My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why but I am now tempted to add one point for anyone who writes a post in plain English and minus one point for anyone who uses more than two to three items of text speak.

As we all know good use of language makes a good post.

But it to me just reminds me too much of the old, over abused, reputation system. At least this one doesn't have a big 'hey look what other people think of me' section in the users sidebar. I remember the members that ended up with so many negatives due to the posting of rude and downright stupid comments but also the poor sods who got bombarded with negatives just for backing someone up who was making an honest and reasonable post.

'FireKnife'

My rant is useless, lazy security tossers who don't do their jobs (what little of it needs doing) and then prevent me from doing mine by standing around chatting when I'm supposed to be out doing something else.

And the fact that I'm stuck in a hut with them for the next flippin' year.

My biggest gripe at present is the amount of Audi drivers without headlights on at dusk

i nearly wiped a TT out last night on the M6 as he shot up the inside of a white van, then he has the nerve to pull up next to me at the lights and gob off,

a little "gentle" persuasion that he was a dumbell and should put his lights on soon made him bugger off

but god dammit its always Audi drivers of late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyrian,

I know what you mean, I'm a security guard (can't stand the title Officer, sounds really pompus IMO) and a large number of guards I've worked with are either too stupid to walk and chew gum or think that just because they have an SIA licence, they think they're a cross between Sherlock Holmes and Harry Callaghan. An SIA licence is as easy to get as a fishing licence.

My rant for the day is an od chestnut. W***ers who think that stopping at red lights is optional. The bit that really ###### me off though was the fact that the lights had been red for a while and the bloke just sailed through so he cloudn't argue they changed at the last minute, luckily I was awake enough to realise he wasn't stopping. I'm starting to think next time I'll just push the bike out and let them hit it

Edit: naughty word got past the swear filter, oops

The properly irritating thing about it is, we're sat in a hut all day, we do an hour of work at the beginning of the day, about half an hour at the end, and do a patrol every couple of hours. The rest of the time, we're sat on our arses doing bugger all, and the one time he prevents me from doing the sodding patrol and I call him out on it, he has a bloody go at me! His attitude was that, it didn't really matter that we had to do patrols, whereas I take the view that, we're there to do a job. If you can't/won't do the job, then there's no point in being there.

Argh. He really got me going the other day, had to do another, longer patrol to calm myself down.

I find it odd, that some one can prevent you from doing your job? Thats, madness. :blink:

I would have gone on the patrol and simply stated you where doing your job, unless of course this person who was preventing you, was threatening you with a written warning or something if you dis-obeyed.

To be honest, this person sounds like a lazy so and so.

There has to be someone in the hut at all times, since contractors can be signing in and out any time between the times listed on their permits. If he's standing there chatting elsewhere, I can't leave the hut to do the patrol.

And yes, I could've just gone off and done it anyway and left the hut unoccupied, but I like things to be done properly, and if I'm going to do my best to get rid of tossbags, I need to keep my nose clean and show myself to be better than he is by sticking to the SOPs.

Oh, and he's now refusing to give me a lift in the mornings. When I asked why, he shrugged. Roll on me being late and him foundering with stuff I'm not going to be able to help him with!

My biggest gripe at present is the amount of Audi drivers without headlights on at dusk

i nearly wiped a TT out last night on the M6 as he shot up the inside of a white van, then he has the nerve to pull up next to me at the lights and gob off,

a little "gentle" persuasion that he was a dumbell and should put his lights on soon made him bugger off

but god dammit its always Audi drivers of late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it a silver Audi?

There seems to be an unwritten rule for silver cars that they shouldn't turn their lights on if it's grey and overcast, or at dusk.

I nearly took out a car in heavy rain, I'd joined a dual carriageway between two trucks. There was a dark car with lights on in the outside lane so I waited for him to pass, looking in my mirror for any lights behind him through the spray.

I indicated and did the safety check over my shoulder, and whould you believe it, right up his backside in the spray was a silver astra with no lights on!

If I weren't the sort of driver who bothered looking over my shoulder I'd have pulled out into the side of him.

Hey, I've got a silver car, and I put my lights on. When it's necessary.

A couple of spots of drizzle, and half of the North West puts their lights on. <_<

The only time the morons on the M62 *don't* seem to have their foglights on is in the *FOG* <_<

Of course, the most interesting thing is the people on bikes (can't dignify them by calling them cyclists). Black bikes. Dressed in black. With no helmet. At night. In the fog. With no lights. :blink:

Honestly, there are easier ways to commit suicide. :waggle:

Sounds like the guy is a grade-A *beep*.

Can you put in a complaint about his attitude/work ethic, etc. without it coming back on you?

I'm not going to do so unless there's actually something for me to properly complain about, ie. a serious breach of conduct. Then, I'll be throwing the *fruitcage* book at him. The operations manager is coming to the site today, or is supposed to be, very tempted to have a word with him about it. Then again, he'll be on his own this morning without my help to get him sorted in the hut, so we'll see how badly he does and hopefully it'll speak for itself.

I want to complain about my own stupidity. Non bikers may not get this though.

Moto Guzzi California, I am doing a brake fluid refresh. I put the one-way valve on the front LEFT caliper, squeeze the front brake, open the bleed nipple, nothing happens. I'm there for about a half hour wondering why the lever hadn't sighed in and there was no fluid coming and then I realised...

Moto Guzzi.

Linked Brakes.

I should have been pressing the rear brake lever instead!!!

My rant? Buying over £50.00's worth of plants for my aquarium, putting them in, and watching them being ripped to shreds over the course of two days by an over-zealous Pearl Gourami and 20 Tetra...

Never Long Bomb when you're playing Blood Bowl, and never buy expensive plants when you have destructive fish. Lesson learned.

Ben.

My rant,

Why there is so little to do in the modern city except shop, eat and go to the cinema. I am trying to sort out a nice day out for me and the missus and all that keeps happening is that we end up going to the same places as there is bugger all to do. Unless of course you have £100 to go to an extortionatley priced theater or restaurant.

Why can't there be more things to do so that after 3 days out in a city you have stuff still to do and not the same again and again. I have been to all the decent food outlets twice now, the cinema is full of ###### American comedies that just aren't funny or dramas with all the same ending and plot holes and the swimming pool and amusement parks are full of chavs and kids so you can't get in.

Think i might just have to resort to the usual, go to hers, watch some good DVD's, have some food, some 'exercise' then go to sleep. Rinse and repeat until the modern city improves, or i can find a nice bit of hireable private land to do airsoft practice on.

'FireKnife'

Was it a silver Audi?

There seems to be an unwritten rule for silver cars that they shouldn't turn their lights on if it's grey and overcast, or at dusk.

I nearly took out a car in heavy rain, I'd joined a dual carriageway between two trucks. There was a dark car with lights on in the outside lane so I waited for him to pass, looking in my mirror for any lights behind him through the spray.

I indicated and did the safety check over my shoulder, and whould you believe it, right up his backside in the spray was a silver astra with no lights on!

If I weren't the sort of driver who bothered looking over my shoulder I'd have pulled out into the side of him.

hahahaha it was actually

i also saw a prius last night about 10pm with no lights on but it was red

Archived