My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last two pages worth of posts seem to be mostly by people role-playing on the internet as 13 year old boys, can you please tone it down a bit?

I put on my robe and wizard hat...

You really want to start a weather conversation with a British person?

You really want to start a weather conversation with a Texas person?

You really want to start a weather conversation with a Texas person?

'Erm, its all you know hot and sich, now where's ma gun'.

I put on my robe and wizard hat...

And steep magically out of the closet, in both sense of the word :P

'FireKnife'

And steep magically out of the closet, in both sense of the word :P

These are the only two definitions of the word I can think of:

EverestDM0105_468x330.jpg

death-star-1.jpg

But I don't think the word meaning either expensive or to rise rapidly can be used as a verb. Amirite?

But I don't think the word meaning either expensive or to rise rapidly can be used as a verb. Amirite?

And a small parade for the Grammar Nazi there as he marches right on in to Ploand and no-one thinks to stop him.

'FireKnife'

You don't have weather ... you have rain.

Have you not seen the new tourist board ad?

Come to Britain, we have constant rain, cheap and warm beer, chlamidya ridden bar skanks and whole host of ways to screw people out of money. Trust me you will never have so much fun, it is like Amsterdam, only we don't have half as much fun as H&S boot your door down.

'FireKnife'

What does H&S stand for anyway ? Health and Security ? When you brits say H&S my head always replaces the word with "Head and Shoulders", which of course ends confusing me :P

Does no-one remember a couple of weeks ago when it was really, really hot?

It's always really hot out here ... It's 22h and i have 27º here in my room.

"Health" and "Safety". Basically, because of all the *fruitcage*-wits we have over here who will take any opportunity they can to sue someone as they can't be bothered to work, everything has to be completely idiot proofed to the extent that no-one is allowed any fun, if you do, you get sued/fined/dead. Whereas before, only the last result would've been applicable and used to be enough of a deterrent.

What does H&S stand for anyway ? Health and Security ? When you brits say H&S my head always replaces the word with "Head and Shoulders", which of course ends confusing me

Health and Safety. A trumped up bunch of self righteous *rickroll* heads that think that everyone can be sued due to trips and falls and as such tries to wrap the world in bubble wrap and make us all feel better. Basically they take away all the fun so we can't get hurt and blame others for what is often our own stupidity.

A bit like PCSO police (think traffic warden that hands out little slips of paper to say you have been naughty and who chats to old ladies so they feel someone cares about them) H&S people are really not neccesary but as we slip further into the blame and security cultures we see more and more of them each day.

Oh and we had highs of 18 degrees, which for British spring time was actually quite high, too bad it wasn't on during airsoft days. <_<

'FireKnife'

A few nice days in the UK and there are so-called "forest fires" and we have soldiers turning out to help fight them. <_<

When it rains.... Half of Cumbria floods and we have soldiers turning out to help deal with it. <_<

A few snow flakes and the whole country stops - and we have soldiers turning out to help people get to hospitals or midwives get to pregnant women... <_<

There's only one type of weather that Britain can cope with - and that's dull grey overcast.

I like how our answers are almost identical :wub:

Also! It was 42 degrees (in my greenhouse). Beat that.

I had to do some reparing near a catalytic woven with this heat ... it was over 50c there <_<

"Health" and "Safety". Basically, because of all the *fruitcage*-wits we have over here who will take any opportunity they can to sue someone as they can't be bothered to work, everything has to be completely idiot proofed to the extent that no-one is allowed any fun, if you do, you get sued/fined/dead. Whereas before, only the last result would've been applicable and used to be enough of a deterrent.

Wait ... you live in the US now ? :P

Wait ... you live in the US now ?

Add guns, make the Conservatives even more right wing and the fact we are getting fatter by the minute and yep not far off, sadly.

I like how our answers are almost identical

Did you expect a positive post about H&S then :P

There's only one type of weather that Britain can cope with - and that's dull grey overcast.

We can't even cope with that. We end up spending £100,000 on a dingy orange light-bright roadsign that tells us there is 'Fog'. Yes the fact i can barely see the *fruitcage* sign in the grey that has descended all around makes me think that i really don't need to be told it is fog and that i could pretty much work that out for myself. I mean i was driving back today and it said 'warning, high chance of deer on the road'. Sorry but pretty sure you would see the *bramston pickle* and if you didn't it would be through your windscreen taking your eye out with its antlers anyway so why tell me there is a 'high chance'? <_<

'FireKnife'

Maybe so you'd slow down a bit so that when you go around a corner to find Bambi stood in the road, you've have more chance of not totalling your car. <_<

And dull grey overcast isn't fog. It's just dull grey cloudy days - dry but not sunny.

Archived