My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking about sale threads - why don't people post in the thread when they want to buy instead of just sending a PM? By all means, PM the seller, but post in the thread as well so other people know what's happening.

Also, sellers - post that the item is sold and close the thread when it's done. The number of times I've posted about an item only to get a reply back saying "Oh, this thing? Sold that weeks ago."

Apparently my sister, who we struggle to support her college expenses and eventually medical school, has decided that she would rather spend the loan we worked hard to secure for her on a trip to Africa to do "God's Work". Only me and mother know about it, and my sister is suppose to tell father herself.

Basically, my sister is wasting her loan on going out and getting herself killed (we're talking somalia-like areas) and yet we're still paying for her tuition, her apartment, etc.

This is all happening whilst we are still sorting out our house after being gone for weeks due to smoke damage.

The isanity of the things my family does is beyond comprehension at times.

*fruitcage* *rickroll* of a plumber that the landlord insists on sending is useless.

3 days we've had no hot water, and thus, no shower. That, and we don't actually have a bath.

Its still not working right, and today he backed his van into my motorbike!

The bike has took a heavy knock on the handlebars and now the front end doesn't feel right. I suspect its jarred the bearings.

And the guy was all like "It'll be fine, I only knocked it over. Its not like I hit it at 30 or anything"

I simply said "yes, and if it isn't fine, you shall be paying for it to be repaired by my usual mechanic"

Useless specimen of humanity is useless.

Idiots who can't read. Yesterday, I went to a local mall for a little resupply, I loaded up, went over to the self-service cash registers... So there's this dumbass, looking nerdy so I'm thinking, he probably knows how letters look, right? Dumbass walks over to the cash register plastered with signs "CREDIT CARDS ONLY". I mean, there were three of those all over the machine! Dumbass scans two bottles of energy drink and... pulls out a fifty note and wonders where the *fruitcage* can he put it. I wanted to scream "CREDIT CARDS ONLY, YOU ILLITERATE *fruitcage*!", then punch him and set him on fire.

On a similar theme (but a number of years ago)....

Queing at supermarket checkouts. I always seemed to get stuck behind some woman who had her shopping scanned and loaded into bags. When she was presented with the bill, she'd then proceed to spend the next 5 minutes rummaging through her bag looking for her Cheque book. Once she'd found it, she'd spend the next 5 minutes filling it out! Now, she knew that she'd be paying the Bill with a Cheque, so why oh why didn't she have the Cheque book in her hand pre-filled out? When I go to the Checkout, I've got my wallet in my hand ready to pay cash! The times I wanted to punch these women are without number! There's more....

Back in the days when Pensions were paid out in cash (Thursdays), I used to dread going to the Post Office. Being stuck behind a line of old biddys who'd collect their Pensions and then couldn't decide how many stamps they wanted, etc really made my blood boil! Listen granny. Decide what the hell you want BEFORE you get there! Another thing. Why oh why do these sad old duffers insist on boring the Cashier to death with inane chatter? Nobody cares if your cat has bunions. The Cashier can't help. Try a Vet you butthole! While I'm on the subject of old gits (women again)......

You could be in a completely empty street. Then, from both ends a pair of biddys (complete with those two wheeled trollies) will walk towards each other. When they meet in the middle of this empty street, they ALWAYS stop and start talking to each other completely BLOCKING the pavement! OI, you sad old mingers. There are other people on this Planet. They don't want to be forced into the road where they may get run over by a truck! The times I wanted to pull out a gun and shoot these idiots are countless.

On a similar theme (but a number of years ago)....

Queing at supermarket checkouts. I always seemed to get stuck behind some woman who had her shopping scanned and loaded into bags. When she was presented with the bill, she'd then proceed to spend the next 5 minutes rummaging through her bag looking for her Cheque book. Once she'd found it, she'd spend the next 5 minutes filling it out! Now, she knew that she'd be paying the Bill with a Cheque, so why oh why didn't she have the Cheque book in her hand pre-filled out? When I go to the Checkout, I've got my wallet in my hand ready to pay cash! The times I wanted to punch these women are without number! There's more....

Back in the days when Pensions were paid out in cash (Thursdays), I used to dread going to the Post Office. Being stuck behind a line of old biddys who'd collect their Pensions and then couldn't decide how many stamps they wanted, etc really made my blood boil! Listen granny. Decide what the hell you want BEFORE you get there! Another thing. Why oh why do these sad old duffers insist on boring the Cashier to death with inane chatter? Nobody cares if your cat has bunions. The Cashier can't help. Try a Vet you butthole! While I'm on the subject of old gits (women again)......

