My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

my Gas Soldering Iron is brill, plenty hot enough for airsoft use, the only problem they have is that they use their gas fill relatively quickly (I think a full tank on mine is 8mins of soldering time) but, they heat up near instantly, if you carry a can of lighter fluid are plenty enough to last most repairs.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being fat is not a disability. It means you're lazy and lack willpower. There's a difference between letting yourself go a little and shopping for caftans because you don't fit in anything with a size on it.

It sickens me when they get up and walk around a shop or similar proving they're perfectly CAPABLE of walking, they're just too damn lazy.

Yeah, how dare they not be completely unable to walk but still require a wheelchair.

Just because someone can manage to walk for short distances doesn't somehow mean they're able to go pole vaulting and are in a wheelchair due to being lazy, I can only recommend you refrain from judging people until a time when you are less ignorant. :rolleyes:

As it happens, I know quite a few, say, around 40 or 50, 'larger' people, of which 1, but a single 1, eats healthily and exercises regularly. I'm well aware that some people in mobility scooters ARE movement impaired, usually identified by the crutches they have with their mobility scooter.

However, for example, the man who lives on the corner of my street, claims disability benefits, drives into town on a mobility scooter. And in his spare time walks around the block and works part times as a mechanic...

'Are they fat because they are disabled, or are they disabled because they are fat', comfort eating's fairly easy for people to start doing and eventually becomes addicting, next thing they know they're 30st. and can barely breathe let alone walk.

It's a bit of a muddier issue than simply being a clear cut laziness/lack of willpower.

However, for example, the man who lives on the corner of my street, claims disability benefits, drives into town on a mobility scooter. And in his spare time walks around the block and works part times as a mechanic...

Report him for benefits fraud. He's stealing money from the government. Your tax money. My tax money. Everyone's tax money.

I'm serious. Phone them up and report him.

As for the rest of it - a mobility scooter is NOT a wheelchair. People in wheelchairs can't walk. Wheelchairs are LEGAL. Mobilitiy scooters, by rights, are illegal to ride on the road and illegal to ride on the footpath, therefore no one should be riding them.

Damn right phone them up.

My rant: teenage girls - namely my sister.

Ungrateful little gobshite has everything laid out for her, and pulled the whole "he's not my real dad, he can go get *fruitcage*ed " routine because she got caught out lying and going to a nightclub when she was supposed to be staying at a friends house (she's only 17).

Even though her biological father has been dodging the CSA and actually quit a job to avoid a measly £5 a week payment while our stepfather has raised her, clothed her, fed her, took her on holidays and paid a couple of hundred pounds for materials and equipment for her college course last year.

I want to take her out back and drown her in the pool TBH.

Our VP flew down to inform the R&D team I'm on that we're being disbanded in a few months, with a couple HR reps in tow to answer questions about our sacking.

On the very same day, the rental property that I live in was sold at auction, and a nice man came by that evening with my eviction notice. Apparently, it was in foreclosure since before I moved in.

The real "ouch" part is that this company is the only similar thing in the area and I'll have to move quite far to find work, but I'm required to stay at my current job for two months past past the eviction date in order to get my severance.

people who can't just say what they mean.

there's a guy on one of the other forums i'm on who has a habit of explaining his problem etc in a very cryptic and hazy manner over the space of about 5 posts, the result is like a riddle. i honestly feel a code breaker while trying to figure out what he's trying to say.

well the problem is that they have to have an investigator build a case proving they're cheating benefits and that takes time, I mean it's easy to say, it only takes 3 weeks to get enough footage to prove he's made a consecutive claim and has worked between stating that he's not working and isn't entitled to disability, but x that by the thousands of thousands of frauds, the few investigators and the more pressing claims to be investigated of illegal workers and sub-let housing benefits, I can see why.

My rant: teenage girls - namely my sister.

Ungrateful little gobshite has everything laid out for her, and pulled the whole "he's not my real dad, he can go get *fruitcage*ed " routine because she got caught out lying and going to a nightclub when she was supposed to be staying at a friends house (she's only 17).

Somehow this reminded me of "dad shooting ungrateful little gobshite's laptop" video.

well the problem is that they have to have an investigator build a case proving they're cheating benefits and that takes time, I mean it's easy to say, it only takes 3 weeks to get enough footage to prove he's made a consecutive claim and has worked between stating that he's not working and isn't entitled to disability, but x that by the thousands of thousands of frauds, the few investigators and the more pressing claims to be investigated of illegal workers and sub-let housing benefits, I can see why.

I didn't say I didn't understand why it happens, I said it's *suitcase*. Which it is.

try being disabled and needing the help and people looking at you like you are scrounging scum. ala my partner, he hates it.

I know what you mean, my friend matt didn't LOOK disabled at all, other than requiring crutches permanently, becuase of a a genetic birth defect wherein the bones in his legs malformed. He suffered multiple spiral fractures as a child and will probably never walk, people assume that he's 'just scrounging' becasue he isn't in a wheelchair or have an obvious case of down syndrome.

My hate for the day.

Housing Benefit Sub-letting.

For those that don't know, it's where multiple tenants of the same house will register at different addresses to claim multiple lots of housing benefit. For example 3 single adults in 3 separate houses = 3 lots of housing benefit. They will then all live in 1 house, and rent the other 2 houses out for profit. Scamming the benefits system is bad enough, but abusing it for profit is sickening.

Kwik fit. Saying a wheel was unfit to drive on. Going to another garage to get a new wheel, then having the mechanic (as kwik fit didn't have the wheel in stock), say it was fine. Go to another garage to have a second mot test (as kwik fit insisted they would not pass the car with that wheel on) and they say it was fine/safe (also it didn't even come up in the risk area but the egg in the tire did, which kwik fit did pick up; correctly). Also a bulb that kwik fit said wasn't working, clearly was.

Rant of the day:- Not having the courage to ask how to spell a word. Its a very old problem for me (a small problem, but it is still very annoying).

Archived