My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried asking them/complaining about this? Especially if it happens around the same time every month, it must be something to do with your supplier.

BT's complaints department is like a never ending baton race, you just get handed around the phone lines until you give up or can't understand the operator.

So your ISP is a pain in the *albartroth* and won't let you hook up once a month? Maybe it's female...

Oddly enough it does seem to take the same amount of time that my GF takes to 'finish her cycle' :P Talk about a periodic connection.

'FireKnife'

If the complaints department gives you no joy, then simply get the address of their CEO - a matter of record - and write directly to him/her. I guarantee it will get swift results.

I think i will, must admit it has only been for the past 3-4 months and usually i wouldn't complain but it is getting in the way of exams, if it happens again then complain i will.

'FireKnife'

Girl trouble, huh?

What did you do?

Not just girl trouble, final month or two of college (even though i am ahead), when i am moving, dealing with my father, other sexual health issues and a bunch of little things.

To girl trouble makes up all of 20%, mainly as i have to work out what i am going to say in regards to me moving, that is if i even am, i don't want to say anything and then not move.

'FireKnife'

I'm not that bad.......

:P

But yeah those are what i have to deal with so i suppose complain to BT about an odd intermitent connection is the last of my worries. Still useless BT, just as bad as Royal Mail, hurry up and deliver my USPCT damn it.

'FireKnife'

Never, EVER, and i mean EVER lend your car to your gf !! Seriously how hard can it be to try and NOT hit every lamp post you see ?!?

Maybe she has a thing for moving towards big stiff rods that rise up?

Maybe she is trying to say something to you in a sort of coded message :P

Either that or she was blind drunk and couldn't be bothered.

'FireKnife'

Fuel prices, sorry, but it has to be said.

I have what's known as a 'super mini' car, a pug 205. It is smaller than 90% of the cars on the road today (excluding stupid iQ thins and smarts) and weighs ###### all due to being a death trap.

HOW CAN IT COSTS £50 TO NOT EVEN FILL THE TANK CHOCK FULL?!?

Wen I first started driving (about a year and a half ago) I could tank it for £30, and when my dad still drove me everywhere I rememver petrol being 'expensive' at 75/80p per litre.

How can the price of something double over no more than 10 years and people just roll over and accept it?

People didn't accept it. There were big protests when the price got to £1 per litre. But it didn't change anything, and at the end of the day, you *HAVE* to buy fuel for your car.

It's almost impossible to live in Modern Britain - in the days of privatised bus "services" and privatised railways - without a car. I know of many small villages where the bus route into the nearest town was closed down due to it being deemed "unprofitable" - never mind that there is NO OTHER WAY to get into the town from that area.

Also, the price of fuel is something like 80% tax - then there's VAT on top of that. Tax on the tax, yeah, great isn't it? On an item that is essential. Basic foodstuffs don't have VAT applied, because they're deemed essential, but fuel does, and it's just as essential. Also, think about it - how did that food get to the shop you buy it from? On a truck, which runs on, yes, FUEL!

It's a great big *suitcase* sandwich, mate, but you can't get up from the table.

The thing that narks me off about the whole fuel issue is that there is no real other option.

The government is always saying 'use public transport'. No i *fruitcage* will not you public transport. The buses are filthy, never arrive on time and only exists in cities and between major towns. The train service is pathetic in this country. Look at mainland Europe, they have an impeccable train system compared to us so why are we so behind.

For me to get to college or see the GF is £10 at least return and that is literally without stopping off or making any detours along the way, but it is the only option. If i wanted to use public transport then i would have to get up at 6.30, get a bus at 7.10 to a bus station, then get another to city centre and then still a distance to college. All that would cost me £10 and i can only get a bus back home at 6pm, i have no other option.

That is th reason why we seem to take it as quite frankly what other option do we have, maybe if you live in London you have a full underground, bus and taxi system but anywhere outside a major city and you are basically screwed.

'FireKnife'

Only £1.01 per litre for my fuel, I love it being duty/VAT free and legal :D

About the only thing the Labour government did to help my finances, and even then they were forced into it as they were breaking the Kyoto agreement they signed.

Course if I had the time and space my fuel would be practically free.

Maybe she has a thing for moving towards big stiff rods that rise up?

Maybe she is trying to say something to you in a sort of coded message :P

Nah can't be that, she's dating me after all :D

Either that or she was blind drunk and couldn't be bothered.

I believe that it's either her inability to drive cars or her weird ability to ###### me off.

all of them have both those 'skills'!

Mine can swallow a banana in one go.

All i am going to say.

Can't live with 'em, can't chain 'em in the yard...

Unless she has a fetish and likes to be chained up in the yard? Someone out there must.

Grrr....

Please don't tell me you do tiger noises at them :P

'FireKnife'

Archived