My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

There's this too:

http://xkcd.com/946/

I find it very funny, my wife has just lost her job but we are still rolling in money.

My mortgage is 450 quid, bills about the same, I don't want to irritate everyone by blabbing on about how much I earn but it is a fair bit above the national average.

Because we don't have kids, when she had a job we just couldn't spend our money fast enough.

Like when I recently decided to get back into 40k.

I was in the shop and the guy said the cheapest way to do that is to get the boxed set and play ork or space marine.

I wasn't keen on that so he said, go Grey Knight Terminators. You can get a competitive army with hardly any models and so it will be relatively cheap.

"Meh" I said, I'll just buy a load of IG, I like them.

I don't want to spend more than 250 quid today though, it's nearly the end of the month.

The sales guy nearly faeconated himself.

I'll probably need Valkyries, Vendettas, Hydras, Griffons, Basilisks and Sentinels, 3 of each and about 6 Chimeras too.

I also need about 15 meltagun troopers and 9 to 12 heavy weapons squads.

Plus you can't do IG without a wall of flesh to protect your armour.

I couldn't dump over a grand on plastic soldiers if I had kids eh?

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an aside, while Belladonna may be banned, I believe she is active on other airsoft forums and while people may be curious and in the case of stunt perfectly reasonable, some idiot is bound to act like a prat so I removed Xaccer's post and the quote.

... And left stunt's earlier post like a derp, that's removed now too.

Thanks chaps.

I couldn't dump over a grand on plastic guns if I had kids eh?

My life plan in a nutshell, as much as people say to me 'oh its great, passing on genes, raising them etc' i just aint interested and, as those that know me will say, when i plant my feet in the ground i ain't moving :P

Plus my family has a lot of *suitcase* in it that really i think bringing up a kid wouldn't be fair on them, having to explain it all etc. Add to that i don't think i could ever give them the type of raising i would like to as everything is so bloody expensive nowadays and lets face it modern schooling is falling apart and everyone is scared of everyone else. If i ever did have a kid i would up sticks and move to a better country but again that would cost money i wouldn't have. ;)

As an aside, while Belladonna may be banned, I believe she is active on other airsoft forums and while people may be curious and in the case of stunt perfectly reasonable, some idiot is bound to act like a prat so I removed Xaccer's post and the quote.

Makes sense, too many people out there that will take something and use it in the wrong context.

'FireKnife'

Ah, no i got it off of Airsoft Armoury and they claim it is a KJ, however i have heard rumour that it isn't even a Hwa Shan so i just put ACM. At the end of the day it was badly built and really only worked for 10 shots out of one fill so i used it as a backup only.

'FireKnife'

... And left stunt's earlier post like a derp, that's removed now too.

Thanks chaps.

That makes me sad.

What's so difficult about tolerance eh?

Intolerant people are about the only people I can't tolerate.

Intolerant people are about the only people I can't tolerate.

Damn that Catch 22 eh? :P

But true, why can't people tolerate others. I say this as i am sat in the same room as my Mums BF who, due to a lack of education and not living in the middle of a city, has led to him being intolerate of everyone, and i mean everyone. If i brought round a girl that was African, Indian or Asian he would throw me out ;)

'FireKnife'

Yeah, sucks.

I meant general tolerance of groups of people.

There are plenty of individuals I can't stand.

I love using logic arguments to tie those kind of bigots in knots.

I had an Indian girlfriend once who's main motivation to go out with a white guy was to give her father a heart attack.

I was happy to help.

She was lush. she was really shy though and felt the need to shave her arms.

She was mortified when I caught her with the razor out.

The things that bigots and society as a whole force individuals to do to "fit in" drive me nuts.

In my experience, some of the most predjudicial people I've known have been people from 'minority' races. Just as an example, my Mexican wife dislikes white girls (too annoying) and black men (too scary). Oddly enough my white, devout Christian, middle America, small town family is very accepting of her.

