My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I went home with a girl once and her room smelled like that.

Ahhh snap .. i so had a cool story about a chick i met but can't tell it, PG13 and all that you know :(

*HINT: It wasn't her room that smelled ....

Now for the rant, Paypal is run by monkeys and incredibility dumb ones to boot. Their support centre solution to problems appears to be flinging poo at you.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DVLA, I know they're in Wales, but seriously, it's been a country now for what, 14 years? So they should at least know how to run things.

When I moved house, I sent off my 3 log books (V5s) to be updated. Apparently not one of them arrived, so I had to pay for replacements, which arrived at my new property due to the mail redirection I had set up.

Filled them out and sent them off again.

Three went out, two came back, although I'd put the three in a single envelope.

By now the mail redirection had expired, so I headed to my local DVLA office, filled out the replacement and change of address form, paid my £25 again and sent it off.

That was nearly 2 months ago.

Couple of days ago I recieved a letter from them asking the name and address of who I'd bought the car from (it was 5 years ago, from a garage so I have no idea what the V5 had on it), when I bought it, the registration front and back, and the VIN number.

Sensible moves to try and stop Abu Hamza's son stealing any more cars.

Now, the thing is, my tax runs out at the end of the month, and without a V5/reminder letter, I can't renew it or declare the car SORN.

So, I phoned the DVLA to see what could be done.

"Well, you'll have to go to your local DVLA office, fill out the lost V5/change of address form again, pay the £25 again, and take your MoT and insurance certificates, and they'll sell you a tax disc"

But I've already done that, can't you just give me the online reference number so I can buy some tax?

"No, we can't do that" (probably too sensible you see)

"What you could do is keep the car physically off the road at the end of the month and hope the new V5 arrives before the 14th as we'll start proceedings against you from then"

Oh great.

So I'm going to take my MoT and insurance to the DVLA office on Friday and hope they let me give them £215 in exchange for a paper disc.

Otherwise I'll wait until the 14th and go back and pay the extra £25 which will really confuse everything.

If the replacement V5 arrives between the 10th and 14th I might as well use it to SORN the car and save myself a month's tax as I'll have already lost out on half a month.

Changing the address on a V5 is free...

How much have you paid now for this free service? <_<

Changing address is free, replacing a "lost" V5 isn't.

Woohoo! just found the reciept from the last visit to the DVLA so I shouldn't be charged again.

This hassle is nothing compared to a mate of mine who wanted to transfer the number plate from the BMW he was selling. The tax on the BMW was due to run out in 3 days so he planned to buy a new disc while getting the reg transferred over at the DVLA office.

You have to put the tax disc details down of both the source car and destination car. He had driven to the DVLA in the destination car (a Xanta HDI) so only put down the details of the HDI's disc, planning to put the BMW's new tax disc details on as that would be the disc on the car when it was sold.

Noooo that's far too sensible.

Not wanting to have to do another 60 mile round trip, he asked if they could just keep the paperwork a few days and then submit it as then the info would be fine.

Nope, not an option, 60 mile round trip. *joy*

Changing address is free, replacing a "lost" V5 isn't.

Woohoo! just found the reciept from the last visit to the DVLA so I shouldn't be charged again.

Given that it seems that DVLA lost all of your V5 documents, I don't see why you should have to pay to replace them. <_<

Didn't manage to get to the DVLA on Friday, hoping to go this week.

In other news, my CPU fan finally stopped turning, I've got a replacement on order, due in up to 14 days time ($9 inc shipping from Artic, or if I wanted fedex it would have been $70!)

CPU is currently running at 42C (case is at 37C) although if I do any video conversion it rises to 62C

I have just bought a new hard drive for my NAS box, a PCIe bootable hard drive, a MoBo and a test bench case thing.

That'll be fun.

I got a letter today telling me I have bounced a payment, I can't find a record of in in my account.

I haven't had less than 50 quid in there for 5 months, it is the account I use for paypal and it was a 26 quid payment.

Now I don't know what paypal item it is that I haven't paid for.

Grrrrrr

Yeah hope he's back on here at some point, I need to find out how the gun he sold me works...

Today's grievance- being told some jumped up little *beep* down at Spec Ops Dorset has been bragging about 'decking me for being a know it all gob sh*te'.

Now, I've never been airsofting in Dorset and I've been a know it all gob sh*te for years without anyone decking me for it, so I'd be very interested in finding out when this guy thinks he's done this...

Today's grievance- being told some jumped up little *beep* down at Spec Ops Dorset has been bragging about 'decking me for being a know it all gob sh*te'.

Now, I've never been airsofting in Dorset and I've been a know it all gob sh*te for years without anyone decking me for it, so I'd be very interested in finding out when this guy thinks he's done this...

Maybe he just wants to deck you?

I had a guy try to call me out at Urban Assualt peterborough once, apparently we'd had a dissagreement on the old ASCUK forums over a shirt and he'd taken it to heart. He seemed to miss the irony of declaring i was a "Keyboard warrior" and that I "hid behind my computer" while standing less than 12 feet way from each other.

He stuck close to the marshals for the rest of the day though, after he'd realised I was on a 40+ player day out from another site and a couple of my larger mates had asked him what the issue was. No-one was going to do anything to him, but if you're going to gob off like a twerp, atleast have the situational awareness to know how many people you're provoking.

Maybe he just wants to deck you?

His exact words were apparently 'spetsnazdave? he's a know it all gobsh*te, I decked him once at spec ops'.

I'm fairly well informed that my 'assailant' in person is a cheating fat little Scottish geardo known to many at that site as an all-round twerp, but I'm still very curious as to what I did to warrant this imaginary violence. Probably schooled him on something, I dunno. He might be one of the small band of zeroin kissasses, they don't like me much.

People think I'm a cocky know it all gobsh*te on the net because I'm anonymous, but don't let that fool you- I'm a cocky know it all gobsh*te in person too ;)

Oh, the irony... Thanks, rubbish phone, for doing that...

Awaits kicking from large bloke with a Mohican :(

Lmao don't worry I think the gods of irony beat me to it :P And besides, this large bloke (no longer with a mohawk sadly, though the new gf likes it so it may be coming back) is interested in shorter, fatter, delusional fish ;)

The question is, if he didn't deck you, then who did he deck? :D

Archived