My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine raided my toolbox and found some duck tape for that purpose.

Duck or duct? Trust me it makes such a difference :P

Though i find that if i told mine what she does in the bedroom when we are just talking normally she wouldn't believe me, that is the best when they don't even know how bad they can get ;)

'FireKnife'

The GF or the tape? :P

Not sure what your into lol, though i would quote a website from which i draw inspiration i don't think i would be allowed, not quite PG ;)

'FireKnife'

Definitely the tape.

She has her kinks, I have mine. Fortunately, there is a whole heap of overlap. ;)

Definitely the tape.

She has her kinks, I have mine. Fortunately, there is a whole heap of overlap.

Lucky you :P Mine is a bit more closed minded about it, however when she puts on the little items i suggest she really does change her mind ;)

It's the photo from the website where they sell 'em.

So you are saying you wouldn't? :P

'FireKnife'

she can be almost Victorian at times untill she gets an idea into her head

Mine is a bit too 'feminist' for her to think of doing anything that she thinks is 'degrading', i must admit i can half see where she is coming from but i am not 100% on all the things she complains about :P

'FireKnife'

Mine is a full blown feminist, admin for a feminist movement group etc.

Her thinking on the matter is "I like it, so I both deserve and demand to have it" no matter if it could be seen as degrading in a different context.

Her thinking on the matter is "I like it, so I both deserve and demand to have it" no matter if it could be seen as degrading in a different context.

Mine is a bit more 'that is degrading, why do men like to do it, just to show they are dominant', all i asked for was to give her a facial :P

But hey she has one of these 'when in the right mindset anything goes' ;). Easy to get her into that though.

'FireKnife'

You should be able to control the temperature on the boiler and set a max temp shouldn't you?

not really, seeing as i was in a telephone exchange. in my household we have proper taps ;)

If you look in the bottom of the sink you will find a device called a plug.

Use the plug to prevent the water from getting out of the sink then run the hot tap.

The cold bit, warm bit and hot bit will add together in the sink to make an average of a nice sink full of warm water.

Wash your hands in the warm water.

Pull out the plug.

one does not generally expect hot taps to dispense literally boiling water, and certainly not immediately. seriously this was proper boiling water, not just "ooh christ, that was a bit hot"

plus i was at work an hour past my finish time, so needless to say i was eager to Foxtrot Oscar home.

Almost got my thumb blown off while i was hunting boars with a bunch of friends in the states.

I was using a double barrel loaded with one heavy slug shot and a buck shell, the damn thing backfired and blown a nasty wound on my thumb, but luckily i was wearing safety glasses and the doc was able to fix the wound.

Car insurance, Suzuki Swift Sport - 2011 model 1600cc 125BHP, 35 year old male, home owner, no kids, inner city London, SDP fully comp, No more NCD, £1940.......OUCH!

FIAT 2002 Sciecento: 1.1, 23yr old male, one SP30 driving conviction, no NCD and accident last year (but not my fault), middle of nowhere in Aberdeenshire, fully comp, flat owner: £610 :P

Think you live in the wrong area ;)

'FireKnife'

I love my parents house for insurance, there has never been a reported car crime within 10 miles :P

My rant, car insurance companies that don't pay out when your bike is stolen. Police report filed, I was advised not to claim as my garage with a padLOCK apparently doesn't count as a LOCKed garage. So I paid £225/yr for them to not pay anyone for me not crashing, and not pay me when my motorbike is stolen. asshats.

Police report filed, I was advised not to claim as my garage with a padLOCK apparently doesn't count as a LOCKed garage. So I paid £225/yr for them to not pay anyone for me not crashing, and not pay me when my motorbike is stolen. asshats.

It is like you expect insurance companies to do anything, you poor misguided fool :P

Me, i just tell them to pay it out or i will take it to an investigation, both into the situation of the stolen bike and consumer complaints, amazing how easy it is to bring a company to code when it does wrong, especially as most of the guys and gals on the phone lines will fold when you stand up to them :)

'FireKnife'

My rant, car insurance companies that don't pay out when your bike is stolen. Police report filed, I was advised not to claim as my garage with a padLOCK apparently doesn't count as a LOCKed garage. So I paid £225/yr for them to not pay anyone for me not crashing, and not pay me when my motorbike is stolen. asshats.

That's clearly unreasonable. Fight it. Lawyer up if needs be. They get away with this kind of thing because no-one fights.

Back when I was at Uni I had a bike stolen for the locked Uni Accomodation bike sheds while I was away for the Easter break. My bike insurance refused to pay quoting part of the exclusions from the policy document "If left unattended for more than 24 hours..." - they neglected to quote the rest of the sentence "...outside a locked building", so I got my Uncle, a solicitor, to write a letter on my behalf pointing this out to them, and various other things. I had a cheque in my hand less than a week later.

Seriously, fight it, you'll probably win.

Indeed. Even the mention of getting regulatory bodies involved in these type of situations will get things into motion. I had an insurance thing once that ended up with a letter that went something along the lines of "Although we still feel we are not responsible to cover this incident here is the cheque anyway" Bunch of numpties.

Archived