My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Fireknife - what city are you in? Here in Manchester there are museums, libraries, art galleries, theatres, live sports, live concerts, several cinema complexes, laserquest, ten-pin bowling, swimming pools, leisure centres and as many bars, restaurant, pubs and clubs as anyone could want.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah should have put that i am in Aberdeen.

A city where they claim to have a rich diversity of many things on offer, but really we have nightclubs full of chavs that play terrible music, cinemas with no variety, amusement arcades and pools full of kids so you can't get in and the same basic Pizza Hut and Burger King in every area.

Plus as far as museums go it is just the same exhibit on all the time and it is often such a small one that it hardly takes an hour to see, let alone half a day out.

Then again the missus comes from Newcastle and i am originally from the Bristol area, both of us agree Aberdeen is severly lacking in entertaining things to do.

'FireKnife'

Well, in that case, I must blame the pair of you for choosing to study in the *albartroth*-end of Scotland... :P

That ain't the worst bit, nearest airsoft site is 70 miles away :(

Plus i am only here as i am staying with parent til finished (nothing to do with the free course at all.......)

And i don't really live in Aberdeen, i live about 23 miles north in the *albartroth* end of nowhere.

'FireKnife'

Yeeeah, no sympathy from me there mate. As most Scots know. Aberdonians shag sheep because there is simply nothing else to do.

Or jump off bridges by the number of Samaritans signs you see up around the city.

Edinburgh, on the other hand, is lovely and full of things and women to do.

Damn you and your having airsoft sites near you and a better diversity of people. Nearly all the people in Aberdeen look the same, only male and female distinguishes them (and not always the case).

'FireKnife'

They do, however, have a rather awesome series of crime novels...

The Logan McRae books by Stuart MacBride. I heartily recommend giving them a read. At least it'll give you something to do, and you'll probably be able to decipher the accents and jargon far better than I.

Me, I can't say that I've had much trouble finding something "more active" to do with any of my girlfriends...

Then again, that could be because they never stay around longer than 6 months, so that tends to keep things from getting stale and repetitive... <_<

Me, I can't say that I've had much trouble finding something "more active" to do with any of my girlfriends...

That is always an option, but have to make the effort to do other things than make them hit the high note.

Then again, that could be because they never stay around longer than 6 months, so that tends to keep things from getting stale and repetitive... <_<

6 Months is a good innings for me, mine seem to have a great time then find one tiny flaw and leave.

And no, my manhood is not the 'tiny flaw'.

'FireKnife'

can't chain 'em in the yard...

One of mine felt like i was chained to her, everytime i did something she phoned up for a running commentary. If only i had started one off with 'She's taking off her clothes and gesturing at me then the bed........'

Ah well can't complain, at least i know when to cut loses and move on, plus the present GF has a certain understanding with me and airsoft, basically it goes along the lines of she says nothing good or bad about it until she has been to a game herself.

'FireKnife'

Ah, I always wanted to take a girlfriend 'softing. I had high hopes for the last one: ex air-cadet, seemed to be interested, etc, etc. Of course, she decided to break up with me on Boxing Day '09 and take up with her abusive previous boyfriend. Whom, she's still seeing, despite any logic or sanity. So that kinda put the dampeners on that plan.

My current interest is... *shudders* a paint-baller... <_<

She'll be used to using her middle finger rapidly then....................... saves you a job.

And what you enjoy in the bedroom is your own choice, even if a little questionable :S

But i wouldn't mind one who cleans pump action shotguns for a living.

My current interest is... *shudders* a paint-baller...

Play a little game with her called 'who has the most range?' Stick her out at 30 metres with a paintball gun and you stand and shoot at her with an AEG or GBBR while she shoots at you. She will soon come round when she takes a face full of white and you stand there, miraculously clean.

'FireKnife'

something about the face full of white...

I only laid down the suggestion, up to the other members to do the rest.

But yes, bring her along to an airsoft game and show her that our guns go further than 20 metres, we have proper full auto, we have guns that look like guns, our grenades actually throw out stuff and we can fir our guns upside down and on the side.

'FireKnife'

Ah i see.

Well thankfully the girl i am with isn't going anywhere for 3-4 years due to Uni commitments and i can pretty much find work anywhere.

But it is early days and i can't see into the future so will have to wait and see.

And if your bored you might have a better pic of 'women of the streets' in Manchester than i do in Aberdeen.

'FireKnife'

Yeah, should always put a smilie after these things.

Trust me the irony will be that you will be at a time of inconvenience, such as just moving house / flat and a great girl will come along. It is always the way in the world of sod's law :D.

'FireKnife'

Archived