My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I get home, shower, shave and iron shirt, and am just having a coffee and checking I have my ID and stuff and I get a call saying that due to a mix up, the job was filled yesterday.

Hate when that happens. Especially after taking time out of ones own day :(

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst walking back to the office from a meeting just across the road, a black cab soaked me from waist down by aquaplaning on a pool of stagnant water.

My jeans now stink and I have to go the tube.

yeah i got that from some knob in an audi A4 estate. would be the *fruitcage* audi drivers, wouldnt it? <_<

i was wearing a bloody high vis, he clearly saw me, and he clearly aimed for the puddle. i felt like lobbing a weighty pair of sidecutters at him.

i honestly don't understand how some people get off on making other people's lives worse for no good reason. i mean, what has he gained by soaking me while i'm trying to do my job? nothing.

Shop just called to let me know that both my cars--my daily driver Stag and my backup/foul weather/girlfriend's get-to-work Prelude--need full tranny rebuilds or replacements.

Worst part is that I'm broke from getting evicted and moving into a more expensive place last week, and to top it off I'm being sacked at the end of the month and haven't found a new job yet.

Silver lining: it just dawned on me that it may be the perfect time to put a proper manual gearbox in the Triumph.

It makes me giggle that your daily driver is an old British car, and your backup is a newer Japanese one!

Although, I own a Nissan, and this has totally destroyed all my faith in Japanese automotive engineering, so I should probably shut up!

Mmmm, the radiator tank in my 1997 Audi a6 is leaking like crazy, left home with one full tank plus 1 gallon backup bottle of water and got back home after my 17 mile trip all empty with steam comming out from the bonnet.

Behold, the future is here, a true hybrid running on water and a lil bit of fossil fuel. .

Surely it's some kind of heresy to NOT have a proper gearbox in a classic British car?

Agreed--it was actually a factory manual, converted to automatic along with an engine swap by some misguided soul. Sadly, it looks like I'm stuck with the slushbox since changing the flywheel and driveshaft pushes a conversion out of my (nonexistent) budget.

It makes me giggle that your daily driver is an old British car, and your backup is a newer Japanese one!

Although, I own a Nissan, and this has totally destroyed all my faith in Japanese automotive engineering, so I should probably shut up!

My commute is really short, and old cars like to be driven!

Not counting my current stable or cars I actually had repaired: two Nissans, an Acura, a SAAB, an Audi, three Fords, a Chevy, one Hyundai, two Toyotas, and three Honda/Acuras have all passed away while in my possession--so by my standards the only "reliable" car I've ever had was the Beetle based Speedster replica. You could do major repairs on that thing on the side of the freeway, for the cost of lunch.

Mmmm, the radiator tank in my 1997 Audi a6 is leaking like crazy, left home with one full tank plus 1 gallon backup bottle of water and got back home after my 17 mile trip all empty with steam comming out from the bonnet.

Behold, the future is here, a true hybrid running on water and a lil bit of fossil fuel. .

Uh oh, that's what finally killed my '98 A6. At great expense I replaced the radiator, hoses, and overflow tank but it continued to overheat until I finally sold it for scrap.

Fun fact: The thermostat on that car is conveniently located behind the timing belt.

Uh oh, that's what finally killed my '98 A6. At great expense I replaced the radiator, hoses, and overflow tank but it continued to overheat until I finally sold it for scrap.

Fun fact: The thermostat on that car is conveniently located behind the timing belt.

Oh that's going to hurt the wallet...i'll take it to a service shop this weekend and see if i can get it fixed. And weirdly, the readings from the gauge was always normal, it just leaks, i could see water dripping down from the area under the water tank at an alarming rate...

Earlier today i was forced to pull over and refill ,while waiting for the boiling water to cool abit, a yellow porsche drove pass me very slowly and the guy in the car was laughting.

Yeah yeah, very funny, you and your yellow cockster ... :locked:

But he was in a yellow Porsche, so he has already lost at life...

Wait people actually bought those? I thought they were like a Saw sequel or a film starring Danny Trejo? An example to others of how bad you can *fruitcage* up. :P

'FireKnife'

Really?

Having driven a few I have to say the sweetest to drive are the Carrera 2S and the GT3 RS.

Neither have a turbo.

The turbo is a nice car but at the asking price there are many other cars I would rather have.

In their price brackets the C2S and GT3RS make a lot of sense.

I'm hoping all the steam clouded your vision and the car that actually went by was a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruf_CTR, in which case, it was the only choice of colour.

Because, who can be legally sane and buy a yellow Porsche?

Those with a life didn't quite worked out as hoped but still wants a porsche and goes 'ahh, any porsche will do..And oooh, the yellow one is sexy, it's called racinggelb! '

So top of the models page---------- Gayman and Cockster. I bet he's got a bottle of exotic mineral water sitting by his ‘luxor Beige' dashboard as well. Something like ' Fiji's delight' or ..'Eau de Iguanavion'

First, I'd prefer it if you didn't use the term "gay" pejoratively, it's the sign of an ignorant bigot with a substandard vocabulary.

Second, as of 20:16 today you actually edited the post and left the bigoted comment in, why?

Third, the Cayman has a lovely feel to the steering and the chassis that has a delicacy and poise that you don't find in a lot of sports cars, add to that the mid engine layout and the stiffness provided by the tin top and you have a brilliant car.

It actually stands up against the 911 since for a real driver the joy is about feel and they feel different.

To add some light-heartedness to all of this it turns out my TM Series 70 is in the same configuration as the one used by Tom Selleck in Magnum P.I.

Damn, now i have to grow a moustache and abuse a short guy called Higgins :P

'FireKnife'

Archived