My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Yep, leave nothing. And if they see the stereo already gone, it's not a target.

If I ever left my car in town or anywhere dodgy, I used to take out the stereo when I parked up and bung it under the seat.took about 10 seconds thanks to ISO connectors. Sub was hidden, and 6x9s on the parcel shelf were covered with a coat or rag. Never cleaned the car, so it just looked scruffy and normal to the eyes of a thieving scumbag.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been out of airsoft for way too long. Used to skirmish weekly, I've done 4 in 2 years.

Its the same old story... worse pay, better hours or better pay, worse hours? I moved to the latter and while an extra 4.5k a year is great, the schedules and seemingly relentless work pattern is demoralising.

Once I get the money together that I need to get my house ship-shape, I am going to seriously re-evaluate my priorities... money or happiness.

Hi back atcha :) I wondered if anyone would even remember me, to be honest. I'm at Brit-Tac tomorrow, only my second game in a year. [edit: by tomorrow I mean later today. Derp!]

Sadly, the mess my dad left this house in, it needs a total top down redecoration/sorting. Nearly got the £ for the bathroom, and thats the biggest job.

Thing is, I've always worked on a 10hr day, 4 day rota... now I am on mixed shifts on a 8hr, 5 day rota and it just seems never-ending. I hope I can get onto a 4 day rota soon but till then I have to grin and bear it. Having to deal with a pretty antisocial workplace doesnt help.

Hey Guzzi! Welcome back!

Another one for that sentiment. My sister just demoted herself at work because she is a statistician but such a good one they gave her a manager's job.

She is not a manager, she is too much of a misanthrope (like me) to care about her staff.

The stress was making her MS flare up so she dropped a rank and is now much happier.

How could we forget you? A shotgun fan sticks in the mind!

I work 8 - 4.30, 5 days a week. Just bought a house that needs... Work. Including roof. Cavity walls emptying. Rads ripping out. Pointing. New boiler. No bathroom. No kitchen.

Basically has a shower room and that's it. Was cheap as someone paeesed away in it and their kids were bloody mercenary about it. They get quick money and we get an awesome house in a really good part of the town...

Anyway, im drunk on red wine and lashings of whisky, but my ramblings lead me to say I work full time, about to be married, will probably have a child on the way in the next 6 months, and still doing a house up!

Do it. A bit at a time. My whole family have been renovating houses for as long as I can remember, it's more hard work than cost if your of a practical mind.

Good luck :)

Another whinge. Zeroin.

I never signed up, as I heard it was a hotbed of nobs and lowball offers...

But, I need stuff sold, so i put it up there as well as here and other forums.

I don't think I've had one workable offer, including stuff I can't sell here. Basically, make a thread, or offer stuff in 'wanted', and then divide your price in half, and you're getting done a favour by the *fruitcage* bellend offering a price.

It's my own fault for trying, but Jesus christ, common sense has *fruitcage*ed right off on that forum ;)

It doesn't help that the moderator in charge is drunk most of the time, is completely favouritist, and is far more interested in a quiet life than actually taking any steps to either a) stamp down on the blatant illegal activity on there or b ) actually get a decent server for the forum that works for ten minutes without crashing.

I signed up for a look around, never been back. They're all rabidly defensive of Z1 and GZ and anyone who speaks out to the contrary is abused by the regs then banned by the admins.

Preposterous behaviour.

The server's the worst part, trying to complete a deal when the damn site crashes every few minutes is such. a. pain. I swear the damn thing's running on a 486 or something...

Well, I'm keeping my head down so my *suitcase* sells!

This is what I do, still the best place for flogging stuff. My MP7 holster went within 24 hours of me putting it up for sale.

The bit that makes me laugh is that you can't mention other retailers as they're the competition, but if anyone has a genuine issue with Z1 the response is something like "not our problem, we're just the forum and have nothing to do with the shop"

Went a bit mad with a hedge trimmer today. Now the mother-in-law's garden, looks like a warzone.

Welcome back Guzzi. All this talk of shotguns, makes me wanna get a shell ejecting version. Not to skirmish with, just to run around the house, pretending to kill zombies.

Sorry, I'm not with you. I am dum :D

---

This mini rant is pants. Literally.

I decided to give boxer shorts a try since I usually wear mens briefs (sorry ladies, no tangas here). And the space they take on a washing line is HUGE! I know my waist measures a respectable and o-so-cuddly 42" but damn, I need a mile of washing line to carry a week's worth of undercrackers!

So to summarise:

Light airy feeling - check

Letting the 'little fellers' have some elbow room - check

Volumetric efficiency - nope

This one should be a Mythbusters test, seriously. :D

---

Bonus mini rant: this video...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ayAxm6KA2rw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"We went to Wales to deliver our stirring war chant, passed down generation after generation through centuries of tradition and they brought on some fat man singing about bread!"

You cannot beat the Haka. Only the Siva Tau comes close!

Archived