My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Yeah, she's been a few times, I've only been once.

I started airsofting at a site that had loads of posers and didn't have much in the way of close friendships forged there, she was lucky enough to start at a rather friendly site so had loads of friends to go with sooner than I did.

We were supposed to go to Sonisphere too. :( Since I don't have transport or anyone to go with I may sell my ticket to fund something shiny and gratifying. Maybe a chrome desert eagle.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, she's been a few times, I've only been once.

I started airsofting at a site that had loads of posers and didn't have much in the way of close friendships forged there, she was lucky enough to start at a rather friendly site so had loads of friends to go with sooner than I did.

We were supposed to go to Sonisphere too. :( Since I don't have transport or anyone to go with I may sell my ticket to fund something shiny and gratifying. Maybe a chrome desert eagle.

Well i am sure if you can get to the NAE this year a round of beer and shooting each other in a foolish (but safe) manner will make it all better :P

However don't go for the shiny Desert Eagle, go for something that will benefit you, like a nice big scope and some heavyweights for when you are picking off enemies at the NAE. Though how weird would it be if you lined up the first shot only to see the ex in the crosshairs :P

'FireKnife'

Same team or not, I'd probably pull the trigger. For the lols.

I do actually want a new scope, but I'm loathed to buy one cause my current scope works fine, looks ok, and has served me well. I'm used to how things look through it too.

I also already have about 4500 .40s in stock. ;)

Hell, maybe I'll buy a 1911. :D

Same team or not, I'd probably pull the trigger. For the lols.

That reminds me when i am back in the South i will have to track down my old ex and shoot her with a bb, told her i would get her back for that one time she got me in the back :P

Yes, buy the 1911, don't think about it, just do it. Unless it is in which case what the hell is wrong with you.

And that reminds me i could do with some more bbs.

'FireKnife'

What both of your hands are left or right? Which one?

However the 360 controller is so much better, essentially the Playstation design but improved. Don't get me wrong i had a Playstation and a Playstation 2 and then Sony pretty much balls it all up and i moved on to the Xbox, at least our network doesn't get hacked and most of the information phised out of it :P

'FireKnife'

I think you're getting confused, symmetrical hands is normal (as if you have a mirror between your hands). Both hands the same works as a lame dig at the Xbox's assymmetric controller design.

Honestly, you stop noticing after 5 minutes. I can use either controller equally well.

I personally find it an improvement, mainly due to the fit to the hand and the fact it is smoother than the PS controller which feels as chunky as the old first dual shock controller.

I think you're getting confused, symmetrical hands is normal (as if you have a mirror between your hands). Both hands the same works as a lame dig at the Xbox's assymmetric controller design.

Don't worry i am taking the ###### :P

'FireKnife'

Oh god not this again!

I have said that 3 times already today, though that was trying to stop Issac getting pulled out the airlock for the 5th time :P

To me the PS3 is like an iPhone or an iPad. It is dearer and offers nothing more than the Windows operating system equivalent does but charges twice as much.

But ah well, it is like all things Windows will always have that little elitest group that chooses the other option and whings about it being better than a Windows when it is clearly not.

'FireKnife'

I personally find it an improvement, mainly due to the fit to the hand and the fact it is smoother than the PS controller which feels as chunky as the old first dual shock controller.

Don't worry i am taking the ###### :P

'FireKnife'

Oh good, can never quite be sure...

The layout for me is neither here nor there, I prefer the concave Xbox triggers, the PS3 ones are rubbish your fingers slip off them too easily. I also find the concave sticks a small improvement.

Loose the consoles, get a PC.

Compared to KB and Mouse any of the available controllers are like trying to do brain surgery on yourself while wearing boxing gloves.

Agreed, mouse is so much easier to aim with. My friend bought an adaptor so he could plug a PS2 controller into his PC for playing BF2, I was like :headbutt:

Though something someone said to me the other day was interesting - yes you get a mouse for aiming, but with consoles you get analog sticks for movement, whereas on PC you're stuck with on/off buttons. Not really a problem for FPSes (which is all I really play), but for platformers and stuff it's a fair point.

However, it must be said gaming PCs are kinda expensive, I know I might yet end up playing BF3 on my Xbox. The value for money is pretty damn good, new Xbox for £180 that gives you nice graphics and the latest games. OK not as good as a top-end PC, but you really pay for it.

Though something someone said to me the other day was interesting - yes you get a mouse for aiming, but with consoles you get analog sticks for movement, whereas on PC you're stuck with on/off buttons. Not really a problem for FPSes (which is all I really play), but for platformers and stuff it's a fair point.

However, it must be said gaming PCs are kinda expensive, I know I might yet end up playing BF3 on my Xbox. The value for money is pretty damn good, new Xbox for £180 that gives you nice graphics and the latest games. OK not as good as a top-end PC, but you really pay for it.

This is why I have an xbox 360 controller plugged into my PC for driving games :) Most decent ones are unplayable on PC because you end up just spinning out constantly or locking the wheels braking for corners.

Fair enough £180 gets you an xbox, but it'll also get you a graphics card, some more ram and at least one game to play with. Anyone with a modern-ish PC can make it play games better than a console for the price of one. And as a PC gamer you get a life time of cheaper games :)

I'll say everyone should just shut up before this turns into another gaming platform jerk off comparison thread, but no one's going to listen anyways. But I guess me saying that is fitting with the original purpose of this thread anyways

Another rant/question from me, regarding Xbox Live Rep...

What on earth is the point of it, and why have 72% of the players I have ever met online avoided me for reasons such as bad language, and unsporting conduct? And with the fact that 72% of people have avoided me, why exactly is my rep rating 5 stars? Shouldn't it be 2?

Aargh! I never use my mic in an open lobby, only in a party, so random players never hear me talking anyway, and unsporting conduct is such a vague term... I would imagine it's down to the fact that every now and again I come across a lobby full of absolute idiots who end up getting slaughtered.

In comparison to many players i've come across, i'm a pretty pedestrian gamer. If my rep is bad, i'd hate to see the rep of someone like Sandy Ravage or SlowBurn...

I'll say everyone should just shut up before this turns into another gaming platform jerk off comparison thread, but no one's going to listen anyways. But I guess me saying that is fitting with the original purpose of this thread anyways

This. These pointless arguements have been going on for years, think AK vs Armalite or Subaru Impretza vs Mitzubishi Evo. Basicly stupid arguements carried on by stupid people.

Although I did have to laugh when someone I knew kept going on about how reliable the xbox is and one week later got the RRoD

This. These pointless arguements have been going on for years, think AK vs Armalite or Subaru Impretza vs Mitzubishi Evo. Basicly stupid arguements carried on by stupid people.

Lets have a classic one:

Communism or Democracy :P

'FireKnife'

Greetings from the "hotel" at sunny RAF Brize Norton...

Rant: Why, oh why, must EVERY piece of information we are given turn out to be wrong? <_<

Apparently, we can't actually take carry-on bags on the flight because the plane they're using doesn't have overhead storage for them. Brilliant.

Much frantic rearranging of bags later, and I've just about crammed my carry-on into my big hold-all. So now I have to carry my laptop under my arm (that's *SO* not being trusted to the mercies of RAF loadmasters) as well as my book, MP3 player, passport, ID, helmet, body armour, etc... and just hope that I won't want or need all the other little handy things from the carry-on bag. Like a torch, or sunglasses, or a drink, or whatever.. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the rumours of free wi-fi access in the accommodation "pods" at our supposed destination aren't lies. That's assuming they don't change our destination.

And also hopefully we won't get bumped off the flight and have to spend more time hanging around here waiting.

Archived