My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had an interview yesterday. In York. 3 1/2 hour drive each way. drove there, left in plenty of time, arrived when i wanted to (about 30/25 minutes before interview scheduled), nice and relaxed and alert, fairly confident it'll go well as i've ALL the experience.

go in about 10 minutes early (good to be more than prompt), introduce myself, sit down as asked. Get asked to fill out a form, which is essentially ALL THE *fruitcage* INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON MY CV YOU USELESS *fruitcage*S CAN YOU SERIOUSLY NOT BE BOTHERED TO READ A *fruitcage* CV? IT TELLS YOU EVERYTHING RIGHT THERE.

Starting to sound familiar? Yeah, it did to me as well.

Get to the actual interview proper, and the chap opens with "now, the situation has changed slightly..."

*fruitcage*.

Turns out, they've actually already FILLED THE *fruitcage* POSITION I WAS APPLYING FOR. not to worry too much, as the guy will be transferring to a different department 'soon'.

soon?

SOON?

WHAT KIND OF QUANTI-*fruitcage*-FIABLE TIMESCALE IS 'SOON'!?

Seriously. If they're still interested in hiring me, great, it's the perfect job for me, and i'm perfect for the job. But they knew where i was coming from, and anybody with half a brain can plug the two places into google maps and find out how long it would have taken me, then given me a quick phone call to explain what was going on, and saving me driving halfway accross the *fruitcage* country AGAIN. for NOTHING. AGAIN.

To top that off, a really busy and stressfull day at work today (in 1 1/2 hours early as a colleague is on holiday) and then to top THAT off, i dropped my phone in the sink earlier and now its *fruitcage*ed. turns on, but the colours on the screen are all messed up, plus it flickers all the time, plus it wont accept any touchscreen inputs. plus it wont recognise the simcard.

joy.

I appear to have developed an irrational hatred of Ben Fogle

Nothing irrational about hating floppy haired twat who is only famous for being on reality TV

Tinkerton: try taking it apart as much as possible and putting it in a warm place like in an airing cuboard or on a radiator for a few days. It might not work but it's worth a try

Caravan holidays.

No wifi, ###### poor 3g, cramped conditions, screaming kids, chavs as far as the eye can see and to top it off more rain than a south wales winter.

I usually just drop my parents off and head home but for some reason staying seemed like a good idea as my brother his g/f and their kids were staying and I don't see much of them. Really wish I'd not bothered.

RE: phone.

If drying it out that much doesn't work the chances are that some precipitate from the sink water is messing with the contacts.

As a last resort, try cleaning the whole thing (minus battery) with de-mineralised water and dry it again.

If it is truly broken it can't hurt, eh?

Stunt, and other people trying to help with phone. Sadly i'm fairly certain its the impact thats damaged it. I've left it drying out since i got back at about 6pm and its still the same. Probably half fried the controlloer board for the screen.

Oh well.

Job update: apparently the managing director is quite interested, actually, and has invited me to second interview on friday am (before a different interview friday pm).

HOWEVER. he has mentioned (presumably after being told by chappy i had interview with yesterday) that i have long hair in a ponytail, and that if i was to work for the company I would be required to be presentable and smart (and a load of other management jargon) which essentially translates as 'get a hair cut or you don't get the job'.

Legalities aside, i'm really not sure how i feel about this. Granted, i'm aware that some companies have a strict dress code, and yes, long hair is not everybodies idea of 'smart'. But i wear it in a ponytail. I wash it. It's not dread locks, or greasy, or messy or unkempt, and realistically, it harms no-one. It's not a danger to anyone (even me, i'm not stupid enough to lean over fast spinny things with it dangling) and honestly, i can't see the issue.

One of the things to talk about on Friday, methinks.

Caravan holidays.

No wifi, ###### poor 3g, cramped conditions, screaming kids, chavs as far as the eye can see and to top it off more rain than a south wales winter.

I usually just drop my parents off and head home but for some reason staying seemed like a good idea as my brother his g/f and their kids were staying and I don't see much of them. Really wish I'd not bothered.

...since when did you become an Irish Traveler? :blink:

If you all want summer heat, go ahead and take it from Michigan.

Damn near pushing 100 some days, and we're considered the "tundra" state.

Not to mention the fireworks going off everyday, damn politicians just had to repeal the ban on "illegal" fireworks. We've found 27 bottle rocket cases at the golf course, a course that is rather dry in this heatwave...

Archived