My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
L4D is pure win, and L4D2 adds a side order of awesome sauce...

Maybe in your parralel universe games like this are good but back in reality they are just boring, mind numbing donkey balls that are so repetitive that you can predict the game from the start.

L4D could have been so much better, just it feel into the usual trap of becoming soulessly repetitive.

'FireKnife'

Left 4 dead is NOT a zombie game, its an assended rail shooter with targets that pretend to be zombies.

Firstly

Zombie games should be about scareing you with "should i attack these 3 zombies in my way or save the 14 rounds of ammo i have by trying to sneak around them" or "aaaah [expletive deleated] no ammo and there are 4 zombies in my face, no way can i kill them all with this machette before one of them bites me, runawayveryfast"

And why keep track of ammo when as soon as you run out the game spawns a reload point?

secondally there is NO single player and 99% of the internet is COD-tards and youtube-kiddies (Actually i think those two are the same people) and people who insult you in 3 letter swearwords for actually knowing a single fact about anything.

no thanks.

You're seriously telling me you don't know three other people you could play a 4-player game involving maiming large numbers of infected, flesh-eating mutants with? <_<

I do, but that still means I could only get to play the game by ORGANIZING PEOPLE to be online at the same time!

Its a game not an office management tool.

And still, all the other major problems with the basic concept still stand.

True the big issue isn't just the fact that the internet is full of idiots that just run around shooting and nothing else but you also have the issue of how bad the game is. It doesn't really penalize you it just keeps chucking wave after wave of zombies that all act the same at you without remorse.

At least Dead Rising, while not multiplayer, had proper shambling hordes and cheesy ways to kill them, it did the opposite of L4D and just went around being stupid and fun, lawnmowering zombies and killing psychopaths :P

'FireKnife'

"This is stupid, I WANT TO TALK ABOUT VAGINA'S!!!!"

Today's rant, Applied for a local gardening job which was posted in the post office. I ring the number and arrange a time to come over and survey the job at a time that suited them, which was the following Monday as they were busy for the hole week. The Monday comes and ring ahead to check that it was fine for me to come over as I had just left the gym. The house keeper tells me to come back the next day. I show up and I am finally greeted with the woman I have been in contact with about the job, to which she tells me

"Sorry the job has been filled, my husband took over it"

So basically after going out of my way to try and make an appointment in between college, work etc and finally securing a day that they are free I am told it has been filled with mention of it before hand and no chance to look at the job. I get the impression that being a "Young" person I cannot be trusted and thus not even given a look in. Just because most people my age in the area are complete inbredded stoner, monging *fruitcage*wits I get tarnished with the same brush. It would have been £7 an hour as well mad.gif

Just because most people my age in the area are complete inbredded stoner, monging *fruitcage*wits I get tarnished with the same brush.

Get used to it, it carries on well into your 20's i find.

"This is stupid, I WANT TO TALK ABOUT VAGINA'S!!!!"

Someone needs to get laid :P

Though by all means start the convo off and the rest of us will twist / take it out of control. ;)

'FireKnife'

I cant move closer to work - house prices

I have a car that would cost as much in a day to get there than it does by train for the month, cost is not the issue, its the timing

New Rant - Combat gear uk

If i order devil blasters and you send me normal blasters i am going to complain you morons.....

So, been watching the house for the last two days. We've been having issues with the subpump in our basement, a few floods down there due to it stopping every once in awhile. Been checking it everyday multiple times to make sure it doesn't bust on me while the folks are away. No issues to an hour ago when I went down to check it the fourth time today (checked at 3 am, 5:44 am, and at noon beforehand).

Water everywhere...

Had to break out a makeshift squeegee and clear most of the water, then try to dry the basement floor with a fan.

*fruitcage* my day. <_<

Rant: not having internet access for two weeks and feeling like a newbie on every forum im a member of :(

Rant: New job is awesome, company is awesome, wages are awesome, getting mortgage with missus approved awesome,...6AM start and commute on poxy train to birmingham SUCKS *albatross*, its actually making me want to slit my wrists i hate it that much,.....back on the job hunt i guess!!

It's what? 40 min on the train?

For a tenner?

Wish my train commute was that!

I've got the joys of London Midland getting me into Euston, standing room only both ways, and then another 40 minutes on a crowded tube both ways. £35 for the train and then there's the Oyster use of about £40 a month on top for the tube, oh and £8 for parking my car at the station.

I'm up at 6am and not home until after 7:30pm, assuming someone hasn't decided to commit suicide by fire on a train earlier in the day (what a horrible way to go)

Take a book, or download some films/TV shows to your phone, that's what makes it bearable for me.

Other than the fact that you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy?

Well, if you didn't work in London, you'd be able to actually live in the same town or city that you work in.

Lol I'll never look at the office in the same light!

I work in London, Bletchley (now there you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy), Milton Keynes (where I live), Bedford, Sandy and Cambridge.

Apparently, anything up to a 90 minute commute (each way) is considered acceptable.

When I was unemployed and going to the JobCentre, I had to search for jobs anywhere from Liverpool to Sheffield, Preston to Stoke...

And I still didn't find anything suitable... <_<

People who work in London live as far afield as FRANCE, due to the Eurotunnel trains.

Ouch that's like me trying to work in Porto ( OPorto for you Brits ) while living in my hometown of Aveiro, that's almost 70km each way everyday, and even then that would only be a 60mins commute by train at most.

Although i know a couple of people who do it, it's very rare for people to do that around here. Thank god i take 5mins by car to get to work, even by foot i take only 10mins to get there :blink:

By those rules, you could almost live in Manchester and work in London. (It's about 2 hours by train)

The thing is, of course, that it's fairly impractical to live in London, there's just not enough space, so the workers have to live somewhere else. Most of the south of England is just a dormitory for the workers of London.

And, of course, since the people who live and work in London are the *only* ones in the whole country who matter, they tend to think that the rest of the UK is like that too, hence the idea that you don't actually *need* a car to live in the modern world and other such crazy ideas... <_<

You people really live far away from your work place .... 40 mins commute ? dang ...

I'm a field engineer, we have clients mostly in Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire, but we also have clients as far afield as Leatherhead (South West of London) and Sutton Coldfield (North East of Birmingham).

I love driving, and have a car well designed for it which helps, and the trip in and out of London on the train gives me a chance to catch up on any films/TV shows.

But after a long day, it'd be much easier if I could just teleport home :)

Archived