My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry people i wouldn't fire at rats, too much chance i would damage other things and generally just annoy them. :P

Though it could be worse, reminds me of a story of a bloke that took it too far stalking rats round his house with a fire axe and a machete, basically making chunks of rat by the time he was finished, some people worry me, especially when axes are involved.

Still, a smoke grenade would work, give them a nasty smell and strike fear into them so they leave, though the house would need airing afterwards.

'FireKnife'

Very true.

Though at my work, due to it being a large open place with a fair few grass verges we have lots of rabbits, lots of rabbits which are affected by myxmytosis (or however it is spelled) and we have found that if they are on the workplace roads we are told to do our best to hit them without endangering others, that way it is a quick, albeit not that clean kill so they can be removed. It saves them struggling on and dying a slow, painful death and were i work you are looking at lorries and cars so it is quick. Personally ithink they should hire someone to come in and do it, but knowing this area we would get a Bill Murray look-a-like that tries to take them out with explosives. :P

'FireKnife'

You can't guarantee a clean kill with a vehicle, but myxy is a horrible disease that shouldn't have been introduced.

I remember clipping a bunny with my car on the way home one night, so I got out to check, and finish it it needed (I always do).

I picked it up, and skin came off it while it was twitching, so I chopped its neck...

And the thing exploded on me! Ruined a £150 shirt, covered in blood and fur...

Ouch, not good.

Well we have asked one of the accounts people to look at hiring someone but they won't, too cruel apparently. But i am sure it is worse to see them live out myxy, especially if they saw the one i did outside the Main Office, nearly bashing its head into the wall. <_<

'FireKnife'

Well, for years these things have been scurrying about through the walls at different points over the years. Usually they get stuck somewhere and die, which of course makes an awful smell. I told the folks to set out more traps for the ones up in the Kitchen.

I still haven't been able to sleep, go a second shift at 2pm till close. *fruitcage* the local chamber of commerce and their dreadful outing.

Do not even get me started on the fratboy outing occurring Saturday.

Pest control. Rats are tenacious.

Another gripe?

My spaniel just bagged a blackbird in the garden. She's young and following instinct, so caught it, then didn't know what to do, as I've tried to teach her to leave 'caught' things. I didn't see her doing it, but heard the noise from 2 male birds squawking at her.

When I got to it, it has a severed leg and broken wing, so had to dispatch it quickly.

I know I've mentioned I hunt/shoot, but it's only for the pot. I eat what I kill, and don't like needless suffering. Was sad about poor little mrs blackbird :(

That may sound silly, but There it is.

My family won't try eating new things so I only really get to shoot for pest control.

Which fortunately for me there is enough of here on the farm. The rats love the hay barn, I love laying on the raised bed of the cherry picker and sniping them.

My gripe for the day: Unpredictable traffic.

That's right when you plan a route to get from home to work and when you do it twice in 15 mins then you get up with 20mins to get to work the next day and it takes 30mins, so next day you get up with 30mins to spare and get there in 10.

Doesn't help that the Captain Special's that run Aberdeen's road network keep closing off then opening roads. Basically they think they can resurface it in a day, so they try to, then it goes wrong when people drive on it, so they try again, it goes wrong but they open the road, then they shut it for a week and get it done properly.

So, so terrible up here.

'FireKnife'

I get woke up after finally getting some sleep by my dad, who wants me, while he himself goes to take a nap before his work shift, to go over to his dad's house next door that we are watching for him while he is down in Texas (I mentioned the dog I have to watch before). Apparently my grandfather had gotten someone interested in a furniture set (table, 6 chairs, hutch) and I was supposed to show the person the items and get him/her talking with my grandfather on the phone. It was all firmly priced at $650. which my dad claimed was too low already.

Okay, figured it would be one of the usual farming families from around Mason that I usually sell things to.

Nope, recently arrived refugee family from former Yugoslavia, first time I've ever met someone from the region. The father really wanted just the table, and they only had $350.

My grandfather and the man talked, I got the man a bandage (his thumb had been cut moving things earlier). My grandfather wouldn't budge on anything.

The man was polite, well speaking, his argument was sound, yet I didn't have the power to just let him have the table and a few chairs. Hell, I would have covered the difference if my grandfather had let me. I had to let the family go off without anything.

My dad's side of the family is really *fruitcage* arrogant.

Who steals car stereos anymore?

Well it turns out some local crack addict or *tortilla chip* does in my area when i woke up to find they had put in my back left window and stole mine. Even with the faceplate shoved in the tray under the dashboard they still bothered to break in and go for it, with both bits missing.

Ah well, insurance time again, freaking joy of joys :( It isn't so much the inconvenience of the stereo being stolen, more the rubbish i am going to have to listen to from the insurance company this time.

'FireKnife'

Well i am sure i could find a spare window (very common car i drive) and the radio is under a seperate covers all warranty so actually i could just claim it under windscreen as damage and then only pay a single excess to have it repaired (and before anyone questions this, that is what my insurance said too).

Still, it means i might actually miss my next airsoft game tomorrow, as well as my excess costs of £75.

'FireKnife'

The stereo is not going to be replaced, i have a take anywhere solution for that. As for the window it is one of those pops out on three arms, so all it needs is a sheet of glass that size and someone to mount it, so all of a 10 min job, which i think a normal person could do. Still will see what it costs me etc.

'FireKnife'

Not sure why i put that. Though my car has nothing in it, save a map and a hi-vis to hide the stupid speakers i haven't got round to removing as they don't work.

The rest, aside from the dust and dirt is going in to my flat for now. :P

'FireKnife'

Archived