My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

There are quite a few churches in the Middle East.

Hundreds, in fact. Being the birthplace of Christianity, and all, it's pretty much what you'd expect.

There are also hundreds of Mosques, and Synagogues too. Being as the Middle East also happens to be the birthplace of Judaism and Islam. Handy that...

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are quite a few churches in the Middle East.

Yes in certain middle eastern countries but i bet if you went to some of the more Muslim dominant ones and aksed to erect hundreds of Churches you would be told to sod off or worse, really i can see why. No-one should expect to walk into another country and be treated like they are at home and expect the locals to bow to their demands. I would never go on holiday somewhere and complain about the local culture or treat the people of that country as inferior.

But hey once again i think this is a point we need to stop at as one thing will lead to another and like many hot topics it will get all out of hand.

My new rant for the day: Why not only am i awaiting a delivery by Parcelfarce but on the day it arrives it is likely no-one will be home, oh frigging joy that i then have to go to the depot, wasting my petrol money, and collect my item when payment was made for a service they should provide, i only put it this way as it isn't the first time it has happened and as much as i don't like PF people still use them to send things to me.

'FireKnife'

Given that "Paki" is simply short for "Pakistani", it could be perfectly accurate usage. It's only racism if it's used that way, otherwise it's just a description, same as if you say it's "Geordie shop" if it's run by folks from Newcastle. Is that racism too? Maybe, if you're using it in a negative way, I guess...

Bang on there.

People from Afghanistan are Afghanis

I believe "stan" or "istan" means "home of the"

The problem is that it has been used pergoratively for so long that it has become an insult.

A retard can find a way to insult anyone, I have been called jock, porrige wog, sweaty (sock - jock) etc. I find it is just a simple and easy way to identify and therefore ignore the troglodytes among us.

Other, longer range, signs include: Fake tan, popped collars, faux-hawks, 3/4 length trousers, single diamond earrings and listening to offensive music in public places on hopeless mobile phone loudspeakers.

You have something against faux hawks? :P

Yes ;)

If you want a 'hawk get a real one, just combing it into the middle says to me that you aren't ready to commit to the 'hawk.

I'd have one but male pattern baldness means that - for me - a mohawk is basically a shaved head.

My rant for today:

UK law not allowing me to fit a breaching charge to my neighbour's front door, detonate it and storm the place introducing a bat to the head of anyone who tried to stop me untill they stop playing *suitcase* music loudly.

Yes it may only be 19:38 but my 12 week old son is trying to sleep

Yes ;)

If you want a 'hawk get a real one, just combing it into the middle says to me that you aren't ready to commit to the 'hawk.

I'd have one but male pattern baldness means that - for me - a mohawk is basically a shaved head.

I have a real one but I'm often too lazy to get it cut down every week :P

My rant for today:

UK law not allowing me to fit a breaching charge to my neighbour's front door, detonate it and storm the place introducing a bat to the head of anyone who tried to stop me untill they stop playing *suitcase* music loudly.

Yes it may only be 19:38 but my 12 week old son is trying to sleep

We had that with Mad Connie across from where I used to live, she'd play her music full blast, stand at the window and cat wail (or to her ears I presume sing) at them.

Called the council several times, they sent her a letter and she shut up.

Sir, my women is hotter than a fat mans ball sack on a hot summers day.

I think I speak for every bloke on here when I say WE WANT PICS

Anyways, an update. It turns out she was throwing a halloween party for her daughter and when at 9:30 a friend of a friend kicked off and put her kitchen window in I offered to make a statement to the police. How has she decided to repay me? By still playing *suitcase* music loudly. It's now gone midnight and I have to be up at stupid o clock for work

Bloody god damned couriers. Suddenly, I find out an e-mail from DB Schenker (courier company) today that "delivery was attempted on Friday, at 7 pm, nobody was home" - obvious BS as both me and my flatmate were home at that hour, and the courier haven't even bothered to call and ask where the hell am I. I hope they deliver the package today (yet courier hasn't been bothered to call or show up), because otherwise I will be in a VERY KILLY MOOD.

I bought something on ebay a while ago, nothing special. Paid for it at 1500hrs and it arrived at 1000hrs the next day.

When it all goes right there is nothing like the British postal service.

I'm having trouble with my airbrush.

I bought a compressor for it but is seems unable to provide enough pressure and flow rate (combined) to power my brush with citadel paints at anything other than maximum spray width.

Irritating since it cost 100 sheets.

I've bought another compressor that is higher rated and has a tank on it and it was 30 quid less.

Now I have to see if I can return the first one.

Grrrrr.

Bang on there.

People from Afghanistan are Afghanis

I believe "stan" or "istan" means "home of the"

The problem is that it has been used pergoratively for so long that it has become an insult.

A retard can find a way to insult anyone, I have been called jock, porrige wog, sweaty (sock - jock) etc. I find it is just a simple and easy way to identify and therefore ignore the troglodytes among us.

Other, longer range, signs include: Fake tan, popped collars, faux-hawks, 3/4 length trousers, single diamond earrings and listening to offensive music in public places on hopeless mobile phone loudspeakers.

Afghanis is the currency, the people are called Afghans.

A bit NSFW/not for the feint of heart, but I somehow developed a massive hemorrhoid, and it hurts like holy hell. I don't even recall how I got it, but after cycling last Friday at the gym it started hurting. Got worse during the weekend, and boom it burst, and it's been bleeding nonstop for the past 12 hours. This is getting irritating/embarrassing fast, since I walked out of the doctor's office w/ blood on my pants...

*fruitcage* I hope I don't need surgery down the line.

Archived