then nothing. I was confused. I turned the switch a few times, and noticed that the tiny glimmer was a little brighter each time. I jiggled the switch as fast as I could and after a few seconds the bulb kicked into full brightness and stayed on. I switched it off, then back on, and nothing, just the tiny glimmer again. Using standard batteries does nothing like that, just turns on full power first time, every time...

I'm now completely baffled. :blink:

3.8v each huh? If 3.7v is enough to kill the bulb ( standard batts are 3.0v right? ) then it could just be they are too high voltage- jiggly thing is rather odd though. Try one rechargeable & one standard batt together to see if the lower combined voltage works maybe? Sounds like you need lower voltage batts to be honest.. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

MY WALLET! SWEET JESUS, OUCH! It turned out that my laptop's mainboard is utterly *fruitcage*ed and has to be replaced. For Ł120. And I earn Ł300 a month. Most of the Ł200 Christmas bonus already got spent on a lot of different things, for example food and stuff like that. At least my friend (who's squatting at my place) has enough decency to help me pay the bills.

clearing snow from paths and roads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus H Christ i wish people would take the time to google this stuff and get their facts right

all week in work the debate as raged, and i see it everywhere on the forums,

Now i see a commenter on a news story about the weather on The Suns website going all off at the health and safety nazi's and how its illegal, you will be sued

its all utter rubbish as this link proves........http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_191868

so long as you dont make it worse you can do as you please,

infact the only thing it tells you not to do is use water to clear snow/ice as it can cause black ice, thus increasing the problem

everything else from shovelling to salting is fair game

rant over

Annoyances of the day;

First, ehobby advertising their beautiful looking G&P M16VN. I have zero interest in 'Nam but classic armalites give me funny feelings in my trousers. Conflicted.

Secondly, still being slightly ill. Its been three days, and things are improving but a walk to the shops shouldn't feel like climbing Everest. To hell with you man flu.

Thirdly, "The Protests". What. The. Feth. Please shoot yourselves, all of you.

Annoyances of the day;

First, ehobby advertising their beautiful looking G&P M16VN. I have zero interest in 'Nam but classic armalites give me funny feelings in my trousers. Conflicted.

Secondly, still being slightly ill. Its been three days, and things are improving but a walk to the shops shouldn't feel like climbing Everest. To hell with you man flu.

Thirdly, "The Protests". What. The. Feth. Please shoot yourselves, all of you.

Run an early SAS loadout - they used early AR-15s in Belize IIRC.

Frankie Boyle.

I'm no Jordan fan but caught a news segment about a 'joke' he told about her son.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1337095/Katie-Price-wants-apology-Frankie-Boyles-sexual-slur-disabled-son-Harvey.html

Telling any joke about an autistic disabled kid is disgusting. Allowing it to be broadcast is bloody outrageous.

I've just trimmed my facebook friends due to a couple of them thinking that the whole protest thing, violence and the incident at the cenotaph included, was justified.

Personally I think if you're receiving a product or service, in this case a degree, you should jolly well pay for it. But I don't even pretend that I know every available fact on the matter.

Telling any joke about an autistic disabled kid is disgusting. Allowing it to be broadcast is bloody outrageous.

To be fair though Dave, anyone putting their children in the media spotlight as Katie Price and Peter Andre have done through their pathetic P.R. war makes themselves and their family fair game.

Frankie Boyle's style requires jokes on the edge of funny, and if you're going to make yourself and your dysfunctional family a target, you have to expect this kind of thing.

Feel sorry for the kids.

Ben.

Well like I said I really don't like Jordan to start with and a lot of that is down to the media whoring she seems to love to do. But I don't think having your children in the spotlight means that it's ok for some tosspot to think it's ok to imply your mentally handicapped son would try to rape you.

What did frankie boyle actually say? I don't want to laugh or enjoy it, I would just like to see/hear exactly what he said and not just fragments (I'm going to try and wacth it on 4od but I don't like the show and would rather just see the segement then sit through searching the show for that joke). :(

Also, Jordan is a *fruitcage* hypocrit. She was going to say a news reporter had HIV/AIDS just to spread lies about them, as Jordan said it was jutsifiable due to the fact the media/journalists spread lies about her. What a *fruitcage* *rickroller*. :waggle:

Telling jokes about *ANY* subject is fine as long as the jokes are funny. They're *fruitcage* ***JOKES*** - get over it. :rolleyes:

Not everyone will find every joke funny. And whatever topic/group/whatever a joke is about, I'm sure there are some people out there who find the topic a bit close to home and don't really care for it. Well tough *suitcase*, today was your day in the barrel. Tomorrow you can go back to laughing about some other topic/group/whatever.

Rant: Why do people respond with the answer "Why" and a scolding look, when I tell them I like Christmas? :blink:

How about, "how come" and maybe a raised eybrow, rather than looking at me as if I just told them I like poo. <_<

Also, the weather, am still waiting for delivery of Inception on blu-ray and a few other items from play. They where posted last monday but still no sign, even though it normally only takes 2 days from when it's posted to arrive at my address, damn you *suitcase* weather (If indeed, that is the cause of delay).

Rant today: Items not selling when you really need the cash for other more fun stuff - example. Need to sell the TMP and gasmask i've got for sale in order to buy epic 'Nam kit, but nobody appears to be interested.

sadface :<

Same thing with me. I've spent almost two months trying to trade/sell my stuff on a local forum so I could get something for Christmas. Nothing at all yet...<_<

My personal rant: My stubornness to not spend money when my mother asks me to order something for Christmas (she never knows what to get me each year, and it drives her nuts that I won't order anything). Meanwhile, my sister robs the family blind constantly (we pay her rent, her college, etc). Heck, she took 3k from us to go to Costa Rica on a "Missionary/Medical training" trip.:rolleyes:

I Live in Belgium, sooo... where do I start? ^^

Oh yes, here we go. Seems like we're the sh*t of the EU again: While our EU president is a Belgian, and he fares fairly well, our Belgian politicians tend to F*CK things up seriously.

I do not listen to the radio nor TV or have bought a newspaper for years now ( I'm 24... ) just because of this. Still, news reach me that Belgium is in chaos !... They say... Belgium isn't ! Those Political D*ckheads are!

Joe sixpack and other normal people with the Belgian nationality just carry on... were getting used to it, you know?... I'm sure you've all heard.

Another one: the church abusing and molesting children and protecting the monks who did it!. So 10+ years after Mark Dutroux, were getting the BIG Fancy ' You're a belgian?...ohh.. the pedophile country...' stamp on our forehead again!

Environmental thinking: It's cold... and EVERY one has to get warm... even those who wants to drink a beer outside. They get stoves ! D*mnit! Even the soccer/football fields are heated! If you want to get warm, come the f*ck inside!

And that while we're doing our best to reduce our ecological footprint. Or are we?

Illegals: In Belgium they get €500 a day if they aren't issued a place to stay... No, not a joke. Want to make money? BURN YOUR ID !!

And so on, and so on :(...

Illegals: In Belgium they get €500 a day if they aren't issued a place to stay... No, not a joke. Want to make money? BURN YOUR ID !!

New plan: *fruitcage* the degree, illegally immigrate to Belgium, stay for a year, retire.

Archived