My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

i like dodo juice. i always use their sour power shampoo, smells great, cleans well and always leaves a better shine than the meguiars stuff my dad uses on his civic.

never used their proper wax since i've still got a damn great tin of collinite 915, but i bought some of their need for speed cleaner wax stuff and it seemed pretty good for when you can't be bothered to do a full polish and wax

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to use Meg's NXT shampoo and AG super resin polish and finish it off with last touch.

I still have 5l of snow foam concentrate and a load of waxing and cleaning products around here if you want it (North Kent) postage heavy as a *bramston pickle*.

I was mostly asking gunmane but the question could just as easily apply to FK.

Gunmane, those are a lot of reasons why finding someone would be difficult but no reasons why it should be impossible.

I would (if you don't mind) offer some advice:

Accept that dating is a skill like any other, not doing it means that you don't get good at it.

Fear of failure is the greatest of the barriers to performance.

Accept that as you learn you will fail while you get the hang of it and find your groove.

Get on the internet, meet girls, be honest with them.

Things will go badly - don't fret - they go badly for everyone but in a regular developmental cycle you learn over a number of years and as a child.

You will be on an accellerated program.

Your performance will improve and your confidence will rise with it. They are inexticably linked. Eventually you will have the confidence and experience to be yourself and once you reach that stage it is just a matter of waiting until you meet the right girl (about 1 in 5000 meet so many of your subconscious criteria that they might as well be perfect - even more will be "good enough").

There will be a lot of heartache but it will probably be worth it.

Don't feel bad about the girls you "practice" on, they are getting valuable experience and a free dinner : D

Stunt: Thats very generous, cheers. Sadly i'm nowhere near north kent, and moving north soon (around york way) but if i'm ever down i'll give you a shout.

Any reason you're not using it? i recall you quite enjoyed your cars...

While I do appreciate the advice Stunt, I have to mention that back in middleschool/highschool years, I often was the one having to say similar advice to fellow classmates. Ironically, despite having no experience, I found myself at the same time quite good at cheering up individuals who either just broke up or were hesitant, mostly girls that confided to me about their problems.

Of course, I always helped them move on to someone else, never once put myself forth. I was really just out of the loop, not really interested in pursuing social interaction.

I sound a bit contradictory, don't I? :D

Anyways, I'm young as people say, even though I feel old/out of place for my generation. Do not even get me started on lack of a career/life plan (I wash carts, always have, probably always will).

Back on actual rant for topic: Drunk dumbasses who take more than 3 hours to play nine holes. Freaking kept me and the guy running the proshop stuck at the course till around 8pm, when the other carts were all in before 6. Add to really slow day with constant rain. :angry:

Tink - No real reason, I just use different stuff for the Honda, the paint is totally different.

The snow foam is no use since I have moved I can't park near enough my house to get the presure washer in range.

Gunmane - Cool, I was in the same place as you at school, all girl friends no girlfriends. I struggled with human interaction all through my life until I met my wife.

She is a cousellor and after living with me for a while she asked if I had asperger's. Turns out I have.

Everything seems obvious in retrospect.

Life has a way of turning out OK, just don't let your life be a self - fulfilling prophesy. If you act like a victim you will make yourself a victim.

One of my most memorable quotes has always been

"I feel defeated, because I defeat myself."

If you already think you've failed, you will. If you go up to a girl and think, she's awesome but she'd never be interested in me. You'll never ask and never know. took me 4 years to ask my current gf and turns out she felt the same way. And we're 'perfect' for each other, which as stunt pointed out, is approximately a 1:5,000 chance each.

Incidentally the approximate odds of us both deciding the other is perfect are 1:25,000.

Feel defeated?

There are 6,800,000,000 people in the world

which have an average of say 5 'serious' relationships (some have many more, some have 1 or none) - there's no solid estimate around so I'm guessing based on my information across multiple continents

so that means, there are approx. 34,000,000,000 relationships.

the odds of 2 people fitting 'perfect' 1:25,000

13,600,000 relationships will be with 2 people who see the other person as perfect.

All you gotta go is be in one of those 13,600,000 relationships. I like those odds.

Gunmane - Cool, I was in the same place as you at school, all girl friends no girlfriends. I struggled with human interaction all through my life until I met my wife.

She is a cousellor and after living with me for a while she asked if I had asperger's. Turns out I have.

