My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy a fan? Can't be that expensive or if you are in lower or middle management find a worker to fan you?

There is a fan, and it doesn't help.

Oh well, after the excavator hit a couple scoopfuls of random scrap (rebar, old pipes, stuff like that) and scattered it all over the construction site, it merrily *fruitcage*ed off somewhere else. It's finally quiet.

Lucky you, how long is the construction going to take?

Hell knows. There were claims about opening the second subway line in 2014, then they *fruitcage*ed something up at one of the stations and flooded it by accident last week, now nobody wants to take the blame and come up with a plan how to clean this mess up.

Also, the excavator is back.

At least they open one of the main streets next month since they're done with building the frame of the station. I'll have another route of getting to work.

Hell knows. There were claims about opening the second subway line in 2014, then they *fruitcage*ed something up at one of the stations and flooded it by accident last week, now nobody wants to take the blame and come up with a plan how to clean this mess up.

Also, the excavator is back.

At least they open one of the main streets next month since they're done with building the frame of the station. I'll have another route of getting to work.

Sounds like one giant cluster *fruitcage* to me, i would make a joke about having your Polish people back from here in the UK but i am sure someone would not see the ironic humour and report me. ;)

'FireKnife'

Thanks guzzi :)

One thing you might want to consider doing is speaking a/the eulogy for your father at the service. I did for mine, and my sister spoke one for my mother. It helped me and others to have a personal speaker at the service rather than having the (admittedly good) pastor do it.

Sounds like one giant cluster *fruitcage* to me, i would make a joke about having your Polish people back from here in the UK but i am sure someone would not see the ironic humour and report me. ;)

It's built by Polish, Turkish and Italian companies. Three nations you wouldn't expect to be diligent at work.

Also, if there's no cluster *fruitcage* happening during construction here, one will surely happen later. The subway line already suffered from bureaucratic cock-up regarding cables and pipes laid under the main street they had to dig through to build the station ("undocumented features", things nobody admitted to owning, etc.), undocumented maintenance tunnels in the way of tunnel-boring machine that caused sluice leaks at ground level, occasional Nazi bombs or WW2-era ruins, and, lately, hitting some underground mire right under the road tunnel located above one of the stations. In order not to *fruitcage* the tunnel up some wiseguy had the bright idea of flooding the whole station.

And don't even get me started on new apartment buildings. We had a comedy series back in the early 80s about a neighborhood that was basically one huge cluster *fruitcage* (dictatorial jerkass landlord, construction errors like crooked doors, windows, floors, pipes laid across the middle of a room, two families given the same flat, tiles falling off if you sneeze in the bathroom, etc.), but it turns out that even now there always has to be some kind of screw-up, like damaged window mechanisms, crooked walls, floor panels in two different colors and lengths despite being named the same...

I am amazed I'm still sane. It's hard NOT to go crazy in this country.

Having severe indigestion, headache and all, all day... and driving a forward control bus (you sit in front of the front wheels) over some of the worst roads this mining-subsidence plagued city has to offer, was not fun. And then my doors broke.

I so nearly just booked off at 9pm but struggled on since the services would have dropped if I hadn't.

Yeah, I'm one of the few bus drivers who actually gives a hoot about his customers!

But, in that film euro trip everything was insanely cheap in eastern europe and you could live like an arabian prince for $1.50... is that not really the case after all??? :huh:

Oh, why, yes, of course, for example the custom patches I ordered cost GBP 3.50 a pop and the shipping worldwide is GBP1.50, which is hardly a lot of money, but here's the trick: so what everything is cheap if our earnings are *suitcasey*? I get roughly 300 quid a month. Oyster card is almost 20 quid, cable/internet/phone bill is 30 quid, mobile bill is almost 15. Then, it's 40 quid for electricity each two months. And 60 quid for my parents so they can pay the rent.

After eyeing your companions in the photo shoot, it's hard to generate much sympathy...

What the hell are you on to?

After eyeing your companions in the photo shoot, it's hard to generate much sympathy...

This, this is very true. Then again Photoshop does amazing work ;)

Yeah, I'm one of the few bus drivers who actually gives a hoot about his customers!

Talk about one in a fricking million, all the ones round here that i encounter are *albatross* hats, they just don't care and pull out into the way of other cars with no indication, i don't care but no driver has the right to do that except maybe an emergency service that is in an emergency.

'FireKnife'

"what's the blandest thing on the menu?"

Damn i nearly forgot all about that, but it would be so funny if it was true :P.

However i could do with something good tonight, got a choice between Chicken Arabiatta and Meatballs in Spaghetti. Could do with a Max special a Chicken (or Shicken ;)) Kiev, Chips and a Fried Egg, proper heart attack food.

'FireKnife'

This, this is very true. Then again Photoshop does amazing work ;)

I still have no idea which photoshoot do you have in mind. I haven't posted photos here since a long time, well, maybe with the exception of that chick from Shadowrun shoot, actually the worst photo of her taken there.

Also, you haven't seen the two biggest mingers of that shoot. Or, if you somehow reached the galleries, I mean the green one.

Archived