You could be in a completely empty street. Then, from both ends a pair of biddys (complete with those two wheeled trollies) will walk towards each other. When they meet in the middle of this empty street, they ALWAYS stop and start talking to each other completely BLOCKING the pavement! OI, you sad old mingers. There are other people on this Planet. They don't want to be forced into the road where they may get run over by a truck! The times I wanted to pull out a gun and shoot these idiots are countless.

not forgetting the silent mobility scooters of death. lost count of the number of times i've almost been run down by one of those things, i however distinctly remember a few years ago twice being told to "watch where you're going". how *fruitcage* dare you! have consideration for other people on the pavement, cyclists aren't legally allowed to ride on the pavement yet they're far safer and more considerate than you! i would have thoroughly enjoyed going off on one, sadly i'm far too polite and wouldn't have wanted to have given them yet more to moan about 'the youth of today'

not forgetting the silent mobility scooters of death. lost count of the number of times i've almost been run down by one of those things, i however distinctly remember a few years ago twice being told to "watch where you're going". how *fruitcage* dare you! have consideration for other people on the pavement, cyclists aren't legally allowed to ride on the pavement yet they're far safer and more considerate than you! i would have thoroughly enjoyed going off on one, sadly i'm far too polite and wouldn't have wanted to have given them yet more to moan about 'the youth of today'

I'm pretty sure those things are illegal to use.

They're motorised vehicles, and therefore it's illegal to use them on the footpath (The clue is in the name, people!) just like it is illegal to ride a bike on the pavement (or drive a car or anything else expect walk there) and they're not roadworthy so it's illegal to use them on the road. By roadworthy, I of course mean that they don't meet the minimum requirements to be allowed on the road, they don't have lights, number plates, road tax, etc, etc...

By rights, they should be banned. A wheelchair is different, even the powered ones, but the users of these mobility scooter things wouldn't qualify to get one of them. Why? Because they don't need one.

Being fat is not a disability. It means you're lazy and lack willpower. There's a difference between letting yourself go a little and shopping for caftans because you don't fit in anything with a size on it.

It sickens me when they get up and walk around a shop or similar proving they're perfectly CAPABLE of walking, they're just too damn lazy.

Went to have a root canal done this morning. I have a really bad gag complex, which as always a nightmare to deal with. The dentist first tried numbing my mouth, then they tried the "laughing" gas. Despite being pretty much out of it, I still somehow managed to throw up a bit.

So, the dentist doing the procedure called my regular dentist to discuss the matter, and they concluded that removing the tooth, alongside my wisdom teeth, is the best way to go now. I also have to be completely sedated, just like when I had surgery.

So, I wasted a day getting prodded by numbing needles and filled with that accursed gas, all for nothing...

probably on benefits too, putting my taxes to good use.

I read today about a guy who won £10.3 million on the euro millions, still claiming over £6k a year plus a car every 3 years on benefits. And he thinks its perfectly ok.

The best one I saw was a guy who drove the mobility scooter thing up to a pub, parked it and walked inside. I was told he does it every day, for most of the day.

Surely on the way home he should be arrested for being drunk in charge of a vehicle?

My grandpa was once arrested for being drunk in charge of a horse. Way back in the day when it was all pretty harmless.

My rant is at my own stupidity. I hit myself in the face with a hot soldering iron. :/

It was slipping off the table, I went to grab it cause I thought the cat might have gone for the trailing lead, missed, flicked it into my face by said lead. :(

I am going to get myself a gas one I think.

Much hotter, I can repair things in the safe zone if needs be, and no pesky cable.

Worst of it is, my cat was nowhere near at the time. She was asleep in front of the wood burner.

Oh right.

One of my mates raves about his.

I might borrow it for a bit and see what I think. Car inverter is no good for me as I don't have a car. Everything I have for airsoft has to go in a rucksack.

Also, insert standard royal mail rant here. Battery and charger for new gun turned up while I was already at the skirmish I ordered them for.

Damn. It took me an hour of gun stripping, screw tightening, inspecting, fitting, shooting and other BS before I figured that overtightened output valve was to blame for my PPK's odd behavior.

I still have to re-thread the outer barrel, because the dummy threading is a bad joke.

Archived