My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

We tried that. It was called Australia.

So it works then :P

My reply to this is what about the rights of the victim not to be murdered/raped/assaulted etc? They tend not to have an awnser to that one

Yep, but they are stupid remember ;)

However if we did televise it then i could see even more outrage, maybe we could drop the protestors in too, if they care that much about their rights and think murders and rapists are equal then meet them close up and see how they feel.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least my idea was leave the food and places intact, my mates was more give them a walled off town, a knife each, one days worth of food and and see what happened, using the dead criminals as food for dog food tins or the like. :unsure:

'FireKnife'

and that is why i buy my phone outright, network unlocked, and pay a measly £10 for 250 minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited interwebs. It's great.

Also works out cheaper over the long run.

You're not joking. To get the 32bg free it would end up costing just under £1500. I'm getting tempted to dust off my credit card and buy one sim free.

Best move i ever did, away from a phone contract. Got my phone on amazon for about £300, then spend £10 a month for literally as much internets as i can use (provided you're not tethering, or downloading the entire internets each day).

If you pm me your address i'll get a simcard sent, gives you a fivers free credit when you register it :)

Rant today:

Got another interview oop north, in huddersfield, at a vauxhall garage. Great! says I, i'll go after the on in York on tuesday and all will be grand.

Sadly not, the chap interviewing me isnt available on tuesday.

So i've got to drive to york on tuesday, then back, and to and from work wednesday and thursday, then drive to huddersfield and back on friday.

Joy.

(also, no wonder i've done 8000 miles since christmas :S)

That would actually give me a reason to retune my tv.

My current annoyance is orange.

My phone is due an upgrade so I went on the website and saw an iphone 4s 32gb with an upgrade offer price of £5. Added it to the basket with a plan at the same price as I pay now and it jumped up to £270. I contacted them and was told that I would have to sign up to a £51 (+vat) 24 month contract to get one for free.

That is what I call the iTax.

Get a Galaxy SIII or Note or HTC Sensation or One X or any of the handful of better phones out there sim free for about 200 quid less than an iPhone.

I get unlimited data (including tethering and such) for peanuts.

and that is why i buy my phone outright, network unlocked, and pay a measly £10 for 250 minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited interwebs. It's great.

Also works out cheaper over the long run.

Is that giffgaff? Any good?

What are you on that gets you tethering too?

My rant is one of my MP7 mags has very confusingly decided to stop working properly and I cannot for the life of me work out why :angry:

Is that giffgaff? Any good?

Yeah, its giffgaff. I've had no issues, a few days when the website breaks, but apart from that its been grand. Plus with the introduction of 'recurring goodybags' (known as a rolling monthly contract to the rest of us) it should be even easier. Runs on the O2 network (same as tesco's mobile) and i get great download speeds at work. no lag at all on streaming music or video.

That is what I call the iTax.

Get a Galaxy SIII or Note or HTC Sensation or One X or any of the handful of better phones out there sim free for about 200 quid less than an iPhone.

I'm not a fan of the Galaxy's My mum has an S2 and a mate at work has an S3. They just feel odd in my hand due to them being thin and very flimsy. I'm also not a fan of HTC's UI. Maybe they've changed it with recent versions but 6-12 months back I really couldn't get on with it compared to my Xeperia.

The main reason I'm wanting to got with an iphone is compatibility and to cut down on the amount of ###### I carry. I still use an ipod as my car has an ipod/phone compatible stereo where as if I wanted to use my phone for it I'd have to get an aux in and control it all from the phone rather than the head unit.

Also can't fault the residuals on an iphone. If I'd have gone for an iphone 4 when I got my x10 I'd have a phone worth about 3 times the amount of my x10. Going sim free just adds to the value.

Best move i ever did, away from a phone contract. Got my phone on amazon for about £300, then spend £10 a month for literally as much internets as i can use (provided you're not tethering, or downloading the entire internets each day).

If you pm me your address i'll get a simcard sent, gives you a fivers free credit when you register it :)

just had a look on the giffgaff site and the prices look great. Good to hear they're a decent network too.

I'm waiting out my contract with orange now so I'll not need a new sim until that ends in two months. I'll PM you for the sim card though, Won't hurt to have it ready.

I'm not a fan of the Galaxy's My mum has an S2 and a mate at work has an S3. They just feel odd in my hand due to them being thin and very flimsy. I'm also not a fan of HTC's UI. Maybe they've changed it with recent versions but 6-12 months back I really couldn't get on with it compared to my Xeperia.

