My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Correct, both times.

However.

Why not have the phone insured for things that rooting doesn't lead to?

Phone bricked due to rooting - not insured.

Phone bricked due to faulty memory controller (something similar has been happening to Galaxy Notes with official ICS upgrades) - Insured.

Phone melts due to overclocking - not insured.

Rooted phone gets physically smashed - insured.

Come on, it can't be hard.

And there is still the Sky BS with Sky Go working on jailbroken iPhones but not rooted Android devices.

Anyway, I have now rooted my brand new G-Note (arrived at 0830 this morning) and installed a custom hybrid Phone/Tablet ROM.

If that breaks I know what I am going to do.

Killing spree.

>implying that insurance companies won't try to avoid paying out if they can find an excuse, no matter how lame

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw a girl in town with skintight leggings and a bulging sanitary product the size of a brick in her pants.

Granted, i was looking at her backside as she walked past, but some people really need to learn how to dress for the situation.

Eye bleach to table two.

Just saw a girl in town with skintight leggings and a bulging sanitary product the size of a brick in her pants.

Granted, i was looking at her backside as she walked past, but some people really need to learn how to dress for the situation.

Eye bleach to table two.

Whale sized girl or not :P

Though i do see what you mean, skintight leggings is not good most of the time, but especially at that time.

As for me i have a dilemma, what pistol do i buy next, too many choices :P

'FireKnife'

Why is it the only pistol i want to buy is out of stock in the UK at the good retailers, seriously i finally work out what one i want and can't damn well find one <_<

Ah well, will just have to wait, hate waiting :P

'FireKnife'

What's annoyed me? Realising I've got to start getting up at stupid o clock again to go back to work with a bunch of *fruitcage*nuggets after the long weekend

At least you got the days off. Up here instead of two days off i have to work both and then get one day to take of some other time during the week. :(

Ah well, luckily my job isn't that bad so i don't mind too much. :P

'FireKnife'

I know, first world problems right?

Tell me about it, don't you hate it when the butler doesn't bring the car close enough to the steps and you have to walk down and away from the covering at the front door and get all of 5ml worth of rain on you :P

As for me, well my Dad comes back today after 4 days away, i was enjoying my Xbox on the 42" HD television, ah well back to the 21" non-HD in the kitchen. Also how come my Zavvi order has an 'estimated dispatch date' of the 14th of June when it is in stock and i ordered it on the Tuesday, surely it would be sent out by the end of today at the latest?

'FireKnife'

I was looking forward to finishing my book, and half the screen on my week-old Kindle had stopped working.

£100 of technology versus £5 of paper, print and backing card. Guess which one yu should have gone with :P

'FireKnife'

Amazon will replace that Kindle for free, and your Kindle account will remember exactly what page you were on.

I've had two replaced now, both for free, the first one while I was in Afghan... Their customer service is legendary.

Well they are under warranty i would assume so they would no choice but to honour it.

Still a bugger, but at least a book doesn't run out of batteries or make you wait for a replacement to be sent :P

Plus you can flog it on eBay when you are done.

'FireKnife'

The second Kindle Amazon replaced was technically out of warranty, but they just replaced it for free anyway.

I'm so tired of debating the merits of Kindle with people.

Everyone I know who said "Oh, well I like the feel of a book and turning pages" and all that stuff and then actually got a Kindle later loves the Kindle and wouldn't go back.

Every. One.

I've never had a battery problem with mine, I'm a big reader and have the cover with a light powered by the Kindle battery and it still lasts weeks on a single charge. Plus it only takes a few hours to charge up, using the same charger as a smartphone.

And when I finish my book in the middle of a long train/plane/whatever journey I've got another 300+ to choose from without having to have a team of Sherpas to carry my entire library around with me...

But each to their own.

I resisted getting one for a long time--didn't like how the first e-readers couldn't open .txt and .pdf files, and since I was commuting by plane it seemed like I was always ascending or descending (no electronic devices). But yeah, I was wondering how I got by without one by the second day.

It's odd that the screen failed without dropping it or anything, but I do feel much better now that they're rushing out a replacement.

Tell me about it, don't you hate it when the butler doesn't bring the car close enough to the steps and you have to walk down and away from the covering at the front door and get all of 5ml worth of rain on you :P

Wouldn't know mate. I am always sopping through due to having a bike. ;)

Pump is sorted, in case you were wondering. :P

Wouldn't know mate. I am always sopping through due to having a bike. ;)

Pump is sorted, in case you were wondering. :P

Surely you would ask him to pedal it for you while you sat in the sidecar, with a big tarp over you to keep the rain off :P

Ah, my fears are laid to rest then, that is good.

As for the Kindle well i can see why but to me it is another unnecessary luxury that really doesn't offer an amazing improvement over traditional paper. But hey if people have the spare cash to spend then fair enough, i spend my spare on airsoft stuff. :P

'FireKnife'

...As for the Kindle well i can see why but to me it is another unnecessary luxury that really doesn't offer an amazing improvement over traditional paper. But hey if people have the spare cash to spend then fair enough, i spend my spare on airsoft stuff. :P

'FireKnife'

Kindle was cheaper than the last hardback I bought (refurbished ad-supported non-touch Kindle 4, less discount for signing up with Amazon Local):

Item(s) Subtotal: $69.00

Shipping & Handling: $7.97

Super Saver Discount: -$7.97

Promotion Applied: -$20.00

-----

Total Before Tax: $49.00

Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00

-----

Grand Total: $49.00

Each to their own but i just prefer a book, something solid i can read. But i do see the reason for the Kindle, just like all things it has it's issues. Like iron sights over electric sights, the iron sights are always on there but can be a bugger to use at night :P

'FireKnife'

Archived