My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never really 'done' energy drinks.

Vodka red bull sessions when out at 17/18/19 years old, always woke up feeling like *suitcase*. Thought it was the booze. Switched the redbull for orange, and was fine. That stopped me drinking redbull. This was 12/13 years ago, before this new breed of drinks (or at least before I was aware of them), and haven't tried any as a result.

Redbull never gave me a boost as such, do the newer ones really do that? I just figured it would be like drinking a litre of coke or similar. The mildest of sugar rushes and that's it.

What do they actually do to you?

well the modern ones have the equivalent of 4 strong coffee's worth of caffiene per large can, sugar to metabolise it faster and a bunch of natural stimulants.

To some, it's like tanking metamphetamines, to others it's a mild bit of a rush as he caffiene and sugar etc course through your system. Mostly red bull is a steaming pile of turd though.

Fair enough. I used to smash coffee down, and never saw a hit from that, even after several brews, but thanks for explaining it to me :)

Think I will give them a miss though. Caffeine, sugar and stimulants in one hit? My body is certainly not a temple, but that, I can live without.

My poor knight warrior doesn't have a nice shiny new illuminator on it, due to a stupid retailer sending the wrong bloody version (sent the western arms one, instead of the tokyo marui one). Of course, if I could find a slide lever stop (that is for vfc v1911 illuminator) in marui form, I'd be over th moon. Time for a bit of google-fu (if anyone knows of a place that stocks them as replacements, I would be grateful, if you pointed me in the right direction).

EDit:- Found it on uncompany, but they want $16 for the part, the whole kit only cost $59!!

My poor knight warrior doesn't have a nice shiny new illuminator on it, due to a stupid retailer sending the wrong bloody version (sent the western arms one, instead of the tokyo marui one). Of course, if I could find a slide lever stop (that is for vfc v1911 illuminator) in marui form, I'd be over th moon. Time for a bit of google-fu (if anyone knows of a place that stocks them as replacements, I would be grateful, if you pointed me in the right direction).

I am fond of a couple of the 500ml energy drinks.

RockStar blueberry and pomegranate is ood.

Relentless rehab still lemonade

Monster orange can and RockStar orane can.

All tasty, all give me a little boost.

I am trying to give them the shove though due to occasional instant explosive diarrhoea on consumption of the second can.

The worst instance was almost 100% down to a chicken shish kebab but it definitely has an effect on my guts.

The worst (best) one ever was some stuff made by Tennants in the mid 90s called "Red" it had bits of fruit pulp floating in the bottom and was alcoholic.

I had three jobs at the time (and was also alcoholic) and I got paid weekly, fortnightly and monthly. At the end of the month on my triple payday Friday my friend Graeme and I would buy three cases of the stuff and play James Bond Goldeneye on the N64 for 72 hours.

Then have explosive foamy red diarrhoea for a day or so and massive stimulant come down.

The only thing that could make me feel better was a full Scottish (like a full english but with Lorne sausage, white pudding, fruit pudding, black pudding, haggis, liver sausage and fried tattie scones as well) and a few bottles of Reef (back when it only came in one flavour and was in a stubby 250ml bottle with a ring pull top - delicious).

So much for this being an 'i am annoyed thread' :P

Though what is it, i have one evening off and it has all gone off topic in Off Topic :D

Anyway what has annoyed me, in truth nothing, and really all the time i have posted in this, aside from the odd window being broken have not really got me even slightly annoyed, life is too short to worry about the little things, it is the big things that i look forward to and so far they are going well. ;)

'FireKnife'

*fruitcage* WORK COLLEAGUES *fruitcage* STUPID *fruitcage* IDIOTIC *fruitcage*S.

where i work (car parts warehouse) we've currently got two customers (hereafter customer X and Y) waiting for a timing chain kit which is on backorder, currently the manufacturer isnt due to get any until the middle of september.

Customer X phones up, asks if theres any way to get one earlier, so i manage to find one in another dealer half way accross the country, specially order it in for customer X, ask the warehouse where it is today, turns out it came in yesterday and a colleague has sent it out to customer Y.

Not one available until tomorrow now, from another dealer in slough. Customer X needs the part today as the car needs to be fixed today.

Customer Y has already fitted the part.

Joy.

Not really your fault though is it? Unless you didn't mark the reason for it being taken from one place to another. If it was marked with the name of X then them sending it out to Y is there fault, if it wasn't marked with anyone's name and you didn't tell anyone then you have learned your lesson, don't assume the people you work with have a clue ;)

'FireKnife'

apparently the warehouse manager (who received the part) came into the phone office (where i'm working atm) and asked if anybody knew about it, but nobody in the office remembers it. Then my other colleague, who hasnt made this request to get the part from another dealer, says that he'd done it.

grrrrrr.

And no, it's not my fault, but it's me thats had my *badger*s chewed off by customer X because my colleague *fruitcage*ed up.

Oh well. 2.5 more days left here, then off to new job!

Oh well. 2.5 more days left here, then off to new job!

Then don't worry about it, they can all go swivel and you can enjoy your new job in peace.

I think i would miss some of mine, mostly the female ones i have tried to get with (and once or twice, succeded :P).

'FireKnife'

Because they have money / are pillocks / like to show off to the poor / inbreed / have nothing else to do / think it is a 'sport' / because the Olympics is a waste of time / they need to fill air time.

Take your pick.

EDIT: Turns out the T word isn't in the swear filter.

'FireKnife'

Sadly i'm married to a horse fan. Mrs Tink used to have a horse when she was younger. Apparently dressage is a way of showing the control you have over the horse, by making them do various things, such as walk diagonally/backwards etc etc.

Supposedly its more difficult than cross country/racing/show jumping because of this.

I quite like horses, tbh. And IMO, dresage has more of a place in the olympics than rhytmic gymnastics (the stupid one with ribbons/hula hoops).

To be honest the Olympics could do with some trimming.

Basically BMX, Volleyball and all the beach / extreme sports should be out. Football, basketball, hockey and all those big teams sports should be out as they have world championships. Really it should be the athletics, the marathon, the diving, the martial arts and the cycling. All the stuff they used to do in the old days with things like cycling added as it is basically sprinting or a marathon but with bikes. It just feels like they are doing too many things. :P

'FireKnife'

Archived