Everything seems obvious in retrospect.

ha! i know the feeling. i was diagnosed as a probable aspie as a child, my folks never followed up on it but i've always displayed difficulty with social interaction, displaying emotion and i've always had very restricted and obsessive interests.

i also had quite a lot of female friends, quite a few of whom i now know for a fact wanted me and i used to kick myself for not acting on it.

gunmane, you'll find someone eventually. i guess i'm quite lucky with my current girlfriend in that i pretty much stumbled upon her, i've never really gone out looking for someone, frankly i don't think i'd know how.

I think society has trained our minds to fear being "alone".

Everyone wants to be with someone else, if we're not in a relationship, people often see it as a sign of failure of some sort.

It's worse when all your peers/social circle are all settled down, you're constantly being invited to dinner parties where the host wants to match make, you get the feeling they feel sorry for you :no:

I'm 35 this year, I've been chasing skirt for 20 years now, I've had multiple failed relationships.

I've very much regretted not not going for girl B because girl A had a bigger rack and was prepared to drop her knickers on a first date.

But, as I've become older, all this has just become, well....meh.

Enjoy life, do what makes you happy (unless it's illegal :busted_blue: )

Just date girl A and girl B.

I don't think less of people who are single through choice but I do feel like coaching people who are single through a defeatist attitude or some other reason.

When my mate came back from Afghan he was a bit down. In helping him feel better about himself I discovered a very dark and nasty corner of the internet where he could meet girls that liked his missing foot/stump.

He got a confidence boost out of it and some fascinating stories about amputee fetishism.

Just date girl A and girl B.

Yep. Not even sure what we are going on about but this always works.

Anyway, hmmm, i don't think i have anything to put here, aside from the local airsoft site not being open anymore, but that is really just an incentive to make my own. :P

'FireKnife'

My ID card expired two weeks ago. Now my bank doesn't allow me to perform any online money transfers without having a valid ID document in their database. And I have to pay the bills soon.

I have no clue how to do it and if those idiots responsible for issuing IDs *fruitcage* up, I'm cooked.

Man the last 24 were exhausting - had tons of work yesterday and took some home with me. I was still going through some documents till 3AM when the building started shacking - there was an 5.8 earthquake with an epicenter around 15km outside of the city. Nothing that serious here in Sofia though - mainly damaged roofs and fallen chimneys on many of the old buildings, damaged cars on the streets bellow and cracks in some buildings that had to be evacuated. Many other people got scared and spent the rest of the night outside. Another city nearby got hit harder though - - around 60% of the buildings there suffered some form of damage, their powerplan had to be shut down as one of the cooling towers collapsed. So there were a few stroger aftershocks till 6AM when I finally went to sleep. And had to get up an houre and a half later to take my babygirl to the doctor and after that had to go on a funeral with my wife. Just as the funeral ended it started to rain and hail so heavily that driving was almost impossibe and left quite a lot of streets flooded for a couple of hours. Damn! Everything's calmed down now though so I hope no more "supprises" for the day.

I just got told by an ex girlfriend from a few years ago that she had to break up with a guy because "He wasn't you".

What am I supposed to do with that?

Walk up to the bloke she split up with a do the 'damn i'm better than you' dance? :P

Actually i could do that to some of you on here (only joking) ;)

'FireKnife'

And what is the "Damn I'm better than you" dance?

Think of the thing the girl said to you, your favourite 'hell yeah' song and do what comes natural :P

Lots of in the face oh yeah's and crotch thrusts, bit like the things Duff Man does.

'FireKnife'

I had one of those moments, plus everytime i meet a dead set geardo that thinks he wont get taken out by me i just do this to him when it happens :P

One occasion i got a 'well done' for finally annoying a hardcore, know it all geardo enough for him to leave and never return.

'FireKnife'

My new annoyance for today is work cancelling the one day holiday I booked off for my sons 1st birthday just because the Olympics is on. If they think I'm working that day then they can go fornicate with themselves using a sharp stick with rusty nails poking through it

I just got told by an ex girlfriend from a few years ago that she had to break up with a guy because "He wasn't you".

What am I supposed to do with that?

depends who ended it i guess. if it was her just be thankful you're not stuck with someone quite so fickle. if it was you then take it as a nice ego boost

Just got both my radios out of the magical box 'o' ###### as i'm thinking of using them soon for a road trip, and then the fireball weekender, only to discover that neither of them work...

both appear to receive fine but neither transmit (as far as i can tell)...

Fail. :<

Archived