My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings from RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus.

Why do passenger aircraft insist that you have to turn everything off during take-off and landing?

Especially the kindle - it emits nothing, doesn't even have an LCD screen. It's the most passive piece of technology ever. If the aircraft was going to be effected by it, then it would never get off the ground in the first place due to random cosmic rays!

Also, you'd think they'd design aircraft electronics to avoid interference from sources such as laptops, mobile phones and whatnot, wouldn't you? Surely it wouldn't be that hard?

In other news, the flight out to Cyprus wasn't bad, if you don't mind travelling in the 1970s, and the in-flight meal they gave us was surprisingly good - better than I've had in many cookhouses. Hopefully the next leg of the trip will be as good.

Also, you'd think they'd design aircraft electronics to avoid interference from sources such as laptops, mobile phones and whatnot, wouldn't you? Surely it wouldn't be that hard?

When you see the cost per aircraft it makes sense, either tell people to turn off the electrical items for 5mins or pay a lot per vehicle.

Hopefully the next leg of the trip will be as good.

Are you on holiday or in training? :P

Also while you are in Cyprus see if you can get us a P90 off the Cypriot Natinal Guard ;)

'FireKnife'

Greetings from RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus.

Now there's a name I haven't heard for a number of years. It used to get mentioned a lot on Forces Favorites on the radio on a Sunday (Showing my age here). Glad you've made it intact and Glad the Forces haven't pulled out of the place (Unlike the place where I was Posted).

As I've mentioned already, I got dumped a few days ago.

Facebook's targeted advertising has already started giving me adverts for dating sites.

Not only that, but one of them said "hot single girls in your area are looking to meet older men like you!"

Older men like you.

I'm 26.

Is that old these days? <_<

I'm 26.

Is that old these days?

Yep, you are at that awkward age, too young to be trolling dating sites but too old to be trailing for booty at the clubs :P

Think of it like a 14yr old at Halloween, not young enough to go out with the kids but not old enough to dress up, get ###### and then laid.

If you don't mind us asking why did you get dumped?

'FireKnife'

If you don't mind us asking why did you get dumped?

'FireKnife'

If scorch answers that, someone really needs to take him out and get laid. If he's that open about it, some women love that, but its never long term (*fruitcage* buddy).

If scorch answers that, someone really needs to take him out and get laid. If he's that open about it, some women love that, but its never long term (*fruitcage* buddy).

How do you think i do it :P

Harsh but hey i don't mess people around so what they see is what they get ;)

Anyway, my rant is this: The one gun i have been looking for for a while that isn't too pricey is the SP2022 in GBB. Low and behold a KWA Cybergun licensed version is now out however no on in the UK stocks the damn thing and the only places that do wont deliver to the UK due to the way our import laws are <_<

Plus they are out of stock but have lots of the KWA ATPs (funny that, no-one wants a gun that looks like a Glock and a P30 had a worrying love child).

'FireKnife'

GF got the groceries delivered by Asda on Thursday, they overcharged her by more than £80, delivery guy tried to tell her that actually the final price was "before multibuy savings" to which she replied no it's not, there's a load of things listed which 1. you've not delivered, and 2. I never ordered!

She phoned customer services, they said the store manager would call her. No call back.

She phoned again, was told he'd call her the next day between 9 and 10.

No call back.

Throughout the day she called them, they never called her back, until 9pm last night when someone called and said it's being looked into and she'll be called back today (guess what? Yup, no one called)

So she's been phoning them regularly all day, sent several complaint emails to head office, and if she doesn't get a proper phone call tomorrow we'll be going to the store and demanding to speak with the manager.

GF got the groceries delivered by Asda on Thursday, they overcharged her by more than £80, delivery guy tried to tell her that actually the final price was "before multibuy savings" to which she replied no it's not, there's a load of things listed which 1. you've not delivered, and 2. I never ordered!

She phoned customer services, they said the store manager would call her. No call back.

She phoned again, was told he'd call her the next day between 9 and 10.

No call back.

Throughout the day she called them, they never called her back, until 9pm last night when someone called and said it's being looked into and she'll be called back today (guess what? Yup, no one called)

So she's been phoning them regularly all day, sent several complaint emails to head office, and if she doesn't get a proper phone call tomorrow we'll be going to the store and demanding to speak with the manager.

Did you refuse delivery or make ir clear what items you agree to, had been delivered? I do hope you get this sorted, but when ever I get a delivery, I make sure the items are there that I ordered, or I refuse . I don't know the laws regarding grocery shopping (delivery), so I hope its not the same as other deliveries (parcel force, tnt etc).

