My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I must have got lucky then.

I crashed my car, not my fault but still it was written off, got on to the car insurance people and had it sorted with a quote for my car at £1400, £300 more than i found it for and got a cheque within the week. :P

Then got back on the road with only a charge of £50 on their behalf to update the records and increase the policy to the 'slightly' faster car. Odd but i still hope i never have to go through it again.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car insurance, Suzuki Swift Sport - 2011 model 1600cc 125BHP, 35 year old male, home owner, no kids, inner city London, SDP fully comp, No more NCD, £1940.......OUCH!

FIAT 2002 Sciecento: 1.1, 23yr old male, one SP30 driving conviction, no NCD and accident last year (but not my fault), middle of nowhere in Aberdeenshire, fully comp, flat owner: £610 :P

Think you live in the wrong area ;)

'FireKnife'

pfft.

1.8 astra coupe SE2, mods as listed: exhaust, intake, GSI bumper, retrofitted xenon lights, irmscher rear spats, rear tints. all declared. 20 year old male, 3 years NCB, living in a large village.... £720 fully comp :D

looking forward to seeing what it'll be this year, although i'm kinda hoping i'll be able to find a nice honda prelude type S before my renewal date :)

23 years old, married (with the wife on the policy as a named driver), 3 years NCD, 1x sp30 for speedings, 2003 Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci 130bhp, no mods. (although i'm looking into a decat and remap :F) £750/year for tpft :<

living in a small ish villiage, but sadly i do 15,000 miles a year (drive 50 miles to and from work every day, 5.5 days a week)

For me,

Living at home in a good area, with gates on the house & a secuirity company that patrols the area

Garage

3 years no claims

About 5K miles per year

2009 Ford Fiesta Titainum 1.4 5 Door - £2100 per year fully comp

1989 Land Rover Defender 90 2.5L V8 £650 per year fully comp

2003 Land Rover Defender 90 2.5L TD5 £2000 per year fully comp

1999 Toyota Supra 2.0L Turbo - £1200 per year fully comp

All from genuine 'about to buy' quotes from Admiral.

Not too sure how it all makes sense but hey.

Well the first time i looked at insurance this year i kept getting quotes of £1100 odd for my car (2002 Fiat Seciento) after one SP30 and one accident but after some shopping around that came down to £610, just need to get out there and really look for the best, though the highest quote i got was £5630 :o

'FireKnife'

So, there's subway station getting built nearby, and it requires some serious plumbing work RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY WORK. The noise drives me insane, even with the windows closed, I don't have air conditioning so I have to open the windows when it gets hot... I'm gonna go postal soon.

Mike West: I know how you feel, a few years ago the council decided to start digging up the pavement right outside my house at 8am. This was made worse by the fact that I had just finished my last night shift before 3 days off at 6:30 and had just fallen asleep.

Although I got my own back by finding out that several fireworks + gaffa tape + the onsite portaloo = lots of mess

Recently I've noticed numerous food and drink I like has had their recipes messed with thereby changing the flavours so I don't like them anymore. Oh well. At least I still have vodka. They can't mess that up.

Damn, again i have nothing to put here aside weather, rain again, joy. :P

Plus why is it when the rain is here i get called to the furthest outdoor building? Where i have to wear a huge hi-vis jacket while all the machines make it to warm and hard to breathe properly :P

'FireKnife'

Recently I've noticed numerous food and drink I like has had their recipes messed with thereby changing the flavours so I don't like them anymore. Oh well. At least I still have vodka. They can't mess that up.

Oh yes you can. There is such a thing as "wedding vodka", and I suspect it's made in batches of 100 half-liter bottles from 20-liter barrels of industrial ethanol and tap water. Christ, this thing is disgusting, and coupled with the usual "wedding musicians" (you need to drink yourself unconscious in order not to strangle those talentless hacks) it makes "traditional Polish weddings" a living hell. Even if it's not your wedding.

Mike West: I know how you feel, a few years ago the council decided to start digging up the pavement right outside my house at 8am. This was made worse by the fact that I had just finished my last night shift before 3 days off at 6:30 and had just fallen asleep.

Although I got my own back by finding out that several fireworks + gaffa tape + the onsite portaloo = lots of mess

That sounds interesting, although not as interesting as what the FX guys did to the director of photography on the set of one movie here. The guy had persistent bowel problems, so they rigged a couple of squibs to a pressure switch and put that under the portaloo seat. Once he sat down to take a dump - BOOM.

Then, there was that thing with a squib rigged to rear drive light...

Unless it is one of those weird Subway outlets that looks like a station? In which case, FOOD :P

But i bet not only that but it doesn't go anywhere near your house, so it is just a bugger.

No, that kind of Subway is already there. And the underground line doesn't go near my house yet - it'll take them four to six years to get there and build a station.

But... Imagine your shortened commute when it's finished!

See good in bad.

Sure, that'll happen. Eventually. In four years or so, and during that time they will dig a lot of huge holes on the way from my home to work, paralyzing traffic and forcing me to find new methods of getting to work. If I don't go nuts first.

I do feel sorry for you Mike_West but hey that is like here in Aberdeen. I am looking to move with the missus when she is done at Uni, however this won't happen until 2014 but in the same year (about 2 months after i look into leaving) they will open the full size swimming pool in Aberdeen, and i like my swimming :(

Plus i looked into getting a huge place called Amadeus in Aberdeen (called the 'gay bar' up until it closed down many years ago) on the rent and seeing if i could do an indoor site, however based on it's situation that looks to be a no :(

'FireKnife'

mike, I was only joking, I realise it must be a true ball ache for you :)

Plus i looked into getting a huge place called Amadeus in Aberdeen (called the 'gay bar' up until it closed down many years ago)

'FireKnife'

"what are you up to this Sunday?"

"I'm going to the old gay bar and get sprayed with white stuf by 30+ men dressed in camo. Why?"

":o"

"WAIT! That came out wrong!"

"sure..."

"what are you up to this Sunday?"

"I'm going to the old gay bar and get sprayed with white stuf by 30+ men dressed in camo. Why?"

" :o"

"WAIT! That came out wrong!"

"sure..."

You are welcome to cum if you like :P

Plus 30 would be a good day up in Aberdeen (players not gay men bukkake) :(

'FireKnife'

I'll dig out my DPM thong!

Didn't spetsnazdave have one of those. :P

Oh *suitcase* he might get the pics out again ;)

Anyway having walked to the furthest point away from the office were i work in the complex i work in i get soaked on the way back, and that was after spending 2 hours putting Office 2010, SP3 and IE8 on a Dell with a 20GB hard drive and 768 RAM, we seriously need an update on that one. Think i might have it when we do, see how many shots it takes to crack it.

'FireKnife'

Got called up for a job interview by an agency that found my CV on a job board.

"Great", I thought, and cut my decorating job short for today. Thinking that a chance of a permanent job would make up for half a days pay I lost today.

I get home, shower, shave and iron shirt, and am just having a coffee and checking I have my ID and stuff and I get a call saying that due to a mix up, the job was filled yesterday. :(

Archived