My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Maybe so you'd slow down a bit so that when you go around a corner to find Bambi stood in the road ...

A couple of weeks at at the gunman norwich site there was a deer standing having a munch on the grass right next to the warning deer sign, made me chuckle....... yes I am easly entertained

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe so you'd slow down a bit so that when you go around a corner to find Bambi stood in the road, you've have more chance of not totalling your car.

Yeah the roads round here are either so open you could see it coming a mile off or so winding that you could be going 30 and still not see it til it was through the windshield, gouging at your throat.

Though the best had to be 'Winter weather, be sure to stock up' which was on during the last few weeks of blazing sun. Or the time when it said 'don't do drugs and drive'. Now those that are on the road not on drugs are intelligent enough to know that is a bad idea and those that are (if any) are too off their faces to be able to read the sign. Why do we as a nation buy such stupid things and then try to find a use for them that isn't there?

yes I am easly entertained

Lets see if this works then?

driving.jpg

'FireKnife'

But I don't think the word meaning either expensive or to rise rapidly can be used as a verb. Amirite?

Nope!

Steep: to allow dry ingredients, such as coffee, tea, or spices, to soak in a liquid until the liquid takes on the flavor of the dry ingredient.

Used to do a lot of it with vodka and different flavours when i was a cocktail barman. ;)

I like rain.

I would just like to add to a previous post. PCSOs helped bring down crime in the knowsley area (Merseyside), due to patrols and interaction with the community (remember, they where borught in to tackle a certain type of crime).

We must establish re-education camps for those who's grammar skills are not up to the national party standard

America? Grammar? I'm confused i thought you just borrowed our language and then took out or changed the words that you found too difficult to spell.

Colour for instance.

At least when the Aussies and Kiwis did it they left those words alone :P

I would just like to add to a previous post. PCSOs helped bring down crime in the knowsley area (Merseyside), due to patrols and interaction with the community (remember, they where borught in to tackle a certain type of crime).

Maybe you got the luck area. In parts of Bristol when they started the whole PSCO thing crime was slightly up as since they have no real power the usual thugs just added Assault to the list when they whacked them one after a robbery or whatever it was they were doing. They are good in old people communities where they give the elderly someone to talk to and keep the young ruffians off the apple trees, but in a big city they don't work and there are too many of them.

'FireKnife'

PCSOs have different powers under different Police Authorities (or whatever PC word they're using instead of Force this week) - the gist of it is that the Chief Constable or whoever gets to choose the powers (s)he wants them to have from a list of possible ones.

I believe in Wales PCSOs have the power of arrest... :unsure:

So who decides in their right mind to give some of them less power than a civilian. Seriously they have no power at all were i used to live and in Aberdeen they appear to have been replaced by the City Warden system. They can't arrest anyone but perform a dual role of traffic warden and PCSO, probably to cut back on the shortage on of both.

'FireKnife'

FireKnife - they will have some powers in any area. What those powers are varies. If they had all the powers of a police officer, then they would *be* police officers. The whole point is to try to get policing on the cheap - it's down to the Chief Constable (or whoever) to decide what powers his "plastic plods" need.

So who decides in their right mind to give some of them less power than a civilian. Seriously they have no power at all were i used to live and in Aberdeen they appear to have been replaced by the City Warden system. They can't arrest anyone but perform a dual role of traffic warden and PCSO, probably to cut back on the shortage on of both.

'FireKnife'

I have heard that some councils ask the police, if PCSOs can "help" in certain areas (be it traffic at schools or even checking on the elderly). Not too long ago, checking on frail people (be they old or not), was something the local bobby would do and no-one use to say it was a waste.

On a serious note; which is better, kebab burger or normal beef burger? I like both together ( don't forget the chilli sauce). ;)

I want a pizza burger. Like taking Mariana sauce and cheese and smothering a burger in it.

That or a nice proper stack burger like i make em: Onion rings, 3x cheese, bacon and special BBQ sauce made from a blend of different ones.

And to Hedge, i can see a small use for the PCSOs but often they end up being caught up in a situation they have no power over, meaning that they end up calling the other police away to help. That was only in the South West so can't say much.

'FireKnife'

And to Hedge, i can see a small use for the PCSOs but often they end up being caught up in a situation they have no power over, meaning that they end up calling the other police away to help. That was only in the South West so can't say much.

Yeah, but that can happen to regular plod too - they'll need backup with a situation that starts getting out of hand.

And how many times do PCSOs deal with things within their powers quite well? Who knows - we only hear the bad side, as with so many things.

Honestly, I can't help but think it's probably a reasonable compromise between the need for more police on the beat and not enough money to pay for them.

Damn it i want a kebab now, which is saying something after the near food poisoning i got off the last one :P

'FireKnife'

Give in to the kebab side......

Decided to wrap donner meat around chicken nuggets. It made me feel dirty and cheap, but ooooooohhh so good.

Sorry to have to be serious again, but.....

Most PCSOs start on the same salary as "normal" plod, so its not saving money. It was originally designed to tactle the growing problem, with community crime (yobs, vandalism etc). The PCSOs would be focused on tackling crime that was seen as lower end crime crime that you and me have to face, on a day to day basis.

Why are you lot so fond of kebabs ? Can't get myself to like that ###### ...

What about the other type of 'kebab' :P

Happy to give one of those a taste.

Decided to wrap donner meat around chicken nuggets. It made me feel dirty and cheap, ooooooohhh so good.

For some reason i though you put donor meat then, as in you wrapped part of a dead person with a donor card around your food :D

'FireKnife'

Archived