My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's the video I was referencing. They don't know how to get it running properly. Also, think of the cool down and that metal mag stuck right up to your cheek. Wouldn't be fun when it's chilly. It's a tricky one.

I would hope for the final production model the mags would have a plastic outer shell, like their G39 mags. What do you mean about it not running right? Are you referring to how the blowback/cycling seems a bit sluggish in the video? That's all I could see was wrong with it.

From that video, theres the sluggish cycling but it's a prototype so I appreciate there is room for improvement. It's mainly the issue with the gas sealing when removing mags that we can see. I've heard they have had other problems with it but I don't know the specifics. It seems they are blaming copyright infringements and licensing issues for not releasing anymore long arms and focusing on pistols at the moment. I highly doubt they have a perfect working model of a P90 sitting on a shelf somewhere, ready to be released but are held back by issues with FNH licensing. It didn't exactly stop them with the G36 and the nazi-ish HK. They can't do something similar and bring out an RC-P90 or a RCP-45/RCP 120?

Now the drill has been changed to a piledriver. I want to piledriver the operator now. I don't even have an idea what it's for, my workplace is between the two subway stations under construction and the tunnel itself is dug using a TBM, so unless they're building some monstrous kind of emergency ventilation, I have no idea why the hell do they have to make all that racket.

Now the drill has been changed to a piledriver. I want to piledriver the operator now. I don't even have an idea what it's for, my workplace is between the two subway stations under construction and the tunnel itself is dug using a TBM, so unless they're building some monstrous kind of emergency ventilation, I have no idea why the hell do they have to make all that racket.

tumblr_m68qfwGIxr1r3k73wo1_500.jpg

Huh? Not had any problems with my phone for the last few days, calls, SMS and data all working fine. I've been on O2 since it was BT Cellnet. My only bugbear with them is that if you go over your minutes it's THIRTY NINE PENCE per minute!

Oh, and they don't have an unlimited data upgrade for my contract, I can only have 1Gb per month, maximum. Which would be fine, but I just opened a Netflix account to use on my phone when I'm out and about, but it'll kill my data allowance if I use it anywhere that doesn't have WiFi.

Honestly, they actually tired to use "unlimited WiFi" as a selling point, by which they mean you can access various O2 and BT hotspots around the UK, but not *ANY* BT hotspot, only certain ones. Which are nowhere near anywhere I go.

Humm, so they don't get a signal near me and now they can't keep the network up? I am happy i am not on O2 :P

Anyway my only gripe is at a nearby site, the only one open this weekend the site owner starts playing and dolling out 'warnings' left, right and centre then breaking his own rules, not good but as i have no choice i put up with it.

'FireKnife'

Sister is coming home today early from Burundi, after being gone for barely a week (suppose to be their for over a month). Apparently she fell severely ill not from malaria, but a parasite that supposedly infected her back last year when she was on a missionary trip to Costa Rica.

I don't really understand how it was missed in all the doctor appointments, times she was in the hospital, etc, especially since she is in the medical field herself.

This week happens to be "OMGZ it's the biggest golf outing of the year!!!!" week, so I get to deal with setting it up, starting it, and cleaning up after it Tuesday night and all of Wednesday.

What is it with people parking in the middle of a double length parking space? Seeing as I agree with a certain Mr. Vincent Vega, I have to show my displeasure with notes on their windscreens questioning their ability to use the roads.

In fairness, some spaces are too short.

I park in one, I back in, and line my 'nose' up wit the line, but sometimes find my back end hangs out (ooh-err!) into the other space.

I have also parked down the centre line of 2 spaces next to each other...

Why? I drive a pick up truck (and use it as such, not a Chelsea tractor), and it doesn't always fit. The parking in the middle of 2 spaces thing is because I am sick to death of parking properly, which seems a rare thing nowadays, and having some utter bell end open a door into my car because the supermarket made the spaces smaller to squeeze more cars in for more cash into the coffers.

I even got told I was going to get a ticket one day by a mini hitler pretending to be a parking attendant for doing this, but after trying to reason why I had done it, and him being a jobsworth, a good amount of indifference and ignoring him seemed to make him think otherwise.

Is it a *Ubarflock* trick? Yes, but there are sometimes reasons. In a smart-car, not so much :P

Someone did that "trick" of parking over two spots to avoid door-dings at the completely packed local courthouse, and someone else who was in a pretty big rush (and happened to be driving a car that he was about to scrap for a tax credit) stuffed his Acura into the larger of the two half-spaces.

Sometimes i am glad i have such a small car, i have yet to find a single marked bay that it does not fit in to. Even when people park badly on those unmarked street side parking areas i still manage to find a spot.

However what doesn't help is those that own larger cars with no need, people that drive 4x4s just because they don't live within city limits, those that have people carriers for a single child and those with two seater enhancement tools, to be honest all of them cause issues and there is no need for it. However thankfully as so few people live in Aberdeen compared to the bigger cities it is never that hard to not look for another parking space away from them, still annoying though.

'FireKnife'

On a similar motoring related quote, my first car of 3 years decided to kill its clutch today....at a roundabout joining a motorway....luckily i managed to go around rather than join the motorway stuck in third and cruise home. Now to find the £180 to get it fixed amongst other bills/STANTA weekender and holidays. Stupid piece of *suitcase*.

Archived