Did you refuse delivery or make ir clear what items you agree to, had been delivered? I do hope you get this sorted, but when ever I get a delivery, I make sure the items are there that I ordered, or I refuse . I don't know the laws regarding grocery shopping (delivery), so I hope its not the same as other deliveries (parcel force, tnt etc).

She marked on the sheet what items were missing, normally they're fine, maybe one item will get double scanned and they'll just give a refund, or they'll substitute an out of stock item with one that's of higher value for no extra, but to overcharge by £80 worth is ridiculous.

She marked on the sheet what items were missing, normally they're fine, maybe one item will get double scanned and they'll just give a refund, or they'll substitute an out of stock item with one that's of higher value for no extra, but to overcharge by £80 worth is ridiculous.

I never have a problem with (touch wood) tesco delivery, as when ever something is out of stock, they provide a susbsititue that you can refuse. £80 over charge sounds very fishy, as that is a weekly shop for three people.

Be warned on 'Multibuys' (Tesco's is the biggest offender). Sometimes, buying 2 of the same item together is more expensive than buying 2 of the same item seperately (Buy 1 for £1. Buy 2 for £2.10). However, the Checkout automaticly groups items together, irrispective of how they're scanned at the Checkout. You have to watch these smeg-heads like a hawk!

Be warned on 'Multibuys' (Tesco's is the biggest offender). Sometimes, buying 2 of the same item together is more expensive than buying 2 of the same item seperately (Buy 1 for £1. Buy 2 for £2.10). However, the Checkout automaticly groups items together, irrispective of how they're scanned at the Checkout. You have to watch these smeg-heads like a hawk!

I've never had the mis-fortune, thank goodness. Though I do admit to keeping a sharp eye on things like that. I remember the good old days of the price you see, is the price you pay.

I've never had the mis-fortune, thank goodness. Though I do admit to keeping a sharp eye on things like that. I remember the good old days of the price you see, is the price you pay.

I always remember the fantastic time that some manager at the Somerfields i was working at put a 99p item at 2 for £6 and was wondering why people kept complaining that they were beaing charged up to £16 too much on shopping (popular item but people din't see the 2 for £6 in online shopping).

'FireKnife'

I always remember the fantastic time that some manager at the Somerfields i was working at put a 99p item at 2 for £6 and was wondering why people kept complaining that they were beaing charged up to £16 too much on shopping (popular item but people din't see the 2 for £6 in online shopping).

'FireKnife'

Maybe my mathmatics is a little dated, but even 6 items at £6 for two, equals £18? How'd they get over charged by £16? Even at 4 items at £6 for 2 equals £12 plus another is £12.99, was there some other drty scam they where running? Evil *suitcases*.

Edit; ah over charge so they've paid 99p but then being charged an extra £2.01 per item if the buy multiples of two? Still doesn't add up. :flamed:;)

Well if they bought eight (which was the maximum we had to deal with) that would be £24 however the cost if the offer wasn't on would have been £8 (rounding up) so that is £16 they were over charged.

Then again this was the same idiot manager that printed a load of labels and ordered a six foot stand for a drinks offer. Turns out for one month we sold a drinks called Pespis. However he still works there to this day :P

'FireKnife'

Yep, you are at that awkward age, too young to be trolling dating sites but too old to be trailing for booty at the clubs :P

Like that'll stop me... :P

I'm not gonna go into the why too much, suffice to say it was a combination of little things that were allowed to build up and poor communication.

I'm obviously sad about it, but it happens I guess, so I'm not harbouring any bad feelings over it.

Like that'll stop me... :P

I'm not gonna go into the why too much, suffice to say it was a combination of little things that were allowed to build up and poor communication.

I'm obviously sad about it, but it happens I guess, so I'm not harbouring any bad feelings over it.

1. Thats the spirit and 2. well sometimes it is the little things that just keep building up until it is too late to do anything about it. Two of my longest relationships ended due to little things here and there (no penis comments eh, or i will have to come and see how your GF / wife likes it :P).

'FireKnife'

Ugh....

After some seriously heavy *suitcase* the past 2 days, my life now stands by the door in a stack of boxes and bin bags.

Stuff to be stored at my mothers, and me to be "sofa surfing" for a little while then. <_<

Get a job in Afghan, mate...

EFI are short staffed at Camp Bastion. £20k+ tax-free, free accommodation, no food bills, promotion prospects, see the world, help out servicemen and -women who are serving their countries, etc, etc...

Archived