My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

OR maybe they actually figured out that they're a British company based in the UK and employing British people, unlike all the countless hordes of morons still trying to live in the past of England, Scotland and Wales? :unsure:

Anyway, time for bed.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OR maybe they actually figured out that they're a British company based in the UK and employing British people, unlike all the countless hordes of morons still trying to live in the past of England, Scotland and Wales? :unsure:

Anyway, time for bed.

Q. Which countries are the following cities in:

1) London

2) Edinburgh

3) Belfast

4) Cardiff

Clue: 'UK', 'Britain', 'GB' & 'UK of GB' are not a countries.

Point being that if something affects the whole UK, then fair enough to say UK or Britain etc ( such as a change of central government for example ), but if an event happens which is specific to a certain part of the Union, ( say, an event happening in a Scottish city ), then you don't expect to hear "Britain celebrated Hogmanay today" on the news do you? No, that would be odd and rather inaccurate because it is only celebrated by Scots, in Scotland primarily ( since it's a Scottish tradition, not a British tradition as such ).

Kapish? ;)

Q. Which countries are the following cities in:

1) London

2) Edinburgh

3) Belfast

4) Cardiff

Clue: 'UK', 'Britain', 'GB' & 'UK of GB' are not a countries.

Point being that if something affects the whole UK, then fair enough to say UK or Britain etc ( such as a change of central government for example ), but if an event happens which is specific to a certain part of the Union, ( say, an event happening in a Scottish city ), then you don't expect to hear "Britain celebrated Hogmanay today" on the news do you? No, that would be odd and rather inaccurate because it is only celebrated by Scots, in Scotland primarily ( since it's a Scottish tradition, not a British tradition as such ).

Kapish? ;)

They are all cities in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The inhabitants of all said cities are British.

The point being that you're wrong.

Regional variations or events taking place in a specific area of the UK are not evidence that those areas are separate countries. A country is an internationally-recognised, independant, autonomous entity. France is a country, Normandy is not. Germany is a county, the Rheinland is not. The USA is a country, Arizona is not.

However, no-one would find it odd to say that the people of Arizona took part in some event that was not widely celebrated throughout the USA, nor should it be thought strange that a region of the UK has traditions not shared by other areas. These areas USED to be separate countries, now they are part of one country. The Act of Union was over three hundred years ago, this ought to be enough time for people to get it through their skulls...

This has been discussed many times, yet people still insist on clinging to the past. It's really quite disheartening to see so many otherwise reasonable people so mistaken about the country they live in and are part of.

However, feel free to believe whatever the hell you like. There is nothing so pointless as trying to educate those who wilfully choose to ignore the truth.

Advert heard on the radio today:

"For the truth about guns, go to www.tough-call.co.uk" <_<

(To hear the advert, click on the little picture of a radio and pic the top option.)

Anti-gun propaganda annoys me intensely. :angry:

Remember, a gun will travel back in time to kill your grandparents and thereby prevent your family from ever existing, they're just that evil... :rolleyes:

Wow, not only is that possibly the worst add i have heard but the website is *suitcase*.

I love how mis-informed the British public is about firearms and how they work.

We must be the only country that gets a cold chill down the spine when we see Anti-terror units out and patrolling our stations and airports. I myself just crack a smile and think 'at least if something happens there is a trained professional on hand, i actually feel safe'.

'FireKnife'

People get scared when they see something that is not normally needed (Like tanks at an airport). They way we can see their point of view, would be if fire engine's where outside your house "just in case", it would make you stop at first glance and think, *suitcase*.

RAnt of the day:- My dog still wont cock his leg when he pee's. He's trying but still manages to aim it all over his front paws. I reckon his penis has a laser on it, that locks up with his front paws "bulls eye" style.

RAnt of the day:- My dog still wont cock his leg when he pee's. He's trying but still manages to aim it all over his front paws. I reckon his penis has a laser on it, that locks up with his front paws "bulls eye" style.

There is so a lipstick / red point joke in there somewhere, just it is too late to find it.

'FireKnife'

i dont want to find it...

Awww come on, you know it is in there somewhere.

Anyway my rant, does my life suck / win so much that i keep ending up top poster or certainly up there. I don't even realise how many post i can bang out in one go. That worries me.

'FireKnife'

Housemates leaving lights on ALL *fruitcage* NIGHT.

Housemates not buying new milk when they used the last of the old stuff.

Housemates who clean selectively. Here's an idea, if you've got the vacuum out to do your room, why not do the whole house? Or wash all the pots in the bowl, not just yours?

Housemates who, upon reaching the top of the stairs, feel compelled to stare into the bedroom I share with my girlfriend for a few seconds, WHILE WE'RE IN BED, SLEEPING, before continuing into the bathroom.

Agreed on the above, however rather than hide the toilet roll just dissolve some chilli powder in water and using one of those spray bottles that things like window cleaner go in, just give the paper a light spray to give them a little surprise next time they wipe.

Meanwhile back on topic, today's moan is about the olympics. Yes we all know tickets are on sale and you have to go online to order them now can you please give us some proper news

http://www.microshower.co.uk/

Something I picked up in Thailand. Works a million times better than a hand full of dry paper.

Especially when your finger pokes through.

Then you get *suitcase* under your fingernail.

Then you eat a cream cake.

Then you lick your fingers clean.

Put it this way, if you were walking along the street and somebody smeared some *suitcase* on your face, would you wipe it off with a tissue and say "that'll do" or find somewhere to wash yourself?

I wash my *albartroth* every poo.

Archived