My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

What is it about supermarkets that make people lose all sense of spacial awareness. It's like as soon as they step through the doors they've got the awareness of a five year old, suddenly in their own little world. They'll randomly pull their trolley out from trying to decide which type of baked beans they want and crash into mine as I'm walking past then look at me as if I've just squashed their dog with a monster truck. :rolleyes:

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was stationary today with my baby daughter in her pram (shopping basket on top of the hood), waiting for a bloke to get past. Loads of room for him to get past and he still manages to hit the front wheel of the pram with the back wheel of his trolley. Didn't even look at me or make any gesture to say sorry. Thats what I get for being polite (also the bloke looked as though he was in his late 50's).

Also, most of the staff in there that wear a suit or look like a manager, always just cut me up when am trying to turn down into an aisle. The staff stacking the shelves are always polite.

Also, most of the staff in there that wear a suit or look like a manager, always just cut me up when am trying to turn down into an aisle. The staff stacking the shelves are always polite.

That's because most of the time they think they are a big fish in the ocean, when in fact they are in a big fish in a puddle...flapping about, and failing miserably...

It was working in a supermarket while at uni that made me start to think 80% of the population of this country are thick as pig *suitcase* and why I tend to do my shopping at night. (the joys of having 2 24hour supermarkets within 15 minutes walk from my flat). Unfortunatly last saturday I had to go during the day with my 10 week old son in his pram and had a simillar experience to Habakure but with a middle aged woman who tried to act as if it was my fault, a few strong words soon put her straight

The 24-hour Walmarts are the worst; they restock the shelves in the evening by dragging all the merchandise out and pretending that the customers aren't there. I had someone deposit a massive pallet at one end of an isle I was shopping on, when the other end was already blocked, trapping me.

On the bright side, you can see some really interesting freaks at Wally World when the sun goes down.

Archived