My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do what Judge Dredd would do. Others wise, they could do it again and again.....

New rant, not being decisive. The older I get, the less decisive I've become. When I was younger, I flew by the seat of my pants and life was so much simplier.

Just looked at the sellers profile, and it has a pic that I have seen as an avatar pic on here before.

Cannot remember who though.

EDIT: Seems he has several items that he has pulled and re-listed. Report ahoy!

Could be worse--a guy emailed me to let me know his house was robbed him of that very vest I was bidding on. He relisted it before my auction even ended and it sold for about twice my max bid, and he never cancelled the original item. Ebay refused to pull it, so it's still listed as something I "won" and need to pay for.

When you get a really good deal on Ebay there's always that chance that it was a little too good, and the seller will back out, usually with some sob story and a relist. Happened to me about four times now.

I've backed out of a deal once myself, when I was in a rush to get a particular phone dock and someone was trying to sell just it's empty box. Maybe it was my fault that I misread the intentionally misleading ad, but there's no way I was paying for that scrap of cardboard.

Airsoft game today. First minute: I walk into a hole in the floor like an idiot. Result: bruised and scraped thigh, scrape on hip, hurt like a *beep* for an hour and just a little less then. Yes, still hurts. I can walk, though. But whole four-hour game up the *albatross*... damn.

To say nothing of all seven gas guns going mental due to cold (it's 5 degrees Celsius here today).

Rant:- Zero one charging £390 for the snow wolf M41A, where as airsoft world and action hobbies charge £329 and "the shop at the grange" is £335. How can zero one justify charging £60/£55, more, than the other shops (maybe because they'll two tone it for you)?

Jumped off an outdoor staircase thing outside the pub at FAO's Anzio Camp while playing the zombie game today. Would have been fine except after landing my feet can't seem to keep up with the rest of me and go sprawling like a complete mong, resulting in bleeding horrible gravel rash to palm of left hand, right elbow, left knee, fingers on right hand; torn shirt and jacket sleeve on right arm... and worst of all, damage to the FPG and magazine (I'll need to buy a new plastic mag bottom, otherwise just a few scratches). Limped around the rest of the day, looking like I was halfway to being a zombie already...

Next time, I'll take the stairs like a sane person.

Rant:- Zero one charging £390 for the snow wolf M41A, where as airsoft world and action hobbies charge £329 and "the shop at the grange" is £335. How can zero one justify charging £60/£55, more, than the other shops (maybe because they'll two tone it for you)?

Physiotherapy for their staff. I mean if you stick your head that far up your *albartroth* then you're going to do yourself an injury

Jumped off an outdoor staircase thing outside the pub at FAO's Anzio Camp while playing the zombie game today. Would have been fine except after landing my feet can't seem to keep up with the rest of me and go sprawling like a complete mong, resulting in bleeding horrible gravel rash to palm of left hand, right elbow, left knee, fingers on right hand; torn shirt and jacket sleeve on right arm... and worst of all, damage to the FPG and magazine (I'll need to buy a new plastic mag bottom, otherwise just a few scratches). Limped around the rest of the day, looking like I was halfway to being a zombie already...

Next time, I'll take the stairs like a sane person.

Didn't realise it was you behind the username - was having a chat about all sorts after the game about all sorts, was the guy with the helmet cam (editting it at the moment).

I've not got much if anything to *badgeress* about at the moment - oh no, wait! KM-Head USP inner barrel marked on WGC as being compatible with sys 7 USP doesn't even fit the KSC rubber properly as the hop window length are different!

I'm infected with some serious strain of the flu, or a nuclear strength cold, or possibly solanum or some other evil *suitcase*. Whatever it is, my sinuses feel like they've been smashed into with a hammer and stuffed full of JB weld, I have a stonking headache, a throat full of razorblades and crushed glass, aching lungs and aching everything else.

The fun part? Due to my company forcibly driving out my colleague in Facilities for cost saving/their own ridiculous stupidity, and my boss being on a (well deserved, to be fair) skiing holiday, calling in sick is not an option. *fruitcage* the large majority of my life.

Didn't realise it was you behind the username - was having a chat about all sorts after the game about all sorts, was the guy with the helmet cam (editting it at the moment).

Yeah, I'm more obvious when I'm wearing one of my other loudouts, which has my forum username on the nametape and so on.

Seen your video on the FAO forum, it's awesome. :) Hope to see you on the next one.

I was actually shot in the eye, from a lucky burst that I stuck my head into (some jerk firing from a window across the street at least 100 feet away, whose rounds were still pulverizing the sheetrock behind me).

Funny thing was, I was wearing this at the time:

SDC10493.JPG

Somehow a BB found the tiny gap between the mask and goggles, and made it past the rubber seal at just the right angle to smack my lower eyelid. Luckily all I suffered was a painful bruise and temporary blurred vision.

Sweet Jesus, ouch!

I'm sure the "hit" sound was somewhere in the string of words that I shouted.

We were both in darkened second floor rooms in separate buildings, so I never got a look at the guy; I just crawled downstairs and slunk off to the safe zone to find one of our EMS types. There were dents in the mesh mask and small pockmarks in the X800 lens--400 FPS my hairy white *albatross*.

30m range and still enough power to dent that mesh and polycarbonate??? Someone's definitely running a hot gun. And why aiming for a head shot? *bramston pickle*.

Can't believe a round made it through that into your eye though. Probably only the massive overpower caused it to get through. Glad it turned out to be nothing serious.

Archived