My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunt, and other people trying to help with phone. Sadly i'm fairly certain its the impact thats damaged it. I've left it drying out since i got back at about 6pm and its still the same. Probably half fried the controlloer board for the screen.

Oh well.

Job update: apparently the managing director is quite interested, actually, and has invited me to second interview on friday am (before a different interview friday pm).

HOWEVER. he has mentioned (presumably after being told by chappy i had interview with yesterday) that i have long hair in a ponytail, and that if i was to work for the company I would be required to be presentable and smart (and a load of other management jargon) which essentially translates as 'get a hair cut or you don't get the job'.

Legalities aside, i'm really not sure how i feel about this. Granted, i'm aware that some companies have a strict dress code, and yes, long hair is not everybodies idea of 'smart'. But i wear it in a ponytail. I wash it. It's not dread locks, or greasy, or messy or unkempt, and realistically, it harms no-one. It's not a danger to anyone (even me, i'm not stupid enough to lean over fast spinny things with it dangling) and honestly, i can't see the issue.

One of the things to talk about on Friday, methinks.

Just do it. At the end of the day, is your hair worth more than a better job?

Just do it. At the end of the day, is your hair worth more than a better job?

In theory I agree.

But *fruitcage* it, why the hell should he? As long as he doesn't look like a tramp, it should be all good.

There's probably a clause in the contract to be presentable and smart implying no pony tales and that would be grounds to fire you if you no longer ticked this box in their eyes by growing it back. Then again, they may really like/value you and not fire you.

I shaved my beard off for an interview a while ago and no one mentioned anything when I started with a full on beard heh.

Had the second interview this morning, went quite well, as far as i can tell. the chap in charge of that site seems to like me, so that's all good :D

with regards to hair cut, if they force it, i'll cut it, then grow it as long as i can before they notice :D

I just found out that my limited edition pain of Chuck Taylors is sunbleached cause they got took out of the black bag I had put them in.

They were already on the shoerack in the conservatory, but it seems that something out of place like a bag surrounding them couldn't possibly be deliberate.

Cheers mum. My Batman Chucks are now *fruitcage*ed. :(

WHERE

ooooooooTHE

oooooooooooooo*fruitcage*

oooooooooooooooooooooIS

ooooooooooooooooooooooooMY

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooWE

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooP90

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

Come on dudes, it's been years.

Come to think of it where is the Marui TMP MAEG?

Reading between the lines, they don't have the know how to make one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkLw9yFG9Ts

I'd have thought that the liquid state gas in a downward loading mag would be the biggest issue.

Yeah, listen/look at the gas release when he removes the mag. Some clever stuff will have to happen there.

Not that hard.

liquid gas goes into the main body of the gun from the mag.

Expansion chamber in the body.

BLAM BLAM BLAM!

Or just set the mags up for 12g CO2 carts and put a loop in the feed pipe.

Better yet set them up for 15g carts since they have a damn screw thread on them.

Hmmmm. Unless there is a valve on both the expansion chamber on the gun and the mag I imagine it'd waste an awful lot of gas every time you take the mag off.

Anyway. Job sites. Advertising jobs that closed a week ago. Waste of time.

Really hope they release some time soon, GBB P90 would be great. They were apparently in some sort of tussle with Cybergun over licensing - I don't care if they have to call it the WEhappyfuntime-90, they need to get it out!

Not that hard.

liquid gas goes into the main body of the gun from the mag.

Expansion chamber in the body.

BLAM BLAM BLAM!

Or just set the mags up for 12g CO2 carts and put a loop in the feed pipe.

Better yet set them up for 15g carts since they have a damn screw thread on them.

You can get threaded 12g carts, I suspect no-one uses them because they cost more and it's easier to integrate a locking mechanism into the gun.

Current rant: summer camp always clashes with whatever airsoft event I choose to attend each year. Every damn year, so annoying!

Yeah, that's the video I was referencing. They don't know how to get it running properly. Also, think of the cool down and that metal mag stuck right up to your cheek. Wouldn't be fun when it's chilly. It's a tricky one.

Archived