Personally i love that i am actually here (as in born) because my Dad couldn't explin to his Mother that he wanted to marry an Indian girl so he met my Mum, had me then decided to admit he was cheating on her and got married to said Indian person. Oddly enough i am not bitter at all, in fact i prefer that it happened when i was 3 days old rather than 10 as it happens to some.

'FireKnife'

I hate to say this but in this country it is the perfect way to work your way into a position you wouldn't normally get.

Look at the number of people that when you present them with the race / religion / sexism card that cow down and obey you for fear of a £50,000 minimum lawsuit over it. I am not a racist and in fact despise anyone that makes assumptions about groups of people without first getting to know and uderstand them but when you pull the race card for everything i have no sympathy for them when they get a tirade of abuse over it as really all you are doing is drawing such people out to make such comments.

In fact it is worse for us as a nation, we are about the only developed nation that will fall to the race / religion / sexism card. Look at the French when they banned the burqa and i bet if you tried to pull the race card in Germany, the USA, Italy, Australia, NZ or anywhere else you would be told to stop being so pathetic (and in the case of some countries much worse). It is just us that seem stupid enough to let it slide, yes there are some cases when it is acceptable to use the race card but those are often 2-3% of cases.

'FireKnife'

I worked with someone who's friend managed cleaners at the local hospital, mostly immigrants. One woman was lazy as heck and she eventually sacked her, which resulted in the race card being called.

At the employment tribunal, the company's representative asked the manageress a few questions which went something like this:

rep: How long have you been married?

manageress: 10 years

rep: And where is your husband from?

manageress: Nigeria

rep: We rest our case.

And the lazy worker lost her case :D

Recently witnessed a woman kicking off outside Costco because she was being refused entry, the Scottish staffmember called out at her "It's got nothing to do with your colour, your membership has expired!"

Best though was when I had to claim JSA, was chatting to the woman going over my case and she told me that immigrants from a certain african nation with a penchant for piracy come in first time, slam their fist on the desk and demand "where's my f'ing money" to which she tells them to go to the back of the queue until they can learn to be civil. They've got some burley security guards in the building so she's pretty safe if any kick off.

Now help me out here or is this a complaint or not?

I have 4 women in various stages of interest in me, 3 of which are all trying to arrange a date with me on the same day, how the hell did this happen?

Also to all those of you that say 'oh it is so hard to get a job' i applied for 4 in the last week and 3 have offered me a position. Is it really so hard then? I didn't even have to sleep with anyone to get them either :P

'FireKnife'

"...3 of which are all trying to arrange a date with me..."

"...3 have offered me a position..."

"...I didn't even have to sleep with anyone to get them..."

Sounds suspiciously Freudian to me.

I don't believe in Fraud as i call him, clearly the man was an insane socially inept asexual that had to make up theories just to get others to listen to him.

But either way, three job offers, four girls (who couldn't be less alike from one to the next) and a job that is offering me 25% discount on video games. Can't complain for once i suppose :P

'FireKnife'

Of course, there are jobs but too many people think that they are too good for them. Seriously these are the people that are beneath a job at MacDonalds yet thing they are better than that, hey if you don't bother to learn or aspire to anything greater then you get what you get, obviously excluding those that have issues that mean they can't do better.

'FireKnife'

I have seen first hand ( sort of ) people who have ^that kind of attitude towards job offers & wanting to enter the employment ladder half way up, but without any real qualifications or training to have earned it as such, so there is some truth there.

However, in my case there are plenty of jobs around, yes, jobs which I would apply for in a second; none of them are within a 15-20 mile radius though & I don't drive ( even failed my CBT, not a natural biker I guess... ) so all I can do is scour the (very) local area for anything & hope something comes up. I've applied for dozens of jobs and had only 2 interviews, no offers- all I have at the moment is a 2.5 hour a week cleaning job which I'm grateful for. Not everyone who complains there is a lack of work is a lazy scrounger or snob who thinks menial, minimum wage work is below them, some of us are just screwed by our location and lack of transport ( links ).

Archived