The main reason I'm wanting to got with an iphone is compatibility and to cut down on the amount of ###### I carry. I still use an ipod as my car has an ipod/phone compatible stereo where as if I wanted to use my phone for it I'd have to get an aux in and control it all from the phone rather than the head unit.

or just do what i do and keep the ipod in the glove box at all times. if i need music on the go i've got my desire HD, which frankly sounds better anyway.

iphone (and apple in general) pricing is a complete joke!

Ah good old Apple, give them another lets say 5 years and they will go back to the same place before all the iEverything craze, the expensive playthings of douchebag teens in California.

Now that we have the same, but cheaper and faster proccessing speed Apple will be left out again, no matter how many new gadgets.

Anyway my rant, went to buy a PX4 second hand then before i could even send off a message to ask about it, it was sold. Damn it. Ah well more cash in the TM MP7 fund.

'FireKnife'

Yes, but it doesn't have the nice shiny Apple logo on it and it wasn't hand prepared in California (California in China that is).

However i do remember when i tried to run Windows XP on a new (well new for two years ago) iMac, and it couldn't handle it. A new Mac couldn't handle Windows XP, that worries me when i have a computer that is ten years old and it runs XP without skipping a beat.

Plus lets face it Mac are missing a huge chunk of the market, they are called gamers and they spend billions a year making a system that will run the latest and greatest without compromise, but Mac are never going to tap in to that.

'FireKnife'

Yep, basically it is like those little shops (Mac) that only serve local produce and nothing by a brand with a Tesco or Asda next to them (PC). But still a few people will go to the little shop while the rest, who want cheaper items that do the same job go to the Tesco / Asda.

As for the iPhone what is the point, the iTunes thing is just their way of saying no you must pay for our overpriced ######, i don't believe that whole 'stops piracy' thing as it contains a base convertor to convert any .mp3 (even illegally downloaded ones) into .acc files so why bother when you could just download it off a free site then convert and transfer it? Why not just get a cheaper smart phone and skip the trouble of downloading iTunes and converting things.

Though i suppose the one advantage of Apple, they make great ideas, charge too much for them then everyone else comes along and makes them cheaper.

'FireKnife'

I'm not an apple fanboi, I got my iPhone cos it was a free upgrade and I was willing I test the hype. I've not jail broken it, I don't think I need to. I don't have any music on it...

Shock! Why get an iPhone if you don't listen to music? I wanted a user-friendly smartphone, and that's what it does well.

Next upgrade will be another android though if apple go the way of the rumours an change the plug socket on the phone.

ITS FAR TOO *fruitcage* HOT!

Stop going to Dubai then :P

Don't know what you are on about though it is cold and freezing here but it always is :(

'FireKnife'

EDIT: Weather looks good for Sunday, could go skirmishing, oh wait i am on 24hr damn call, well maybe next time, oh wait this is the only week in the last 6 that we have had a reasonable weekend here, guess it will be a few more months then. Though i am sure the place wont go wrong if it take a day out, i am sure of it (for those asking the site is 80 miles away and about 60 from work so it isn't like i can get in to sort out the issue quickly).

Yep, basically it is like those little shops (Mac) that only serve local produce and nothing by a brand with a Tesco or Asda next to them (PC). But still a few people will go to the little shop while the rest, who want cheaper items that do the same job go to the Tesco / Asda.

not really, since stuff from farm shops tends to be really nice.

i'd say it's more along the lines of: little shop stocks same stuff as tesco, only with a shiny label, massive price mark-up and dubious claims that it holds the secret to eternal youth.

ITS FAR TOO *fruitcage* HUMID!

fixed

dry heat i can deal with, humidity immediately saps my energy

Shock! Why get an iPhone if you don't listen to music? I wanted a user-friendly smartphone, and that's what it does well.

i'm not meaning to come across as a militant apple hater here, but i'd say android has the potential to be far more user friendly. my DHD's home screens and lock screen are set up so that everything that i use regularly is in a quick and easy to reach place. no flicking through pages and pages of apps. widgets are handy too.

Whilst I'm on the side of Android on the whole Android vs Apple debate, an intelligent user with a Jailbroken iPhone can setup their home and lock in a similar way with direct access to stuff like we can.

Archived