My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Writting out a birthday card, being careful to make sure the ink has dried and then sealing. Look to the left, and notice the money I was supposed to put into said card. Fffffuuuuuuunnnnnkkkkkkiiiiiinnnnn' hhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll. Flip flip flippitty flip.

Note to self; don't sing along to metallica, whilst writing out birthday cards.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Writting out a birthday card, being careful to make sure the ink has dried and then sealing. Look to the left, and notice the money I was supposed to put into said card. Fffffuuuuuuunnnnnkkkkkkiiiiiinnnnn' hhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll. Flip flip flippitty flip.

Note to self; don't sing along to metallica, whilst writing out birthday cards.

Look at it like this, you saved yourself a tenner ;)

*fruitcage* computer viruses.

Ransomware they're calling this type. And none of the security software is picking it up yet.

Well *fruitcage* them. I located and tore the files out of the registry manually, and system restored to last week to be on the safe side.

I have to strip the wallpaper in my hall, finally get around to making the bathroom nicer (it looks like one in a council housing that has been inhabited by three generations of slobs, seriously...) and replace the seals in my ACM M500. Someone shoot me.

I have a dilema. I have to make room for more airsoft guns (shotguns to be exact). The problem is, I have to get rid of either:-

Star Wars figures and ships.

or...

M.A.S.K. toys (which includes boulder hill playset).

Or even, just get rid of a load of clothes....?

My girlfriend has a kidney infection. :(

She knows this. I know this. We know what needs to be done about it. We even know the NAME of the drugs that are needed to get rid of it.

We go to the local NHS walk-in centre. That's what they're for, right?.

We wait about an hour and a half, despite the fact the waiting room is practically empty. We get seen by some Indian-looking woman with no name badge who may have been a nurse (or the cleaner for all I know) who does a test, confirms that there's an infection, but then won't prescribe the drugs we all KNOW are needed because she's too afraid to put her name on something due to my girlfriend's complicated medical history. :angry22:

So now we have to go to my GP so she can be seen as a "temporary resident" and wait another hour and a half for an appointment even though the waiting room is COMPLETELY EMPTY so the GP can do the same tests again, tell us again that there's an infection and hopefully write out a goddammed prescription slip so we can get the drugs that we knew we needed when this saga started at 11 o'clock this morning... :headbutt:

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It makes me so angry.... :ranting2:

Don't think anyone would want to buy infected kidneys...

Finally got the drugs she needs 6 hours after finding out there was a problem.

Now, after I spend the day roaming NHS facilities and camping in waiting rooms, she's ###### off with me because I mentioned that I'm going on a TA thing that I get paid for. If she's not complaining about that she's complaining that I'm not looking for work or getting a job. I *HAVE* a job (okay, it's only part time, but it's a job) and she moans whenever I go to it.

My girlfriend has a kidney infection. :(

She knows this. I know this. We know what needs to be done about it. We even know the NAME of the drugs that are needed to get rid of it.

We go to the local NHS walk-in centre. That's what they're for, right?.

We wait about an hour and a half, despite the fact the waiting room is practically empty. We get seen by some Indian-looking woman with no name badge who may have been a nurse (or the cleaner for all I know) who does a test, confirms that there's an infection, but then won't prescribe the drugs we all KNOW are needed because she's too afraid to put her name on something due to my girlfriend's complicated medical history. :angry22:

So now we have to go to my GP so she can be seen as a "temporary resident" and wait another hour and a half for an appointment even though the waiting room is COMPLETELY EMPTY so the GP can do the same tests again, tell us again that there's an infection and hopefully write out a goddammed prescription slip so we can get the drugs that we knew we needed when this saga started at 11 o'clock this morning... :headbutt:

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It makes me so angry.... :ranting2:

frustrating as it is, i dont really blame her. what with the rising popularity of the 'blame culture' i wouldn't want to take any chances, far too many people now are all too willing to ruin someone else's life for a quick buck.

Be that as it may, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. We wasted time waiting to see someone who was no use at all.

What's the point in having these walk-in centres if there's no point going there because they don't have anyone qualified or willing to prescribe the medicine you need?

Walk in centres are good for having bandages checked and thats about it. They're a farce (that is probably due to the fact that they're scared to get sued, so what is there point?). Cuts that need cleaning and bandaged, they cen do. Anything that requires a doctors decision, they stay well clear of. Its like ringing nhs direct, all they have ever said, is, consult a doctor or go to the hospital.

Archived